Sam Thaiday

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Re: Sack Griffin? How about sack Thaiday

Thaiday needs the riot act. He really has been poor since being captain. Has a few good games here and there but mostly shit. I'm on board finding a new captain.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

I'd like to see Parker do the post-match presser and tell us what he really thinks !!

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

thaiday offers absolutely nothing to this team. his hit ups are piss weak, drops like a sack on first contact. his defence is toilet paper soft. his fitness is non existent, how do useless incompetent players still have a job? it wouldn't stick in any other profession. why do these morons get paid so much to be pathetic? payments should be performance based like every other job

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

sack them both.

or sack kearney and get an assistant who can coach FOOTBALL to this team.

i'm not over-reacting to a loss. its been the same for 2+ years. locky retiring exposed it. its coaching. its leadership. we lack both

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I think this has to be the last straw for Thaiday AND the coaching staff, I just can't see us progressing the way we need to next season with Thaiday, Griffin and Kearney in charge.

Thaiday needs to be coming off the bench, he's far too unfit to be starting, Glenn and Gillet starting backrowers, Glenn and Parker co-captains, Kevin Walters head-coach with a defensive minded assistant coach, and I'll be happy.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I'm a little worried that Griffin and Thaiday don't actually think that much is wrong.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Thaiday needs to be coming off the bench, he's far too unfit to be starting,

Your reasoning makes no sense. Thaiday can easily start and be replaced after 20 minutes.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

We MUST make a full on play for Walters.

Our gameplans are so one dimensional and predictable it's not funny.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

--can't delete--

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Your reasoning makes no sense. Thaiday can easily start and be replaced after 20 minutes.

My reasoning makes perfect sense, he gets too tired, too easily, he isn't in our top 5 best big men, Hannant McGuire Gillett Glenn Parker all have him covered for effort, skill and discipline.

I think he would be best used off the bench, or not at all. With Kennedy coming next year and with the emergence of Lui, he may just scrape into the #17 jersey next year.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

My reasoning makes perfect sense, he gets too tired, too easily, he isn't in our top 5 best big men, Hannant McGuire Gillett Glenn Parker all have him covered for effort, skill and discipline.

I think he would be best used off the bench, or not at all. With Kennedy coming next year and with the emergence of Lui, he may just scrape into the #17 jersey next year.

Lui is off to Manly next year .....

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

It really doesn't. How is fantasy land at this time of year? You can bag Thaiday till the cows come home but it won't change the fact that he can be a very good player. He has been shit and there is no denying that but he is not a player who just scrapes into our top 17. Seriously. Use Thaiday correctly and adjust his attitude and fitness and we have a world class backrower. Common sense instead of pure emotion.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

I don't know if Hook is capable of adjusting his attitude and fitness. That's my concern. IMO Hook is showing he does not have what it takes tactically to coach at this level. The club is backing him for his "man management" - well, manage the team's fucking CAPTAIN to where he needs to be, and can be as shown in Origin this year. FFS!!

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

It really doesn't. How is fantasy land at this time of year? You can bag Thaiday till the cows come home but it won't change the fact that he can be a very good player. He has been shit and there is no denying that but he is not a player who just scrapes into our top 17. Seriously. Use Thaiday correctly and adjust his attitude and fitness and we have a world class backrower. Common sense instead of pure emotion.

I honestly wish I was just speaking on pure emotion, but I've been calling for the benching of him all year, Gillett has severely out played him all year in every aspect and Glenn is much younger and has far more potential to be great, if one of our 3 backrowers has to be relegated to a bench role, my vote is for Thaiday... He's the oldest, he's the slowest, he's the fattest.. I agree with your point that he can be a great player, but I mean seriously, for 2 games a season? And it's not just this season, he was just as bad last year.. I'm not sure what amount of work you can do with him to remove his pure laziness.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

The Broncos have said they aren't interested him in being in our top 25 and have offered little as a result, doubt that will motivate him to stay.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

1377898603.jpg

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • dasherhalo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • leon.bott
  • Harry Sack
  • Rambstien
  • sooticus
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.