Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I don't think it matters who the coach is next year. With Milford coming to presumably play 5/8, the good old excuse of 'we are building combinations, players need time to gel blah blah blah will get thrown around a lot. Will be hanging around 8th spot by round 20 with a tough run home and falling out before the finals again.

doom and gloom I know but you can see it happening.

Is this a gee up? If not, what did he have to say?

Not at all, he said he genuinely does care what the fans think, reiterated that a top 4 finish is what they want as a club. Honestly seemed genuinely interested (albeit probly wasnt) in what i was saying in regards, to our form and coach etc. he said he will take a scrappy win over a loss etc.

Overall though top bloke, very down to earth, very approachable and very honest.

Got a call from Paul White today, what a stand up bloke!

Is this a gee up? If not, what did he have to say?

of course its a gee up...

and even if he was actually telling the truth about the call from White, [MENTION=8345]cammac[/MENTION] would have straight away gone into a rant about Griffin, the call would have been VERY short :takdir:

of course its a gee up...

and even if he was actually telling the truth about the call from White, @cammac would have straight away gone into a rant about Griffin, the call would have been VERY short :takdir:

13mins tbh

don't mean to be rude, but why would he call you

Cause i sent him an email, and he was kind enough to respond. Im pretty sure someone else on here had the same experience. I'll just say my opinion of him has changed tenfold.

I believe ya [MENTION=8345]cammac[/MENTION] - I also remember it happening to someone else on here before, as you mentioned.

It's not unheard of for club CEO's to respond to emails that written with good intent, glad to see that he does do that, now we just need him to sack Griffin and he'll be a good CEO ;-)

Cause i sent him an email, and he was kind enough to respond. Im pretty sure someone else on here had the same experience. I'll just say my opinion of him has changed tenfold.

I'm guessing you bought up whether griffin will be sacked etc. what was his reply

Really? How did you get that and what did he say?

I sent him an email, he said he would be happy to give me a call directly instead of just email correspondence.

he said he genuinely does care what the fans think, reiterated that a top 4 finish is what they want as a club. Honestly seemed genuinely interested (albeit probly wasnt) in what i was saying in regards, to our form and coach etc. he said he will take a scrappy win over a loss etc.

Overall though top bloke, very down to earth, very approachable and very honest.

Def the type of guy you would want to have a beer with.

I sent him an email, he said he would be happy to give me a call directly instead of just email correspondence.

he said he genuinely does care what the fans think, reiterated that a top 4 finish is what they want as a club. Honestly seemed genuinely interested (albeit probly wasnt) in what i was saying in regards, to our form and coach etc. he said he will take a scrappy win over a loss etc.

Def the type of guy you would want to have a beer with.

That's very refreshing to hear

I'm guessing you bought up whether griffin will be sacked etc. what was his reply

I did yeah, he said that they were all under pressure, and said he can't really discuss the ins and outs of the coaching situation with me. He did however say that Anthony can coach, and that the players really put in for him. He unfortunately wouldn't tell a random scumbag like me the future plans etc etc which is understandable. The fact he took the time out of his day to have a chat with me gives me a lot of confidence in his leadership.

EDIT: Let me just reiterate tho he didn't make any suggestion Griffin was getting sacked as you would expect, so I'm not trying to lead anyone to that conclusion or skew any of the things he said to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did yeah, he said that they were all under pressure, and said he can't really discuss the ins and outs of the coaching situation with me. He did however say that Anthony can coach, and that the players really put in for him. He unfortunately wouldn't tell a random scumbag like me the future plans etc etc which is understandable. The fact he took the time out of his day to have a chat with me gives me a lot of confidence in his leadership.

Thanks very much for sharing this mate. I have always had a lot of faith in white and always thought he came across as a smart operator and genuine guy. Pleasing to hear that this seems to be true.

Once again thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • phoenix
  • sooticus
  • Aldo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Morkel
  • Stix
  • Jedhead
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • Battler
  • Horseheadsup
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.