Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walker bros would be great coaches, they have about 5 players in the team that have been in the ipswich local comp last year. It would be great to watch our team actually pass the ball around and have a game plan. The Jets on top of the comp with the smallest pack in the comp. totally different then our current game plan 5 up to a bomb kick to Reed.

You're still missing the point... It doesn't matter how good he was. If Griffin had a "safer" option, like Austin or Richards (LOL), he wouldn't have picked him.

On a basis that doesn't really stack up since Brooks is far more advanced than our options.

As I said, if we had a player of Brooks' ability circa 2012/13 you could make that claim, but we don't so it doesn't hold up.

On a basis that doesn't really stack up since Brooks is far more advanced than our options.

As I said, if we had a player of Brooks' ability circa 2012/13 you could make that claim, but we don't so it doesn't hold up.
Nah, it just means you have more faith in Hook than I do. :wink:

would it be an NRL/ARL first having a two pronged head coach attack in the walker bros? I am all for it. laters hook

would it be an NRL/ARL first having a two pronged head coach attack in the walker bros? I am all for it. laters hook

I think Bennett and Furner were co-coaches at the Raiders in 1987

I'm also open to the Walker bros. I watched the game and with the absence of any standout coaches I think a risk needs to be taken and a couple of choices with fresh ideas would be awesome. I don't think I've ever seen two head coaches but if we can have co-captains why not co-coaches as well. It would be no different from just having a really good assistant coach who has equal say behind the scenes.

This. Walker Brothers bring a fresh game plan and attitude, while Bennett brings experience and a cool head. Could be a great combination. The Walker Brothers have certainly brought out the best in Marmim Barber and infact, a lot of the young guys there are playing good footy. The MOM today, can't remember his name, the Hooker for the Jets, he's playing well, too.

Dane Phillips (MOTM) is 26 years old and played 86 ISC games, sure he'd love to be called young though.
Matty Parcell (hooker) is 22 years old so in league terms he isn't young either. 40 ISC games for the Jets too.

Dane is in great form though, last four weeks in a row he's scored from his own kick, this week he chipped for a try. Parcell has been great coming off the bench and having an impact.

Did anyone ever really think Andrew McFadden was a good candidate for us? I'm going to guess no, but he's brought about some good change at the Warriors and it seems to be having the desired effect. It's that kind of change people want, and it's clear Griffin isn't capable of effecting it. As for who is, that's not really for me to decide.

What happened to Kevvie or bust?

Why do you seem to always pop up with snide little remarks? You just love feeling so enlightened don't you? I for one would be more than happy for Kev to takeover anyone but griffin imo.

Why do you seem to always pop up with snide little remarks? You just love feeling so enlightened don't you? I for one would be more than happy for Kev to takeover anyone but griffin imo.

I don't really see how you arrive at that conclusion. Is my statement that people seem incapable of suggesting beyond Kevvie wrong? If you counted up all the suggestions for a new coach in this thread are you saying Kevvie wouldn't easily have 99%?

I don't really see how you arrive at that conclusion. Is my statement that people seem incapable of suggesting beyond Kevvie wrong? If you counted up all the suggestions for a new coach in this thread are you saying Kevvie wouldn't easily have 99%?

Id say Michael McGuire would have had a fair few, but sure alot of people have suggested kev, dont see how it was kevvie as coach or nobody tho, more of a suggestion to who is available and who could replace the muppet we currently have.

I don't think he's disagreeing with your overall point, it's just the manner in which you seem to always post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of a few concerns that I would have about Kev Walters is that he went through a full merits appointment process with the Cowboys and lost out to Paul Green. If he could not sell the Cowboys and they thought that Green was the better appointment, it makes me very wary about him winding up at the Broncos as head coach.

Other than Neil Henry, Matt Elliott or Daniel Anderson, there does not seem to be any experienced coaches available. Given that we have promoted from within on two occasions now without the desired results/outcome, I think we have to look outside the club this time. None of the three mentioned are all that palatable or stand out as must have coaches, so I think we are left with taking a punt again on a young coach/coaches. Other clubs seem to be able to do it eg Brad Arthur and Andrew McFadden. So maybe the Walker Brothers are an option for a three year contract with an option in the club's favour for the third year. If they are not heading in the right direction after two years, go balls out for one of the recognised coaches. I think someone like Hasler would be excellent for us.

Interested to know if you have an opinion at all TBH, you come across like you are just waiting for the chance to make ppl look silly.
Maybe that's not your intention 1910 or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • whykickamoocow
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Ozired
  • Justwin
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Culhwch
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Robboi_321
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.