Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'd support this. My biggest criticism of Griffin is his bench use, IMO he just doesn't use it to full potential.

Exactly, and after all this time it hasn't improved. I'm not really in the sack griffin camp but if he can't improve get someone to help him

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I can't understand why he pulls Macca so early. For mine, he should be there for 80 minutes

Whilst I agree that Griffin's use of the bench is absolutely horrendous (and always has been), I think Macca always gets a rest because his fitness levels just aren't up to scratch.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Whilst I agree that Griffin's use of the bench is absolutely horrendous (and always has been), I think Macca always gets a rest because his fitness levels just aren't up to scratch.

Well, that surprises me. If there is room for fitness improvements, what's stopping it? Macca may not be Smith, but I watched him closely tonight and his game I thought was very good. He made important tackles and looked like he was far from sluggish as he has been.

Things changed after he went off. A lot actually. For mine, bringing Wallace on was a momentum killer. From memory, I thought I saw Wallace ready to come on as Macca made a nice line break. WTF?

I am not a fan of a bench hooker. A utility yes, someone like Stagg. Then you can have a bench of Dodds, Tasi, Thaiday and Stagg

Last edited:
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Ease up champion. Ever thought that people are limited in what they can say or want to say?

I think my strike rate of being right is pretty high, so I'll back myself.
Hey, I'm only using your own words. I even said I'd probably do the same if I was in your position, so I'm not sure where any of your hostility is emanating from? Do you always get defensive when someone talks about you?

Furthermore, where at any point did I comment on your predictions and subsequent strike rate? Think you're taking this all the wrong way mate.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Well, that surprises me. If there is room for fitness improvements, what's stopping it? Macca may not be Smith, but I watched him closely tonight and his game I thought was very good. He made important tackles and looked like he was far from sluggish as he has been.

Things changed after he went off. A lot actually. For mine, bringing Wallace on was a momentum killer. From memory, I thought I saw Wallace ready to come on as Macca made a nice line break. WTF?

I am not a fan of a bench hooker. A utility yes, someone like Stagg. Then you can have a bench of Dodds, Tasi, Thaiday and Stagg
stagg, to me, isnt a utility. hes a second rower. in griffins "every player must be a second rower" mind, that might make him a utility, but hes not.

hes been absolutely useless in every position other than second row in every game hes played.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
stagg, to me, isnt a utility. hes a second rower. in griffins "every player must be a second rower" mind, that might make him a utility, but hes not.

hes been absolutely useless in every position other than second row in every game hes played.

'06 GF says otherwise.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
After reading this article, i have changed my position on Kevvie Walters taking over as Broncos coach, i'd be all for it now it has numerous quotes from him and his attitute impresses me.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd like to see how Hook goes with the likes of Barba and Milford in the side before we sacked him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
i'm not actually saying i want hook sacked, i'm with you guys if these new signing get confirmed i'l like to give hook a chance...

but what i am saying now is that should he get the flick the Walters would be my choice to take the reins

Last edited:
Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
'06 GF says otherwise.
does it? how?

defending well in the centres doesnt make you a good centre. if all it took was for you to defend well in a position and you were then considered good at that position, well wallace would be the best halfback going around.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
i'm not actually saying i want hook sacked, i'm with you guys if these new signing get conformed i'l like to give hook a chance...

but what i am saying now is that should he get the flick the Walters would be my choice to take the reins

I agree with that but let's dump Kearney now just in case he's poised to take the reins if Hook is sacked.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'd like to see how Hook goes with the likes of Barba and Milford in the side before we sacked him.

Yeah I can't agree more with this. I'm by no means a massive hook fan but he certainly hasn't had the greatest roster. If we get one or both of them and If there is no improvement then he definitely needs to go, but I want to see what he can do with the potential side next year before throwing him on the scrap heap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Gaz
  • Broncorob
  • thenry
  • kwomo
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.