Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hook will get next year to turn it around. Needs better people around him though. Kearney was a bad idea.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Kevvie does not want an assistant's job. He's done that and why would he want an assistant's job when two head role's are currently open.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I think Griffin is safe for now but the first half of next season will be his test, a poor start with the team serving up the same crap as last night will see him gone.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Kevvie does not want an assistant's job. He's done that and why would he want an assistant's job when two head role's are currently open.
Because a job is better than no job. If Kevvie isn't given either of the head coaching roles I can see him agreeing to be AC to Griffin. That way he can be close to his family and still earn a regular income.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Because a job is better than no job. If Kevvie isn't given either of the head coaching roles I can see him agreeing to be AC to Griffin. That way he can be close to his family and still earn a regular income.

He's got plenty of business interests to sustain him. He doesn't want an assistant's job.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
He's got plenty of business interests to sustain him. He doesn't want an assistant's job.

But he does want to coach the Broncos.

Starting as assistant might be his best way there ?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Hook will get next year to turn it around. Needs better people around him though. Kearney was a bad idea.

Hook needs more staff , look at the likes of Bellamy , has staff for his staff

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Hook needs more staff , look at the likes of Bellamy , has staff for his staff

He doesn't really. Bellamy does defense and obviously oversees the whole operation. Kevvie now O'Brien do attack, Kidwell now whoever takes his spot looks after forwards and Bellamy's son does video analysis.

Not including medical people and conditioning his coaching staff size is pretty normal.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
He doesn't really. Bellamy does defense and obviously oversees the whole operation. Kevvie now O'Brien do attack, Kidwell now whoever takes his spot looks after forwards and Bellamy's son does video analysis.

Not including medical people and conditioning his coaching staff size is pretty normal.
Yeah, but we either need a new coach or a assistants revamp, especially in our defensive dept. You can't deny that, can you?

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
But he does want to coach the Broncos.

Starting as assistant might be his best way there ?

I think Kevin Walters would crawl across a football field of broken glass to be head coach of the broncos ...

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If they are gonna sack hook then sack him now or after the bulldogs game. What's the point of sacking him 4 rounds in to 2014 only to have some one else take over with no preparation?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
A shame, he would be really handy if he accepted an assistant position with us. There's not many better qualified people to be assistant coach.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Loved the commentary team in the Cows v Kniggots game: "Imagine if they had given Neil Henry the flick in Round 4. They would have been minor premiers".

Ah, the benefit of hindsight. Or is it flying in the face of the bleeding obvious as it was and is south of Townsville.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
I think Griffin is safe for now but the first half of next season will be his test, a poor start with the team serving up the same crap as last night will see him gone.

Hook is safe despite the Broncos having their worst season in it's proud history? I think he is in strife and rightly so.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hook is safe despite the Broncos having their worst season in it's proud history? I think he is in strife and rightly so.

Lets not overlook the obvious and massive deficiencies in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • leon.bott
  • Skathen
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Cavalo
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.