Season 2022

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I wonder if we could get Semi Valumei cheap, he’d be fantastic on the wing for us.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep
Jul 28, 2016
Courier Fail article indicating that Bennett has confirmed he will be living in Brisbane permanently next year ... theres several quotes in the article and I'm sure our man McHunt McHunt will give us the run down in a new thread soon enough.

He's quoted that he's coming back as a "free agent"... so basically hasn't confirmed anything with anyone.

Broncos should absolutely go hard to sign Bennett as a coaching director or whatever is required to bring him back... I would actually prefer Bennett coming back rather than making a similar play for Bellamy

- He has pull in the player market... and you know he would be hanging around the training paddock most days. Not taking over training just talking to players, etc.
- Our culture and attitude is dead and gone, but Bennett will revitalise that, which is one of the biggest factors in professional sport nowadays
- It removes the threat of Bennett coaching Brisbane 2.0 in 2023
- It relieves Kevvie so he can just coach. Someone mentioned the other day that Kevvie is having to get involved in retention discussions with players and taking his attention away from the coaching... yes you want your coach involved in discussions, but given how inept our R&R appears to be he's probably doing a shit ton of work in the discussions
- Positive / Nostalgia associated with Bennett and the rightful position that everything should've worked towards when his contract was last expiring

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Courier Fail article indicating that Bennett has confirmed he will be living in Brisbane permanently next year ... theres several quotes in the article and I'm sure our man McHunt McHunt will give us the run down in a new thread soon enough.

He's quoted that he's coming back as a "free agent"... so basically hasn't confirmed anything with anyone.

Broncos should absolutely go hard to sign Bennett as a coaching director or whatever is required to bring him back.

- He has pull in the player market... and you know he would be hanging around the training paddock most days. Not taking over training just talking to players, etc.
- It relieves Kevvie so he can just coach. Someone mentioned the other day that Kevvie is having to get involved in retention discussions with players and taking his attention away from the coaching... yes you want your coach involved in discussions, but given how inept our R&R appears to be he's probably doing a shit ton of work in the discussions
- Positive / Nostalgia associated with Bennett and the rightful position that everything should've worked towards when his contract was last expiring

The only thing that could stop it happening is the same problem that rears it heads every time, the guys who got rid of him are mostly still all there.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep
Jul 28, 2016
The only thing that could stop it happening is the same problem that rears it heads every time, the guys who got rid of him are mostly still all there.
It would be a hard one for them to justify not going for given they are proposing millions for Bellamy to do basically the exact same thing.... except I would think Bennett would do it better than him

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It would be a hard one for them to justify not going for given they are proposing millions for Bellamy to do basically the exact same thing.... except I would think Bennett would do it better than him

Of course but it doesn't mean they'll let logic prevail over ego.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Oct 17, 2013
We should offer Bellamy 10 million a year, bring him in to sign the contract and let him know we’ve pulled it as he is knocking on the door. Payback.

Bennett is Broncos through and through. Having him here improves recruitment, rapport and there’s simply no negatives to having him involved. Get Cam Smith in as an assistant. Get it all done. Spend some of the money we earn. Also **** Craig Bellamy over in the process.

tommy

State of Origin Captain
Jun 5, 2015
The old codger should just retire. He’s only coming back to either knife kevvie or coach the dolphins, provided the article is telling the truth.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Broncos should absolutely go hard to sign Bennett as a coaching director or whatever is required to bring him back... I would actually prefer Bennett coming back rather than making a similar play for Bellamy

- Our culture and attitude is dead and gone, but Bennett will revitalise that, which is one of the biggest factors in professional sport nowadays

Kent with a solid point on 360. Bennett has just gotten a free plug by The Courier Fail aimed at the Broncos and Brisbane 2.0.

"Hey guys, I'm free next year. Make an offer."

I'd 100% prefer him over Bellamy. Nothing to do with who would be better in the role...Bennett is arguably the greatest ever Bronco and I can't see how having that back would be a bad thing.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Oct 17, 2013
Morris is still holding the knife that he used on Bennett's back, I would love it to happen but there would have to be a whole lot of eggs to be wiped off faces to come true.
So we should be pushing harder to get Morris out. He does nothing that literally any other somewhat qualified person couldn’t do. This club could literally run itself better if they named Buck as whatever it is Morris is. He’s not needed and right now Bennett is needed to improve this club

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Anyone else really get the feeling that we're treading water, contract wise, until DD starts?

Let's hope a presser is organised as follows:

May 1 - Welcome Donuts
May 2 - Staggs, Coates, Dearden and Piakura re-sign
May 3 - DCE released by Manly, to join Brisbane immediately
May 4 - Milford to join Dragons / Cowboys effective immediately
May 5 - Capewell, Gagai and Opacic to join the Broncs in 2022
May 6 - Bennett to join as coaching director in 2022
May 7 - Morris to step down at the end of 2021
May 8 - Nolan to step away to focus on gardening leave
May 9 - Surprise signing

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Staff
Jun 12, 2013

May 1 - Welcome Donuts
May 9 - Surprise signing

oprah winfrey thank you GIF

Renegade

State of Origin Rep
Mar 14, 2008
geez you know, it's not that I don't want Bennett back, but **** we've had a few goes at life after bennett and failed miserably both times... does it mean when wayne eventually does expire that we're forever fucked as a club?

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Apr 26, 2008
geez you know, it's not that I don't want Bennett back, but **** we've had a few goes at life after bennett and failed miserably both times... does it mean when wayne eventually does expire that we're forever fucked as a club?
Is it a valid answer to say I don't care about after? The idea is Bennett helps Walters for a year or two and hopefully by then Walters is good enough that he doesn't need help. Bennett is obviously old and can't have too much longer before he wants to enjoy retirement, so it would only be a short term appointment at most.

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Maybe if we let Wayne Bennett finish his second tenure, we'd be sitting pretty with Jason Demitriou as our coach soon enough.

I fear we'll regret losing Jason.

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
Oct 28, 2013

May 1 - Welcome Donuts
May 9 - Surprise signing
Would the preceding 7 signings not qualify as a surprise lol

Santa

NYC Player
Jun 30, 2020
Yes.

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So we should be pushing harder to get Morris out. He does nothing that literally any other somewhat qualified person couldn’t do. This club could literally run itself better if they named Buck as whatever it is Morris is. He’s not needed and right now Bennett is needed to improve this club
"Buck, should we re-sign Milford on $1M a year with 3 player options?"
"NEIGH"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamsmith

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.