Scott Prince Is Back - OFFICIAL!

Doesn't hurt to have a bit of extra depth in the halves. It would be good to see him put in a huge pre season and get the current lot looking over their shoulders.

Maybe there's a coaching element post career that could be part of the deal.

Maybe there's a coaching element post career that could be part of the deal.

doubt it ... don't think the grind of coaching would interest Prince .. He's a pretty doting father and I reckon would've been pretty desperate to stay in Australia and around these parts if possible to avoid putting his young kids through a big relocation.

Anything is better than what Wallace/Norman or Hunt dished up in the second half of the season. Prince would probably be able to direct the team around better which is what I think the Broncos are thinking. Having an expierenced half guide the team around. Wallace/Prince combanation for next season.

Broncos need an experienced halfback to guide the young ones thru and take the pressure off them.Whether or not Prince is the answer who knows but its a lot better than what we were fed this year.The 5th tackle options were dire to say the least.I guess they were relying too much on Lockyer in previous years cos it looked like they had no idea what to do on the 5th at times.

Last edited:
Having Prince on board makes me much more optimistic for 2013! Welcome on board Princey! If he returns to his best we could become really competitive next year.

I still have the crack of his leg going the wrong way stuck in my head.

Saying that, I'm not against the signing and hope he does go well. I hope the coaching staff stop saying "go break a leg" next year.

I hope the coaching staff stop saying "go break a leg" next year.

Haha, oh man, someone should totally make a 'Break A Leg, Princey!' banner for our first home game next season. :laugh:

I'm really starting to warm to this signing.

I've always been a fan of Prince - love his style of play - and whilst he hasn't really been all that great over the last couple of seasons, perhaps a change of scenery will have a positive impact on him.

It's a bit of a punt from the club, but heck, why not? We've got room under the cap, and if it works out, it'll be an absolute masterstroke... if it doesn't, well we've lost a few bucks.

Prince's signing has certainly made me a little bit more excited for next season.

What does it say ?

It says hey kids you may have been a big deal in kindergarten grade but we're running an NRL side here and the evidence thus far is not compelling enough that either of you is ready, willing or able to be the half or five eighth we need to be successful at the elite level. So we're bringing in a guy who has runs on the board.

Thank you bullshark. This is exactly the point. I'm glad to see the broncos finally doing something and losing the attitude of 'oh well boys, you did ya best... Winning isn't everything" bulls***! Winning is everything and as much as I like Norman and hunt they need to play some q cup to learn the difference between Toyota cup and playing against men. This is a brilliant move by the broncos IMHO

At the risk of becoming even more unpopular on this site I think some people could deal with a bit of a reality check.

All year all we have heard is "Norman sucks, hunt sucks Wallace sucks." All off season all we hear is "we only sign q cup players, we are dire in the halves but they do nothing"

We now sign, for virtually nothing, a quality player that you can only imagine will do better with no longer having to carry an entire club on his shoulders, that actually plays like a f***ing halfback...

And we here "terrible signing, what about the great hunt and Norman..."

Sheesh!

I loved complaining about Norman, it was why I got up in the mornings.

Norman is my favourite player, i have a life size poster of him on my roof above my bed

I think its a good move ... clearly at the back end of last season 1 or both of Wallace or Norman needed to be dropped, but you can't drop a player when you don't have someone that can do a better job. at the very least, this move will do that. Giving our first choice play makes some stiff competition is always going to be a good thing.

I think that behind our pack, Prince will go really well next season and we should be far more dangerous.

and with the Titans picking up 200k of the tab, it makes it a reasonably cheap signing. besides what were we going to do with the money next season. with Civo retiring, as well as Beale and Te'o leaving, we would have plenty of room to move under the cap.

Put it this way. If we got half way through next season and our pairing was still s*** because Wallace was down on form from shouldering all the responsibility and Norman was still refusing to pass, and you were told that prince had approached the broncos last year and we could of had him for peanuts and the broncos said no... You would be spewing, and rightfully so

Nobody's seriously suggesting Hook would pick Norman ahead of Prince, right? I like that Hook said he has to fight for a spot, blah blah, but you have a half who's played 200+ NRL games and won a premiership vs a guy who's played about 30 games and 27 of them have been crap...

Nobody's seriously suggesting Hook would pick Norman ahead of Prince, right? I like that Hook said he has to fight for a spot, blah blah, but you have a half who's played 200+ NRL games and won a premiership vs a guy who's played about 30 games and 27 of them have been crap...

Hook also mentioned that it might allow Norman to play more time at fullback.

I like where Hooks mind is going with this ;)

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • dasherhalo
  • Fozz
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • davidp
  • LittleDavey
  • Lostboy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
  • Old Mate
  • broncsgoat
  • barker
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.