Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Sign Cameron Smith and make him captain and coach.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
The difference tonight was most certainly coaching but I think Griffin will get one more go at it next season with an improved roster, I definitely have my concerns about him though.

To be fair, if we had of gone with the team we've been playing for the last 5-6 weeks for the entire season I think we'd probably be sitting somewhere inside the eight, we'd still be shit but at least we'd be above Canberra.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Make Michael Hancock coach of how the **** to play the ball ASAP and how to make the opposition work to tackle you.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We've had a shit year. We've had injuries and we clearly don't have the cattle. We've been spoilt with how often we made finals in the past. When we start missing the 8 regularly, that's when you sack the coach.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I shake my head at the team selections. Why not persevere with guys like Granville, Slyney Maranta who have shown a bit of potential rather than drop them at the first sign of trouble.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I'm pretty sure we can all express our disappointment without the total disrespect being shown atm.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wouldn't say Maranta but it really disappoints me that Granville hasn't seen any more action after two games this season, first he was outstanding giving us great impact from the bench something Griffin should realise he needs if he wants a bench replacement for McCullough, second wasn't so great but didn't deserve to be given up on.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
second wasn't so great but didn't deserve to be given up on.

Absolutely, GCBONCO. That Canterbury game was the worst performance by a broncos side in the history of the universe. Seriously, worst game ever. Granville was the scapegoat. Granville was great in his debut and I was partly expecting him to be a bit flat the next week after the high of such an impressive performance. Griffin should've stuck with him.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Exactly and that's what annoys the fan's the most, the club doesn't really even want Wallace anymore so whats the real harm in giving someone like Granville a go? Remember that interview on the web for members not that long ago, it was brought up when he would get another shot and Griffin made out he had played well and playing well enough in the lower grades to get another shot, I'd say the time is now for Griffin to make it so.

Last edited:
MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
when your coaches get compared to family guy scripts, you know shit is bad

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
One thing I forgot to mention that I can't stand about his coaching is his obsession with size. His entire plan is based around trying to out"muscle" the opposition. These days all the best teams prioritise skills and pace over size. It's more important being able to throw a pass, pop an offload and use footwork to beat the defender even with the forwards. It's also why a good linespeed in defence is important too, to try to stop these things from happening (in addition to obviously not concede so much ground).

Griffin is really about 10-12 years behind the current coaching standard.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Someone tell me more about this 'Griffin coached teams play their best football at the back end of the year' bullshit.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Someone tell me more about this 'Griffin coached teams play their best football at the back end of the year' bull****.

Well, in a way it's true. That was about the best a Griffin coached team can play.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Re: 2014 Ladies and Gentlemen

I have a terrible feeling our spineless administration, the same mob who didn't sack Griffin and Kearney 6 rounds ago, are going to royally **** up with Barba and Milford. Barba will probably be at the Titans.

I have never been more deflated about a new seasons prospects before. Our club is being run into the ground hard.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

There's still a chance Griffin could be sacked. Last time we missed the 8, Henjak was sacked. I still think it's embarrassing that a club with our power and money is settling for probably the worst coach combo in the comp. Just looking at how much the Roosters have improved with a new coach, especially with their defence makes it pretty clear how ordinary Griffin is.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

I'm honestly not too displeased with griffin. Last year our defence was great. This year he went to attack with Kearney in defence. Even with a horrible injury toll our attack has started to click and griffin is making the right decisions. Our defence is literally the worst in the comp. Two sets in that game we had any line speed at all. The rest nothing. Yet we were the stuffed ones? I did notice all of their players were all muscle ours not so much. Very much is a conditioning issue. Our defence in and around the ruck is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • kman
  • davidp
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Strapper
  • Swordfish
  • BroncosAlways
  • barker
  • leon.bott
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.