Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Sack Griffin

Well we were higher on the ladder at this stage last year with Norman and Wallace in the halves.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Well we were higher on the ladder at this stage last year with Norman and Wallace in the halves.

and then spiralled downwards into an insipid, clueless rabble that could barely put a point on the board at the business end of the season - with Norman and Wallace running the show.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

and then spiralled downwards into an insipid, clueless rabble that could barely put a point on the board at the business end of the season - with Norman and Wallace running the show.

Don't get me wrong we were terrible but even so Norman and Wallace's best has been far superior to what Wallace and Prince have delivered this year.

There is no future in the current halves pairing of Prince and Wallace. How silly will the club look when Wallace goes and Prince is our go to go for next season.

Last edited:
Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

So you think it would have been better for us to have Norman stay where he was, doing dumb **** selfish plays and refusing to put his body on the line and play for the team?

Prince getting rid of Norman means that we start looking now rather than waiting another few years with their heads in the sand about normal. If he didn't leave now when a playmaker is available we would just hear the standard shit "we have corey fucking Norman (aka the second coming) we don't need to look anywhere else"

I'm with you on this, if anything Prince's arrival has probably fast-tracked a clearing out of the ranks ... Read a little deeper into Griffin's article in today's SM and its apparent that Prince, despite being past his prime and barely wanted by the broncos, has outshone Norman et al in the battle for #6 - "one way or another we were going to find out about our halves with the competition provided by Scott Prince"

Its pretty apparent that Griffin and the whole organisation is / was very keen for Norman to be the Broncos' #6 but he just hasn't stepped up and grabbed it by the balls, so Prince has been the call. So I can completely understand the Broncos being unwilling to match Parramatta's (ridiculous) offer for Norman, given his performances just didn't warrant that amount of money.

So imo, we're now where we likely would have been in a season or two's time when after a couple more unimpressive campaigns in the #6 jersey, Norman was either dropped or granted permission to leave.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Masterstroke from Griffin then. Signing Prince to mentor our halves that are leaving the club. Excellent work. No to find a replacement for a washed up Prince and a nuffy Wallace. Good luck.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Masterstroke from Griffin then. Signing Prince to mentor our halves that are leaving the club. Excellent work. No to find a replacement for a washed up Prince and a nuffy Wallace. Good luck.

Hey, if our wunderkind halves had any real bottle they'd have sent Prince packing to Q Cup by simply out playing / out training him ... but they haven't

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Hey, if our wunderkind halves had any real bottle they'd have sent Prince packing to Q Cup by simply out playing / out training him ... but they haven't

Cute, you actually think Hook was going to put Prince in QLD cup.

I doubt Prince was ever going to play Q cup. He certainly is playing at Q cup level in first grade though.

I don't want to talk about Prince and Hook or how shit our halves are anymore. :sad:

Last edited:
Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

So Prince was untouchable ey ? righto ...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Cute, you actually think Hook was going to put Prince in QLD cup.

I doubt Prince was ever going to play Q cup. He certainly is playing at Q cup level in first grade though.

I don't want to talk about Prince and Hook or how **** our halves are anymore. :sad:

Neither do we, but you keep fucking bringing up.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

It is quite clear from where I am sitting that the coaching, the recruitment, and our players are major issues at the club so they will be spoken about. I know you like to think the light shines out of the Broncos arse but that is fantasy land stuff.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

It is quite clear from where I am sitting that the coaching, the recruitment, and our players are major issues at the club so they will be spoken about. I know you like to think the light shines out of the Broncos arse but that is fantasy land stuff.

what ???

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Problem??? Wasn't referring to you [MENTION=7690]Bull Shark[/MENTION]

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Don't get me wrong we were terrible but even so Norman and Wallace's best has been far superior to what Wallace and Prince have delivered this year.

There is no future in the current halves pairing of Prince and Wallace. How silly will the club look when Wallace goes and Prince is our go to go for next season.

Let's play a game.....it's called "the common denominator" game

Who is it....??

The answer is the weakest link

Goodbye.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I don't think that, I have said that repeatedly and a lot of my posts reflect my frustrations with the club at times, however myself and others are trying to keep some semblance of reason... You seem to be going the other way. But whatever beads I have tried mate but you just keep going on with this tantrum and throw out all your toys, I'm done

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I have well and truly thrown my toys out of my cot. This club is getting run in to the ground by all involved. Coach, CEO, Football Manager. We will be parra in a year.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013

The Broncos are 6-14 in their last 20 games with the only the Warriors brandishing a worse record in that time frame. That's puts us in 15th spot in the last 20 games. What part of that stat doesn't concern people? It is made even worse by the fact that this is the only team in a RL mad city of 2 million and with a sporting brand which is the most recognizable in all of Aust, it is totally unacceptable.
Too many people on here have this "she'll be right" attitude, well I'm telling u that isn't going to be right, not until Griffin and Co. r a distant horrific memory.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

The Broncos are 6-14 in their last 20 games with the only the Warriors brandishing a worse record in that time frame. That's puts us in 15th spot in the last 20 games. What part of that stat doesn't concern people? It is made even worse by the fact that this is the only team in a RL mad city of 2 million and with a sporting brand which is the most recognizable in all of Aust, it is totally unacceptable.
Too many people on here have this "she'll be right" attitude, well I'm telling u that isn't going to be right, not until Griffin and Co. r a distant horrific memory.
I agree, that is unacceptable, I am interested in what you believe the solution is both short term and long term. Starting with this weekend, you have 3 starting backs out injured. Your best player (Hodges) who at the moment is out of form is missing on rep duties. Your replacement options in the backline include a rookie who has played 3 games (Kahu), an out of form rookie winger (Maranta), & a more experienced winger who is also not in form & has not played 1st grade for some time.

Thenwe come to the forwards. Your best prop is out injured, you are about to lose 3-4 of your pack to rep duties. You have some solid players that lack real flair as replacements.

Long term, you know you need a dominant play making half & a fullback now, but none are on the market. You also know you are going to need a star centrein the next 2-3 years. You could also do with a ball playing big bodied prop and perhaps one other big forward. Your young hooker who the club has invested 4 years into is not devloping as expected, do you cut him loose or persevere? Is there anything better available on the market?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

That stat is somewhat skewed by the origin period/fade out and the fact that we have had a relatively difficult run as far as opposition early on this season.

However, what steps would you take to fix this. Is there a coach available you think would do a better job than griffin? What players would you get rid of and who would you replace them with (ones that would actually have a chance of changing clubs, saying guys like slater, Cronk and smith would be counter productive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • whykickamoocow
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Swordfish
  • Broncorob
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.