Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hunt is the future at the moment. just need a coach to maximize his potential and get all those guns around him firing. with Milford arriving next year we have so much fire power, I firmly believe a premiership is possible. any coach would be licking their lips at our roster. the only bottleneck is Anthony grieffin

hunt is the future at the moment. just need a coach to maximize his potential and get all those guns around him firing. with Milford arriving next year we have so much fire power, I firmly believe a premiership is possible. any coach would be licking their lips at our roster. the only bottleneck is Anthony grieffin

Totally agree. It should be bloody easy for us to find a coach.

Totally agree. It should be bloody easy for us to find a coach.

We don't want just any coach though.

Somebody willing to try different things, and not just accept that a set gameplan works for every opponent would be my preference.

Hook just can't seem to adapt.

We do have a bitchin', mobile Forward pack, yet as mentioned, we bash the ball up the middle with one out hit ups.

Our Forwards should be running the ball to the line and passing before the line, at the line and after the line. We have the talent there; hell, I reckon McGuire could almost play 5/8 with his ball skills - Gillett the same.

Once we can start spreading the defense with ball work from the Forwards, it'll give Hunt, Barba etc more room to work with.

This all comes down to coaching. Do you think if the Walker Brothers were coaching us that we'd be playing this type of football?

I hope Griffin has been told his services won't be needed after this season. Would make watching the current game plan bearable to watch knowing there will be change on the way.

I hope Griffin has been told his services won't be needed after this season. Would make watching the current game plan bearable to watch knowing there will be change on the way.

god I hope so. it would such a breath of fresh air.

On Wide World of Sports they asked Wally Lewis about Griffin. "If he gets asked to move on for the good of the team I think he would be happy to do so"

Please Move on Anthony Griffin. For the good of the team

would he move on for the good of the team if i ask him? if so, i will go and find him right this minute.

...which is being based on Hook's decision to prefer Hoffman at five eigth over the other halves.

That comparison doesn't really hold up because Brooks is at a far more advanced stage in his career than the halves coming through at the Broncos.
Of course it is based on Hook's lack of balls to give a young half a shot.

In truth, I feel we are probably not that far away in our train of thought, but you keep looking at the current Luke Brooks, when I am talking about the Luke Brooks without FG experience. This is about whether Griffin would have taken the gamble with him when he was still a U20's player.

No young player will enter FG and kill it immediately, not even Locky managed that. That is why Griffin will only do it if he has literally no other choice!

Not sure if we are in the market for the Walker Brothers but they have the Ipswich Jets playing a really good brand of footy.

I wouldn't be against them getting a shot in the NRL, they seem to have their teams playing well in the ISC, they also seems to haver fresh ideas and are prepared to take risks... we could do worse

but you keep looking at the current Luke Brooks, when I am talking about the Luke Brooks without FG experience. This is about whether Griffin would have taken the gamble with him when he was still a U20's player.

Nah, you know better than most I keep an eye and a ear open for the juniors and I've had a high opinion of Brooks since his SG Ball days in 2012. His form in 2013 was MILES ahead of any half I saw at the club and he was a no brainer.

Cannot say the same for our 20s at this stage for one reason or another.

Nah, you know better than most I keep an eye and a ear open for the juniors and I've had a high opinion of Brooks since his SG Ball days in 2012. His form in 2013 was MILES ahead of any half I saw at the club and he was a no brainer.

Cannot say the same for our 20s at this stage for one reason or another.
You're still missing the point... It doesn't matter how good he was. If Griffin had a "safer" option, like Austin or Richards (LOL), he wouldn't have picked him.

Not sure if we are in the market for the Walker Brothers but they have the Ipswich Jets playing a really good brand of footy.

in that live chat with chris garry a week or two ago he seemed to think they will be in an NRL job next year. might be just speculating but i would be all for them two taking over the broncs with bennett as a football director.

in that live chat with chris garry a week or two ago he seemed to think they will be in an NRL job next year. might be just speculating but i would be all for them two taking over the broncs with bennett as a football director.

This. Walker Brothers bring a fresh game plan and attitude, while Bennett brings experience and a cool head. Could be a great combination. The Walker Brothers have certainly brought out the best in Marmim Barber and infact, a lot of the young guys there are playing good footy. The MOM today, can't remember his name, the Hooker for the Jets, he's playing well, too.

Well it seems we are all agreed that the Walker bros are a very good option, how do we tell Paul White?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.