Scott Prince Is Back - OFFICIAL!

Re: Scott Prince

Yes .......go on. Execute what exactly? :loool:

At least the signing says to me that the Brisbane hierarchy does admit to having a problem in the halves.

I hope Wallace isn't an automatic selection at 5/8. I still say he could provide very good value off the bench as a fill in for McCullough.

I'd say Norman has got the edge over Hunt in the Broncs management long term thinking so its good-bye to Ben. I guess all of us will be keeping a close eye on him over the next few years where ever he may end up.
:001_rolleyes:

I was dead against this signing but I guess at least the club is acknowledging that Norman and co just weren't good enough next year. If Prince can stay fit and not be a milkmen he should be a decent signing.

Talks with Thurston and other halves have not stopped. Prince came cheap and Broncos will be able to afford whoever they want.

I like your posts, they give me reason to dream, reason to believe ... please post more often ;-)

Hook on Fox Sports says they weren't actively looking for a half - Prince has to start from 25 on the roster and earn his spot.
Sort of intimated that Prince contacted them but not sure on that.
Hook says he was quite happy with what he had but they had room in the cap anyway. Also said the first thing he said to Prince was, "Don't bother coming if you're just looking for somewhere to retire"

He was happy with what we had? Load of shit, he's saving face to make useless Norman and Wallace feel all happy on the inside.

If he was genuinely happy with our halves, he's a fucking lunatic.

Hook on Fox Sports says they weren't actively looking for a half - Prince has to start from 25 on the roster and earn his spot.
Sort of intimated that Prince contacted them but not sure on that.
Hook says he was quite happy with what he had but they had room in the cap anyway. Also said the first thing he said to Prince was, "Don't bother coming if you're just looking for somewhere to retire"

Hook seems to call a spade a spade but I have a hard time believing he'd be as blunt as that with a former test and origin player (?) :scared:

Maybe Civo's year left him bitter?

Skeptical, but at least it gives us another option and we're not paying an arm or a leg for it. Always had a soft spot for Princey even if I thought he was one of the most overrated players in the game since 2010.

Also wanted to point out that Wallace was already playing the Lockyer role. Lockyer wasn't a traditional five eigth and played a lot of first receiver, particularly down the right edge which is where Wallace is currently positioned. His role won't change although having Prince there may make him look even better.

This is a classic Broncos signing in a lot of ways. We always tend to sign players who have history at the club. Langer, Thorn, Hodges, Hannant, Civoniceiva, Carlaw etc. even the likes of Folau are from the area - Prince fits into that category and I just hope that he has a much better stint than last time!!

Maybe Civo's year left him bitter?

Skeptical, but at least it gives us another option and we're not paying an arm or a leg for it. Always had a soft spot for Princey even if I thought he was one of the most overrated players in the game since 2010.

Also wanted to point out that Wallace was already playing the Lockyer role. Lockyer wasn't a traditional five eigth and played a lot of first receiver, particularly down the right edge which is where Wallace is currently positioned. His role won't change although having Prince there may make him look even better.

This is a classic Broncos signing in a lot of ways. We always tend to sign players who have history at the club. Langer, Thorn, Hodges, Hannant, Civoniceiva, Carlaw etc. even the likes of Folau are from the area - Prince fits into that category and I just hope that he has a much better stint than last time!!

Prince did nothing at the Broncos during his first stint other than rather unfortunately be injured and live in Alf's shadow so your comparison to the other prodigal sons is a bit off.

As a long term strategy, I'm very curious. We've just plugged the Lockyer hole with another senior half ready to retire while then pissing off our young halves/future fund.

Round 1, 2013... Who would have thought Princey would be at the Broncos (maybe Marshall will come too to reiginte the '05 Tigers combination).

My point wasn't that we only brought 'great Broncos' back rather we liked signing players who are familiar with our culture.

It's not like Hodges achieved a lot in 00-01 nor did Hannant when he returned (for the first time) in 06.

The Titans derby just became more interesting, should make it R1 just to be safe, you could sell out Suncorp with that match.

TBH I'm not sure where I stand on this, at face value I see it as a short term fix to a longterm problem but that being said the potential was always there that we won't have a working halves combination in the years Prince has been signed for either, regardless I think its a message to both Norman and Hunt that either one of them or both will be gone in the next two seasons especially considering they are both only on a contract for only 2013 so perhaps we should look at this as a potential kick in the backside for them to step up, not necessarily a bad thing at present. I'll be honest I'm not thrilled over the signing but I'm willing to give it a chance and see how it goes, I don't really think we have that much to lose from it if it doesn't go to plan.

As for Wallace I think its time Griffin bites the bullet and brings him back to 5/8th regardless of who is at halfback, where you can argue he played his best football from, his no halfback and really was only playing there to play alongside Lockyer.

Last edited:
To me, it looks like its code that we pretty much have verbal from JT for 2014.

Hook seems to call a spade a spade but I have a hard time believing he'd be as blunt as that with a former test and origin player (?) :scared:

why not? he's the coach of a side that ALOT is expected of. big deal prince played for australia some time in the past.

To me it seems as though Hook may have been over ruled on this. It seems a strange signing on a lot of levels. Hook has continually backed his current halves, said publicly his first instinct was no to Prince and Prince plays an expansive style so out of step with how Hook likes to play.
Interesting times ahead possibly in a few areas.

bleah.gif

Now I can't even have fun complaining about Norman in the halves.

Princes signing is looked upon as very suspicious by the media . Titans dealings with the salary cap = very cloudy area . princes big house at the gold coast tied into titans 3rd party deals and Titans sponsors . Broncos 3rd party deals . other media reports of titans paying half of scotts salary for next year ? I say good on Scott and the broncos , great player to have . scotty took a big gamble leaving or forced out by the tigers for the unknown gold coast titans years ago. he will be cheering staying in the gold coast brisbane area . beats going to england or sydney

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Dee
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.