NEWS Sampson: Lodge can make up for his past

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
They’re talking about Lodge to open NRL 360.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That’s a good point, I mean the only other time we have complained about journalistic standards is every other day of every week of living memory.
Case in point we've been giving them shit for attempting to post our team for round 1.

This is not a unique situation just standard criticism of a profession/organisation whose standards and quality have been significantly declining and on face value appear to have pivoted to click bait rather than actual sporting news.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Pretty much painting us with a shit covered paint brush

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That’s a good point, I mean the only other time we have complained about journalistic standards is every other day of every week of living memory.

I think people are being disingenuous about the amount of bias on display over this issue so I wont pursue the topic any further.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
**** me they are not holding back. It’s not just about lodge, dredging up Roberts, salary cap investigation.

Complete hatchet job

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Watching the replay now, sounds to me like just a lot of media butthurt that the Broncos didn't invite them to the table to talk to Lodge. Give the media the finger and you cop it, clearly.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I’m not talking about you personally but it just seems like a very conveneient time for some posters to draw the line on journalistic standards.
Yes , but equally you can't come out and say " you know he did that , right" but then not know what it is.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yes , but equally you can't come out and say " you know he did that , right" but then not know what it is.

Fair point. I felt that people who talked about how people should get second chances (mostly in the other thread) seem to be overlooking his other past indiscretions.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Watching the replay now, sounds to me like just a lot of media butthurt that the Broncos didn't invite them to the table to talk to Lodge. Give the media the finger and you cop it, clearly.

Exactly right. I like Crash Craddock but why should Lodge front the media like he has called just because those fuckers say so.

I would be disappointed with the club if they cave in to the pressure and throw Lodge in front of a a bunch of ***** trained to twist every answer to suit their own agenda to sell a story.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Fair point. I felt that people who talked about how people should get second chances (mostly in the other thread) seem to be overlooking his other past indiscretions.
You may well be right. But I wouldn't rely on what in the paper for an accurate representation of the truth.
Most of the "truth" in this case has been written by New York lawyers, looking for a pay out.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Exactly right. I like Crash Craddock but why should Lodge front the media like he has called just because those fuckers say so.

I would be disappointed with the club if they cave in to the pressure and throw Lodge in front of a a bunch of ****s trained to twist every answer to suit their own agenda to sell a story.

I don't think they will cave. Paul White was pretty blunt in his support of Lodge last week.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

I would be disappointed with the club if they cave in to the pressure and throw Lodge in front of a a bunch of ****s trained to twist every answer to suit their own agenda to sell a story.

At this point the only reaction they would have would be to largely ignore anything Lodge says and just beat their own drum about how the Broncos caved and they were right all along, because nobody knows how to pat themselves on the back about claiming a clubs scalp quite like the Rugby League media.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Australia is a bit behind, but it's growing sue-happy too. Just gotta look at any medicine profession if you are studying it or working in it. The amount of things that have been added on has been astronomical compared to what you hear about 20+ years ago.

A Neurologist in my building is constantly getting sued, because the results weren't as good as they'd hoped. Despite the fact he informs them of every risk etc before hand. It's disgusting when you consider that a number of those patients would be dead if not for him.

Smartseal

Smartseal

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2016
They’re talking about Lodge to open NRL 360.
There was also a piece on Abc 7:30 report, didn't paint a good picture for the lad, I'd be surprised if he gets to run out at all, cos it's hard to play footy without a head

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dexter
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • bb_gun
  • Organix
  • KickHaas
  • jarro65
  • Santa
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.