NEWS Sampson: Lodge can make up for his past

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Why are the media excused from acting like grown ups. All adults come across things the don’t like and don’t agree with in life, all the time.

In both our personal and professional life you have things that you don’t agree with and you can’t change. But you know what, you suck it up and move on. Sure you might not be happy, you might voice your displeasure, but once you have had your day you put on your big boy pants and get on with your life.

It’s bad enough that the media will outright lie and withhold truths in the pursuit of the agenda but now they aren’t even held to the same basic standard of every other adult.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Kent is a straight out liar. He says that Vonny asked Lodge about counselling and Lodge said there was none. I’ve read through three times now and nowhere does it say anything like this.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Also, Hooper implies that Broncos are lying by saying he is on an 85K contract saying the minimum contract is 100K which we all now know is patently false.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Also, Hooper implies that Broncos are lying by saying he is on an 85K contract saying the minimum contract is 100K which we all now know is patently false.

Hooper doesn't realize that only 26 of the players need to be on a minimum of 100k, the other 4 a minimum of 70k. It seems the ability to research is not required to be a journalist.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Maybe Lodge decided to repay us for the support we have shown him over the last few years ... while other clubs waited until he was cleared to return before getting involved.

This is exactly why he signed with us.

For all of the support the Broncos have given him in getting him back in the NRL and help to turn his life around. They gave him a place to train and gave him all of the help he needed. Plus he feels he belongs in QLD for the time being. He is repaying the faith shown by Bennett and White and he was willing to take a massive hit in pay to do so. Knights offer was reportedly $1.5 million over several years.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Twice now Rothfield has compared him to Packer and said Packer did his time then played a year of reggies before the NRL let him back.

Does this useless old prick know it's 2018? where the **** does he think Lodge has been since 2015.
Why are they so outraged over this like it was last year.

I was hoping the Bronco hate would die down a bit this year but it has started on a new, higher level.

Kent even sniped that WB was only plugging Provan as the next immortal so as Mal didn't get it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Kent is a straight out liar. He says that Vonny asked Lodge about counselling and Lodge said there was none. I’ve read through three times now and nowhere does it say anything like this.

Further to that you can guarantee the NRL doesn’t let him back in without counseling. He is a liar.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

Pretty sure Kent asked that question because it was not in the interview and Sampson said she did ask and Lodge replied there was none. So that bit was edited.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Pretty sure Kent asked that question because it was not in the interview and Sampson said she did ask and Lodge replied there was none. So that bit was edited.

Not to doubt the incredible integrity and journalistic credibility of the man, but Kent also said in the very same clip that Lodge hasn’t fronted up to the media, at all...

So either he is lying or Yvone Sampson is and never conducted an interview with Lodge at all...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Twice now Rothfield has compared him to Packer and said Packer did his time then played a year of reggies before the NRL let him back.

Does this useless old prick know it's 2018? where the **** does he think Lodge has been since 2015.
Why are they so outraged over this like it was last year.

I was hoping the Bronco hate would die down a bit this year but it has started on a new, higher level.

Kent even sniped that WB was only plugging Provan as the next immortal so as Mal didn't get it.

Of all the wankers on that NRL 360 panel, Kent's opinion is the one I care about the least, and that is an impressively low bar

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
It is blatantly obvious this has nothing to do with Lodge. The fact these pricks bought up Copely being flicked for Roberts, like he was promised Hodges spot and it was given to a thug. This is about the deep hate of Wayne. He lost the shed, he hires criminals, he leaves clubs in the lurch and his marriage broke down. Anything they can do to bring him down they will do it. It is sick, it is twisted and it is a disgrace. Anyone notice they have refused to talk about Cartwrights issues and Moylan also. I know for a fact that if Lodge signed down south, this story would be being spun in a totally different direction.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It's the Cowboys - therefore - redemption story.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Hope Carney makes it back in. I never thought the bubbling was such a big deal. Not a good look but shit, I didn't think it was as bad as taking peptides and the punishment seemed extraordinarily harsh even with his previous misdemeanors.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Hope Carney makes it back in. I never thought the bubbling was such a big deal. Not a good look but shit, I didn't think it was as bad as taking peptides and the punishment seemed extraordinarily harsh even with his previous misdemeanors.

He will. How can they keep him out? NRL let Wicks back in, Packer and now Lodge.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I doubt the broncos ever came out and stated the value of his contract... so really he's probably contradicting his own scoop from somewhere along the line

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I doubt the broncos ever came out and stated the value of his contract... so really he's probably contradicting his own scoop from somewhere along the line
Exactly. All the 'muddying' of the issue, as Kent put it, was done by Fox Sports reporters.

Also, they've posted another new article this morning. Why can't Ben Simmons get another triple-double or Hayne have another dream so these ***** can move on?

Active Now

• Battler
  • Lostboy
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  • Manofoneway
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Swordfish
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • bazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • KickHaas
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Totally Unr3al
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.