Sack Seibold Now!

No he wasn’t. Just because Seibold isn’t the answer doesn’t mean Wayne was and we have plenty of evidence to show he wasn’t.
there’s even more evidence he was. seibold has taken the axe to Wayne’s squad and it’s a fucking joke now. We were one win off the minor premiership in his last season for **** sake why does everyone insist we were going like busteds when he left.

Who was their first choice? I must have been living under a rock cause I was under the impression Kevvie was always their first choice?

Their first choice was Paul Green ... they were chasing him immediately after his 2015 premiership win

there’s even more evidence he was. seibold has taken the axe to Wayne’s squad and it’s a fucking joke now. We were one win off the minor premiership in his last season for **** sake why does everyone insist we were going like busteds when he left.

Wayne Bennett's squad needed an axe to it ...

The problem was we listened to much to fan opinion and now have to rely on the youngsters as their replacements ... what we should have done is take an axe the squad, pick several of our most talented players and surround them with value for money experienced players.

So avoiding the spoon is now considered success? That’s the mentality of a weak club.
Yep, it's come to that. Would you prefer Seibold stayed and went down with his ship of shit?

Last edited:
More like weak supporters. The club is weakening yes. Let’s not give into it and become the Titans or the Dogs.
You wouldn't call 58-0 weak? How about 59-0?

Those same 'weak supporters' could probably have put the jerseys on themselves and only produced a marginally worse scoreline.

Last edited:
I think the sacking of Bennett and hiring of Seibold was us trying to start a new identity for the club that was more similar to other teams. That hasn’t worked though. For whatever reason, the broncos are different from other clubs. Maybe that’s the shadow of Wayne? Who knows. Rationally Kevvie isn’t a great choice for coach, but he’s a fucking bronco and he’s incredibly passionate about what this club stood for.

Capture

Love it @Foordy. So true. It’s a very different game now and the old boys have little to offer except their bullshit media statements.

We need to stop looking back.
Could not agree less. The old boys are why we're fans.

**** the old boys and **** Kevvie ... any lack of trust/confidence in Seibs, is in part due to the old boys (who many of our youngsters would have looked up to growing up) death riding seibs since day one ... jobs for the boys is not going to pull us out of this
Or it could be because his lack of any ability has lead to a 40% win rate at this club. We bought the coaching equivalent of a clapped out 1992 Hyundai Excel with a boot full of old pie tins and coke bottles on a 5 year lease, and that at top dollar because our CEO is mates with the salesman. The people pointing this out are not the problem, it's the people who refuse to look reality in the eye and double down in support of this absolute fraud of a coach. Any lack of confidence in coach fatso is absolutely and completely justified by the dreck he shoves out in front of us each week.

Last edited:
This is a club that needs a massive turnaround, I think both Seibold and the board have underestimated the scale of the task and the fallout after the sacking of Wayne.

I think Kevvie might be the answer, simply because he is a Bronco, he is passionate Qlder, we need that passion more than statistics and buzzwords, you just don't get that passion from Seibs and it is reflected in this team.

Do you have a point? in all of your posts that I’ve taken notice of lately, it’s very rare that you do.
You're taking notice of my posts but I honestly don't even know who you are? That's how relevant your opinion or posts are to me.

there are only 2 coaches in the NRL i'd chase ... Bellamy and Robinson.

Bellamy will retire at Melbourne only using other clubs like us and now the Bulldogs to get more coin from the Storm.

and i doubt Robinson will leave the Roosters ... he is now seeing the benefits of his hard work (besides uncle Nick will never let that happen)

on Walters, he is bloody lucky to even have a coaching job in Australia ... he only has the QLD gig because their first preference turned them down

Agree those 2 are the best options but are not realistic. Bellamy has already burnt us at least twice and there is no need for Robinson to give up his current gig for the Broncos.

So you just stick with Seibold?

Last edited:
Agree those 2 are the best options but are not realistic. Bellamy has already burnt us at least twice and there is no need for Robinson to give up his current gig for the Broncos.

At least Bellamy has family in Brisbane that gives him some small incentive to come here besides just cold hard cash. I'm not sure what we could possibly offer Robinson by comparison that Uncle Nick couldn't comfortably match.

Last edited:
At least Bellamy has family in Brisbane that gives him some small incentive to come here besides just cold hard cash. I'm not sure what we could possibly offer Robinson by comparison that Uncle Nick couldn't comfortably match.

I know Bellamy is a great coach but i am more "**** Bellamy" than "**** Kevvie"

Bellamy has screwed us over too many times and will always be a Melbourne guy even if he does throw us a pity **** and coaches us for a few years. I just don't think he deserves to coach the Broncos even if he is the best option.

unless there is a clearly better option ... then yes. Kevin Walters in NOT a clearly better option. His head coaching record in an easier comp for Catalans is poor (actually worse than Seibs current record). I think time may have passed Kevvie, because the fact that at 52, he still hasn't been offered a head coaching role, and that is telling IMO.

i'd actually like to see if seibs can get us out of this slump. it could be the making of him as a coach.

you have a look at someone like Brad Arthur, who really struggled for a year or two, but once he was able to make some changes to the roster, is now going really well.

even the great Wayne Bennett had mass calls for his sacking in 91, but the club stuck by him and the rest as they say is history.

Last edited:

we apparently offered him a big deal (even bigger than the Storm) ... I actually think he may not want to coach a team without Smith in it for fear of ruining his legacy

unless there is a clearly better option ... then yes. Kevin Walters in NOT a clearly better option. His head coaching record in an easier comp for Catalans is poor (actually worse than Seibs current record). I think time may have passed Kevvie, because the fact that at 52, he still hasn't been offered a head coaching role, and that is telling IMO.

i'd actually like to see if he can get us out of this slump. it could be the making of him as a coach.

you have a look at someone like Brad Arthur, who really struggled for a year or two, but once he was able to make some changes to the roster, is now going really well.

even the great Wayne Bennett had mass calls for his sacking in 91, but the club stuck by him and the rest as they say is history.
You actually make a strong point about Bennett. He was missing the finals back then with a vastly superior roster to the one Seibold has access to currently.

We have a squad of “athletes” not footy players, not sure who’s making the calls on recruitment/retention but we’ve been way to guilty of getting caught in our own hype. We can’t and don’t do the 1% plays that are required in today’s game.

I’ve been saying it for a few years now but we look like a U/15’s team who watch NRL on a Friday night then go out to play the next day and try to execute the same plays but have no idea how to.

This is a club wide problem not just a coaching problem.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • jd87
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • davidp
  • RodF
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.