Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nothing like cosy relationships is there.

Griffin should not be allowed to walk away with just a post-match press conference. He and Thaiday should be made to confer with the fans as well before they deposit their salaries

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
One thing I forgot to mention that I can't stand about his coaching is his obsession with size. His entire plan is based around trying to out"muscle" the opposition. These days all the best teams prioritise skills and pace over size. It's more important being able to throw a pass, pop an offload and use footwork to beat the defender even with the forwards. It's also why a good linespeed in defence is important too, to try to stop these things from happening (in addition to obviously not concede so much ground).

Griffin is really about 10-12 years behind the current coaching standard.

That's why I fear for barbas natural game if he signs with us. Griffin will just bulk him up and tell him no more 100 meter tries

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Re: 2014 Ladies and Gentlemen

First half of 2012, apparently we were going to dominate for 5 years.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

When was it that commentators and others frequently observed how strong and fit the team was?

Early rounds last year ......

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Just checked, I thought he was off contract next year, but it's the one after. Same time as Glenn. I reckon we'll lose one of them.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I am still lost in this dream that Oates will be the next Gene Miles

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013

Can you really complain about the coach being too friendly with the players and then in the same thread say you want a former player to come in as a coach?

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

Holly Frail has been the dietitian since the first year.
[MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] Any comment on why the team are so unfit and are all heavier this year compared to last year?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Must be my imagination, but when I hear Locky comment on our rabble, I can hear disgust and contempt under his breath.

I think he'd make a great coach

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

With Glenn it's mostly the bad attacking structure we've had this year. I guess it might be the same with Thaiday.

Fair enough, Hook is the real main problem.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

With Glenn it's mostly the bad attacking structure we've had this year. I guess it might be the same with Thaiday.

Fair enough, Hook is the real main problem.

What specifically is Griffin doing wrong with these two players do you think....?

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

What specifically is Griffin doing wrong with these two players do you think....?

Nothing specifically with those two players.

Just specifically the whole team.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Must be my imagination, but when I hear Locky comment on our rabble, I can hear disgust and contempt under his breath.

That's just how locky sounds all the time

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Locky was very awkward at the start of his media career, but now that he is becoming more comfortable, his knowledge and vision is starting to show. His commentary on the game in question, while obviously Broncos' biased, is practically always spot on!

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

The Cowboys were a good example of what happens to a team with a seriously good roster and a coach who couldn't make use of it.

We talk on these forum seeming to expect a few classy players will turn it all around next year.

We should think again. When you watch the good teams play you see above all else, organization and discipline, urgency and a "brutal" commitment to get on top of the opposition. You see a team of hard men playing hard ball - as a team.

If we honestly believe Barba and Milford and Kennedy (or whoever) will turn our fortunes around just like that, I think we will all be in for a rude shock.

Been saying this for a while now

As much as we need a Barba type player (and we really do) without a change in the coaching ranks too, 2014 will be another poor year

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

But Lockyer rates Griffin highly.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Whatever happens, I don't want Walters to come back. No more rookie coaches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Evander
  • kiwi2
  • mieko
  • Brotherdu
  • Johnny92
  • ostin86
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • simplythebest
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Wild Horse
  • Porthoz
  • MrMoore
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.