Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin

He may have ended a two-game losing streak with victory over the Gold Coast Titans last Friday night, but Anthony Griffin’s days at the Brisbane Broncos are still numbered.

The powerbrokers at the Broncos have decided Griffin is not the answer long term and after four years at the helm, he will be sent packing at the end of the year. The Broncos had given up on getting Wayne Bennett back home last month – but all that has changed in the light of Nathan Tinkler’s financial woes.

Bennett told the Newcastle Knights he was committed to stay at the club but with his massive wage bill now under threat, he may be tempted to go back home to Queensland.

The Broncos would love to have Kevin Walters – currently Bennett’s assistant at the Knights – as head coach with Bennett in the role of football manager/mentor.

Nothing really new or factual in this article, but it still sounds great to me, I think Walters as head coach with Bennett doing things behind the scene and helping Kev out would be absolutely amazing.

Griffin

Nothing really new or factual in this article, but it still sounds great to me, I think Walters as head coach with Bennett doing things behind the scene and helping Kev out would be absolutely amazing.

No, especially not as this is the 3rd time this exact article has been posted in this thread :laugh:

Huh?

That article was written overnight.

It was the lurkers monday file. That's basically all sportal does, adam lucius writes 4 or 5 rumours he has heard or made up, then they publish them into separate articles the next day

It was the lurkers monday file. That's basically all sportal does, adam lucius writes 4 or 5 rumours he has heard or made up, then they publish them into separate articles the next day

Shut up, B4L, you're cramping my desperate optimism with your realistic pessimism.

Shut up, B4L, you're cramping my desperate optimism with your realistic pessimism.

haha sorry my bad. Adam Lucius is a highly credible journalist with key contacts high up in the broncos.

Let's all just tell ourselves that... dulls the pain

Daily Telegraph, today:

"THE planets are beginning to align for super coach Wayne Bennett to return home to Brisbane next season, with Anthony Griffin to be axed unless the Broncos can secure a top-four finish.

The spectacular collapse of Nathan Tinkler’s ownership at Newcastle has thrown Bennett’s future up in the air, with the seven-time premiership winner effectively becoming a free agent."

"Bennett is expected to see out this season at the Knights, but beyond that the club’s new ownership structure may mean he walks away from the final season of a four-year deal."

"Sport Confidential can reveal influential figures at the Broncos have discussed the prospect of Bennett becoming head coach, or a coaching director, in which case Kevin Walters would most likely be the club’s head coach."

Daily Telegraph, today:

"THE planets are beginning to align for super coach Wayne Bennett to return home to Brisbane next season, with Anthony Griffin to be axed unless the Broncos can secure a top-four finish.

The spectacular collapse of Nathan Tinkler’s ownership at Newcastle has thrown Bennett’s future up in the air, with the seven-time premiership winner effectively becoming a free agent."

"Bennett is expected to see out this season at the Knights, but beyond that the club’s new ownership structure may mean he walks away from the final season of a four-year deal."

"Sport Confidential can reveal influential figures at the Broncos have discussed the prospect of Bennett becoming head coach, or a coaching director, in which case Kevin Walters would most likely be the club’s head coach."

Mate could you send a link to the article. cheers

didn't he also say we need to get back to boring simple football and grind out the wins? haven't we been boring and simple for 2 years now?

*sigh* And after 2 years we still can't do the simple very well at all.

Tinkler is history. Bennett is no longer beholden to Newcastle.

Please make this happen. It will right the worst wrong our club has ever suffered.

I Re-iterate that I dont want him back as head coach, it would be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.