NEWS Sampson: Lodge can make up for his past

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Exactly. All the 'muddying' of the issue, as Kent put it, was done by Fox Sports reporters.

Also, they've posted another new article this morning. Why can't Ben Simmons get another triple-double or Hayne have another dream so these ****s can move on?
The thing that annoys me is I bet the typical fan no longer gives two shits about Lodge... they would probably prefer an article or two about their own team for once. Instead the media try and take this moral high ground PC stance as a veiled attempt to run their petty ongoing agenda.

Note to journos sports fans read shit about sport not tabloid garbage. This isn't woman's day

I'd say an article that ranks the teams halfbacks would probably get more clicks then half the stuff they keep trotting out.

On a side note last night Kent or Rothfield decided to use kirisome auva'a as an example of redemption.... how the **** do you use Auva'a as some sort of positive??? Did he ever come out and do an interview or front the media?? No he was a Souths rising star so got hit with a suspension but they had no issue with bringing him straight back into the team

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Top NRL gender advisor ‘blindsided’ by Matt Lodge return
  • March 6, 2018 5:56am
  • Source: AAP
2a991528af338c915e7213b1148515e0

Matt Lodge at Broncos training.Source: News Corp Australia
THE NRL’s gender advisor claims she has been blindsided by the league’s handling of Matt Lodge’s return and wants to raise the matter with the code’s leaders.

Catharine Lumby, who has worked with the NRL since 2004 on cultural change and player education, has raised serious concern’s over Lodge’s return to first grade in Brisbane.
Lodge’s comeback for the Broncos on Thursday night threatens to overshadow the season-opener against St George Illawarra, after CCTV footage of his infamous 2015 New York rampage was released last week.
Lumby is not impressed.
“The NRL’s handling of this case is one that I am concerned about,” Lumby told the ABC’s 7.30.
“I will be raising it with them.
“I would like more information and understanding of the rationale behind this because, to be quite frank, I was blindsided by it.”
NRL officials, led by chief executive Todd Greenberg, have insisted Lodge has done his time and is ready to make a return to the league.
3c14e73054b2a70aff7ae37a555218ea

Matt Lodge during the Brisbane Broncos training.Source: AAP
They also claim they knocked back an application for his contract last year, and that he has since fulfilled all of the requirements set out to him.
Lodge pleaded guilty to a reckless assault charge over the 2015 incident, where he told a female German tourist “this is the night you die”, before following them into another family’s apartment and assaulting the man who came to her rescue.
The footage released on Friday also showed him throwing a glass wine bottle at police officers as they entered the apartment, before he was eventually arrested at gunpoint.
He still owes $US1.2 million ($1.5m) in damages to the victims, after a plea deal ensured he would not spend time in a US jail.
667818_640x360_large_20180304221705.jpg

Gallen speaks out on Lodge
4:06
Lodge has not been made available to a media pack since he signed with the Broncos late last year, and is yet to pay any of the damages.
It has since been revealed he sent an apology to the New York District Attorney to pass onto the victims in 2016, however they say they are yet to receive it.
“This would be among the most disturbing of cases I’ve ever reviewed,” Lumby said.
“My major concern about Matthew Lodge is he has not made what I would consider a fulsome public statement of total contrition and shown a deep understanding of the impact on the people involved in this.
“But, also he’s not publicly shown that he’s got a plan to pay the compensation.”
What exactly is she blindsided about? How long have all of these facts been out there?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/7cdfa8203a47d2cfd919b8f4914129d5

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This is the problem right here, we all keep talking about it. NRL ‘journalists’ are just gossip columnists, we all know that. This constant talking about that program and all these stupid agenda articles are exactly what they want and exactly why they keep going with it. Stupidity and the nrl go hand in hand because we are conditioned to accept and talk about this bogan-level rubbish and open gossiping masquerading as journalism.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Have they forgotten his 2 hour interview with Fox Sports own Yvonne Sampson already, or are they simply choosing to ignore the fact that he has already spoken to the media over this?

I can tell you that emails have been sent with links to journalists who say he hasn't fronted the media.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Inb4 media galas be like "WE BROKE THEM WE WERE RIGHT LOOK AT US LOOK AT US!!"

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

I feel like was "broken" in the Yvonne column where it is quite literally indicated that he already has a prearranged interview with fox.

It clearly is and always was a league life promo

My private meeting with Lodge was arranged by his manager to gain some understanding about him and his past before filming an interview for Fox League.

All the talk from Kent and Rothfield about having to front senior writers have completely forgotten that their own female colleague already has an interview arranged, which could be construed as implying she isn't experienced enough or doesn't hold a sufficient enough level to conduct such an interview

Where's the PC moral high grounders now with this blockbuster news that senior staff don't consider a woman capable of conducting an interview competently???

Please note the tongue in cheek I couldn't really give a shit to be honest. Just pointing out the hypocrisy

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I feel like was "broken" in the Yvonne column where it is quite literally indicated that he already has a prearranged interview with fox.

It clearly is and always was a league life promo

All the talk from Kent and Rothfield about having to front senior writers have completely forgotten that their own female colleague already has an interview arranged, which could be construed as implying she isn't experienced enough or doesn't hold a sufficient enough level to conduct such an interview

Where's the PC moral high grounders now with this blockbuster news that senior staff don't consider a woman capable of conducting an interview competently???

Please note the tongue in cheek I couldn't really give a shit to be honest. Just pointing out the hypocrisy

Why be tongue in cheek, we should start a movement on this. Buzz and Kent can know what it feels like to be harassed. Get the feminists onto them about how much they despise Yvonne and laugh behind her back that she should stick to the kitchen.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Why be tongue in cheek, we should start a movement on this. Buzz and Kent can know what it feels like to be harassed. Get the feminists onto them about how much they despise Yvonne and laugh behind her back that she should stick to the kitchen.
To push it further they also raised Yvonne's column piece on 360 last night indicating how excellent it was... and then in the next breath indicate that he needs to front senior writers so they can get his side of the story.

It's flat out lying or they didn't deem Yvonne's article good enough.... or they didn't read the article. All three are plausible options.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The worst thing about when this interview goes live is that he won't get a fair hearing either way.

If he isn't deemed to be upset/crying enough they will say he is not remorseful.

If he crys/breaks down it will be 'crocodile tears' or 'too little too late'.

E

ettybay

NYC Player
May 9, 2014
I can tell you that emails have been sent with links to journalists who say he hasn't fronted the media.
So how long til you expect to get replies from these pretend admitting they were wrong ?

Active Now

• Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • KickHaas
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Totally Unr3al
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Swordfish
  • Xzei
  • peter09
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • broncs30
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.