Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
For the life of me I can't see why anyone would rate the Knights that highly. I think fifth is a more than fair reflection of their abilities. Blokes like Gower and Buderus playing. I've looked at the team and hardly know any of them. I know quite a few of the old guys and a some others that have been around several years but nobody sticks out as any great superstar. I guess Gidley qualifies and Boyd too but Gidleys only played 10 games this season. Uate is another big name but is really just another good NRL player. They have some good players but like I wrote, I just don't see them as laden with big name players yet they are 133 points better than the Broncos.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The Gold Coast looks the most likely although North Queensland might be the most fragile with Henry definitely on the thinnest of ice. I'm not sure the GC has the financial muscle to survive over the long term with a lot of problems recently .

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It might be too little too late, but I've actually been somewhat impressed with Griffin over the last couple of weeks, he's made some tough changes to the team, dropping Norman and Wallace, which we've been calling for all year, and also admitting that we basically need to revamp our roster to become a true threat next year..

But then again I'd probably still rather Walters as coach, or at least on the coaching staff.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It might be too little too late, but I've actually been somewhat impressed with Griffin over the last couple of weeks, he's made some tough changes to the team, dropping Norman and Wallace, which we've been calling for all year, and also admitting that we basically need to revamp our roster to become a true threat next year..

But then again I'd probably still rather Walters as coach, or at least on the coaching staff.

I would love Walters as an assistant coach and lets see what happens from there. I would be reluctant to turf a coach that the players all seem to respect, when Walters has had no head coaching experience. Not all of bellemys discipiles have come good.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
In regards to unbreak's post, whilst I agree it has been good to see the changes, for some reason it just feels as though they have come from those above Hook or at least been pushed upon him in some way, rather then him seeking them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
If the players all love Hook so much, why don't we **** Gee off and give his job to Hook and get a new coach

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I would love Walters as an assistant coach and lets see what happens from there. I would be reluctant to turf a coach that the players all seem to respect, when Walters has had no head coaching experience. Not all of bellemys discipiles have come good.
Pretty sure Kevvie was coaching in the super league.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think we can rule Cowboys out of getting Walters' services. He's cited being with family as his reason for leaving Melbourne. Going to Townsville would mean he's just as far away from them.

So I think Gold Coast as head coach replacing Cartwright would be the most likely.
Replacing Steve Kearney as assistant at the Broncos the next likely, with the pressure on Hook to lift his game in 2014 or Walters take over in 2015.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I think we can rule Cowboys out of getting Walters' services. He's cited being with family as his reason for leaving Melbourne. Going to Townsville would mean he's just as far away from them.

So I think Gold Coast as head coach replacing Cartwright would be the most likely.
Replacing Steve Kearney as assistant at the Broncos the next likely, with the pressure on Hook to lift his game in 2014 or Walters take over in 2015.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Carty still has a far way to go on his contract and I can't see the Gold Coast board sacking him.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Carty still has a far way to go on his contract and I can't see the Gold Coast board sacking him.

If they miss the finals again, given they spent so much money on guys like Taylor, Idris, Myles, Douglas etc in recent years, then I think they will sack him.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

He's coached Qld Cup for a premiership and Grand Final and Super League.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
titans have had alot of injury troubles in the last month. before that they were doing pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• maddo
  • Robboi_321
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.