Scott Prince Is Back - OFFICIAL!

When it was:
1. Norman
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

Norman showed glimpses of brilliance but was overall nothing spectacular. Prince is the experienced half substitute for Lockyer. Given though a few things are different in 2013 (no Henjak, Norman with 3 seasons of FG under his belt) things might be a little different.

I really thought after the first half of 2012 that we'd be lauding this year as Norman's breakthrough year. He did some very good things in the opening half of the season. Older, wiser, bigger and fitter he might do better.

As a fullback though, it's hard to match his style to any other current FB in the game. The best fullbacks these days are the most potent and important attacking weapon with line break ability, speed and strength. Norman is a slick ball player and a agile runner of the ball as opposed to a power runner like say, Boyd. Get Norman into more strength training and perhaps he could fit the Boyd mould but with better playmaking ability.

I do find it a crying shame that Hoffman might be the one cut loose here. Just watch Cowboys v Broncos at Dairy Farmers in August 2011 to see Hoffman's true ability.

The fact that we need to go back more than a year to see Hoffman's true ability is horrifyiing and probably speaks volumes about the situation

The fact that we need to go back more than a year to see Hoffman's true ability is horrifyiing and probably speaks volumes about the situation

How much further back to we need to go to see Norman's true ability

Ugh. What's really horrifying is your ignorance towards Hoffman's 2012.

I don't think you should take this so literally. I think that Hook means that this will make the players uncomfortable, because the calibre of this signing will almost certainly imply one of them will loose their position. I can't imagine any player going to Hook or openly complain about Prince's contract.

On the other hand, like you said, this will make them work harder for their spot, which can only benefit the club!

yeah at first I just read that as the a-typical coach talk .. but one article yesterday (been scouring the online news to try to retrieve it) had a direct quote from Griffin that elaborated just a little on the point .. Griffin was quoted as saying along the lines that he had contacted all his players prior to the Prince signing being announced to tell them first hand and how a couple of players really weren't too happy about what he'd told them.

As a fan that annoyed me for the reason that there were/are players at the broncos who'd seemingly prefer a saloon ride in first grade every week over something that will give the team a better chance of succeeding.

yeah at first I just read that as the a-typical coach talk .. but one article yesterday (been scouring the online news to try to retrieve it) had a direct quote from Griffin that elaborated just a little on the point .. Griffin was quoted as saying along the lines that he had contacted all his players prior to the Prince signing being announced to tell them first hand and how a couple of players really weren't too happy about what he'd told them.

As a fan that annoyed me for the reason that there were/are players at the broncos who'd seemingly prefer a saloon ride in first grade every week over something that will give the team a better chance of succeeding.

I'd say it was more that the talk around the end of last season would have been "we as a club have complete faith in you guys as the future of this team. Give it your best, we understand you are developing, and we won't cut you".

To turn around and sign Scott Prince flies in the face of that (for better or worse for the team).

Agreed.

Wallace has shown that, injury free, he is one of the best halves in the game. Learning to carry injury is what will take him to the next level.

Lol .......

the quintessential Wallace excuse......oh but he was carrying injury.

I've been hearing that line from the Wallace apologists since he busted his ball bag back in 2008.

Alright four ex you hate Wallace, we get it... New record please

It's a criticism you turkey. The dude can't play with injury.

Making a point here, don't want to get involved in another Wallace argument but if he can't carry an injury then shouldn't he be dropped?

Parker can come back from injury early because he's a God, everyone else needs to drink Parker's blood.

It's a fair point BP, many players have been shipped on or blacklisted - Durability is an important trait of a first grade footie player.

I'm a big Wallace fan as I believe when he's fit, he's fantastic and not far off the big two halves. He can maintain a rich vein of form and it generally takes some major de-railment.

Of his last few years: IIRC he carried a shoulder throughout 2010; 2011 he was coming off a broken ankle before suffering some sort of mid-term, early season injury which he never came back from; and this year he was uh-mazing until he once more re-injured his wing.

He's like most and just needs some luck remaining injury free. If he's a crock; well it might be time to look elsewhere.

I've nothing against Wallace criticism, my problem is with those who think he can't play. He can.

Good post.

I just wanted to qualify the best half behind JT & Cronk statement. You hear it all the time and while it's most likely true there needs to be an understanding that the quality is so low that all it takes is for you to have one good season and you'll be rated right up there among the best. Case in point: Adam Reynolds.

Wallace still has work to do to definitely set himself apart from the pack.

Every player suffers and Carries injuries through a season. If that causes Wallace to drop his form drastically, then he's not worth wasting money on

Every player suffers and Carries injuries through a season. If that causes Wallace to drop his form drastically, then he's not worth wasting money on

Going by that logic the money spent on half the team was being wasted then, good thing we spend money wisely on the likes of Norman who may be out of form but not injured.

Last edited:
I'm a big Wallace fan as I believe when he's fit, he's fantastic and not far off the big two halves.

You're a very poor judge ......

Active Now

• Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • marw
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.