NEWS Sampson: Lodge can make up for his past

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I really do hope that Lodge is a changed man and does goodnfor the Broncos, but if this is the media towards him playing NRL again can you imagine if he makes NSW or better yet broncos make the Grand Final this year.. media is going to ride this for everything. Quite disgusting really. He did his time and I'm sure he will be paying his debt.

If he is needed by NSW this will all go away. All of a sudden he will be the redemption of the year and themedia will turn this all around. All of a sudden it will be 'his actions have been greatly exaggerated and he has done his time'.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
If he is needed by NSW this will all go away. All of a sudden he will be the redemption of the year and themedia will turn this all around. All of a sudden it will be 'his actions have been greatly exaggerated and he has done his time'.

And when he is picked for his country.....

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I really do hope that Lodge is a changed man and does goodnfor the Broncos, but if this is the media towards him playing NRL again can you imagine if he makes NSW or better yet broncos make the Grand Final this year.. media is going to ride this for everything. Quite disgusting really. He did his time and I'm sure he will be paying his debt.
If he makes nsw the media will quickly change their tune... "he's a changed man", "he's changing young people's lives"..... everyone's morals are outraged-until their team benefits of course

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I tend to agree. It shouldn't be an argument against one player or one club. Its an easy fix on the surface: Just ban them all and only let the clean skins of the world (Alex glen and the like) play.
The thing is, there were a number of incidents leading up to Lodge's rampage. The signs were there and yet nothing happened. Some were dealt with behind closed doors. Some werent dealt with at all.
Why was he drinking, knowing what can happen? Why was he there on a booze filled excursion? Why was he contracted still if he had ignored reprimands in the past?
What did the nrl integrity unit do when the first incident happened? How did it approach to the second? These all go to the heart of the matter.
This is bigger than one player, one club. All players, clubs and the nrl need to understand this. We need to tackle this at an organisational level, and correct things when they break down. Too much of this is done without transparency or responsibility.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Lodge cant change what he has done. What he can do is show he isnt that man anymore. He can do good things for people and change peoples lives for the better.

As for Gallen, i'd be ignoring a stitches ripping, drug cheating racist grub.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Lodge cant change what he has done. What he can do is show he isnt that man anymore. He can do good things for people and change peoples lives for the better.

As for Gallen, i'd be ignoring a stitches ripping, drug cheating racist grub.
Or he can put on some reading glasses and go to uni for photo ops like Packer is doing

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
What's the Gallen video people are talking about? The one I saw he said Lodge should be given another chance and that there are worse people who have been given a second chance.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What's the Gallen video people are talking about? The one I saw he said Lodge should be given another chance and that there are worse people who have been given a second chance.

He posted another after he found out what Lodge actually did.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Gallen can **** off. As can the media. This happened 3 years ago and the guy has not had tge money to pay his victims. Give the guy a chance to make good for god sake. If he had signed for the rooster we would be getting a very different portrayal.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Rugby league is such a circus. Gallen giving a running commentary on the Lodge matter. Surely it would have been easier to just say no comment in the first place. Clown.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Very noble of Paul to comment on the matter, I'm glad that he draws the line at threatening women whilst intoxicated and not at injecting performance enhancing drugs over the course of several years or king hitting people on the football field.

Well done Paul, you truly are one of the gentlemen of Rugby League.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Not only did Bird glass his missus he tried to stitch up his mate

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I just watched it and he didn't really slam Lodge. The only thing he really spoke about was violence against women, a stance he's supported earlier on. It was just a correction video. Gallen didn't do anything wrong THIS particular time rather clarifying his position after receiving a bit of criticism for not having spoken more strongly about the violence toward a woman.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Howie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • the_next
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • leon.bott
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.