Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter never waited til Brooks was 23 to give him a proper chance to secure a starting spot. Once more, even when he didn't start him, he didn't deprive him of an opportunity to develop his game as a half by playing him for 25mins a week in a totally foreign position.

Griffin does deserve credit for 2013 Oates, but he's basically thrown it away on Oates in 2014. 0 mins in his first game back, then 18mins and 15mins. If Oates did so well last year (and IMO he did fantastic) why is he now getting less than 20mins per game? Yes he is now in the forwards and we have some good backrowers, but I don't see how you can call that good development.

Potter never waited til Brooks was 23 to give him a proper chance to secure a starting spot. Once more, even when he didn't start him, he didn't deprive him of an opportunity to develop his game as a half by playing him for 25mins a week in a totally foreign position.

Different scenarios.

Hook inherited the team when they had one last crack at a premiership window and just about got the Broncos there until Beale took Lockyer out. He had to basically rebuild a replacement from scratch and rolled the dice on the bigger talent in Norman. It came up trumps because Norman got thrown a ridiculous offer.

I'd also argue that Hunt wasn't ready like Brooks was and that certain players take a few years to develop. Remind me again, what age did Cooper Cronk, JT & Maloney get their acts together? Thought so.

Griffin does deserve credit for 2013 Oates, but he's basically thrown it away on Oates in 2014. 0 mins in his first game back, then 18mins and 15mins. If Oates did so well last year (and IMO he did fantastic) why is he now getting less than 20mins per game? Yes he is now in the forwards and we have some good backrowers, but I don't see how you can call that good development.

Hasn't been ideal but neither was his pre-season where he basically nursed a bunch of injuries before coming straight into the squad in Round 3 and has had to make the adjustment to the forward pack. Was clearly underdone as pointed out by others on here that he was chubby and has gradually played more minutes. Aside from the Titans fiasco (Griffin copying an ol' Benny ploy, in 2004 alone, Bennett didn't play something like six players off his bench in six different games) and Parra he's been apart of the 17 and has been getting more minutes as the season has worn on. Will receive more tonight in his second starting gig.

Different scenarios.

Hook inherited the team when they had one last crack at a premiership window and just about got the Broncos there until Beale took Lockyer out. He had to basically rebuild a replacement from scratch and rolled the dice on the bigger talent in Norman. It came up trumps because Norman got thrown a ridiculous offer.

I'd also argue that Hunt wasn't ready like Brooks was and that certain players take a few years to develop. Remind me again, what age did Cooper Cronk, JT & Maloney get their acts together? Thought so.

None of the players you mentioned played anywhere near as many games as Hunt did from the bench as a hooker. I'm not saying it shouldn't have happened as it can be a good initiation, but it went on far too long.

Also, LOLZ at your suggestion that playing Norman "came up Trumps". Last I checked, the definition of coming up trumps was not having a player put in a relative average series of performances and then take his unrealized talent to another club for big money. Thank goodness Darren Lockyer never came up trumps.

LOL indeed, I meant duces.

Go easy, writing end of semester essays will do that to the mind.

And yes, I'm going to have another LOL when I proof read it.

But yeah, my point was never to argue how ideal the journey was, just how similar the outcomes were. In saying that, I don't think the current arrangement with the QRL is as ideal as what Canterbury & Melbourne had with their affiliates. May have only exacerbated Hunt's off field attitude which was problematic and I feel played against him.

Last edited:
LOL indeed, I meant duces.

Go easy, writing end of semester essays will do that to the mind.

And yes, I'm going to have another LOL when I proof read it.

I'm still laughing. Best typo ever!

@TripleM_NRL: On Triple M, Kev Walters says he doubt Wayne Bennett will leave Newcastle and go to Brisbane at the end of the year #NRL

Gordie also said the Dragons are the only team who could afford Wayne, i really doubt that is the case.

This is amateur hour....

These guys are playing like they have never met.

I'm looking forward to the CM headline Monday morning

"BRONCOS SACK GRIFFIN"

You'd think after playing 100 games Hunt would know how to pass to the chest.

Horrible coach. Funny how the Griffin defenders were/are also the Hoffman in the halves defenders.

at this point just sack hook and give them a license to play some football instead of the boring rubbish thats being run out at the moment.

at this point just sack hook and give them a license to play some football instead of the boring rubbish thats being run out at the moment.

I'm down for this. I don't even care if we miss the 8. Just make our footy exciting again.

lol I deadest had a dream lastnight were I had a one-on-one meeting with White, and apparently had info coming from the players or something haha...I just kept telling him "mate, Griff has got to go, he is killing this club" etc etc, but White was adamant that he "couldn't" get rid of him because there were "people in high places" that wanted/needed him to stay. In my dream, Griff was coming down hard on our best performers (Macca, Hunt, etc) and really putting them under the pump for their jobs, while guys like Reed and Hoggman got a pat on the back and a "well done". It was almost as if the club had been sabotaged.

That was just a dream, right?

We can't have it both ways guys ... either we want Griffin gone, or we want us to play good footy.

The only way for Griffin to get sacked at the end of the year is for us to play poor footy. If we start playing well Griffin will survive...

Choose !!!!!

Another press conference where player and coach honestly believe we were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • azza.79
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.