Season Opener: Broncos Vs. Cowboys - Match Thread

who was i arguing with last year about Hunt supposedly being the only fullback around that has the 'playmaking skills' to do that 'out the back' play? was hunt playing last night, cause i saw us get at least 2 tries off that very same play?

Haha, Hunt has left, yet some people are still obsessed!

Anonymous person said:
who was i arguing with last year about Hunt supposedly being the only fullback around that has the 'playmaking skills' to do that 'out the back' play? was hunt playing last night, cause i saw us get at least 2 tries off that very same play?

Well which other fullback from last year could've executed those plays as good as Hunt did?

Flutterby said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
f
Im still out on kemp. He was atrocious at the warriors, and to me, it shows hes not a player who makes things happen, but instead relies on others. To me, 90% of his game is speed, and in the broncos that works, because we are good at getting around teams. I find his grab badge ironic, since just over 1 year ago he took the first big money offer he could to get out of the team.

Too harsh on Kemp. He was told point blank we had no money for him. He actually went to the Warriors for less than he was on at the Broncos in 2008. The reason he was so atrocious at the Warriors (and that is the one thing I will agree with you on here) was that he really really really didn't want to be there.
I thought he went on something like a 250k contract?

Kemp also got no ball at the Warriors because they run the vast majority of their plays toward Ropati/Vatuvei the other side of the field doesn't exist to them. Plus as was said he didn't want to be there which didn't help either, also being lumped with goalkicking when you are not a natural goalkicker in your second full year of first grade at a new club with high expectations of you.

Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:

Well which other fullback from last year could've executed those plays as good as Hunt did?

if a kid on debut can, it's save to say, just about anyone

QUEENSLANDER said:
Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:

if a kid on debut can, it's save to say, just about anyone

WOW icon_thumbs_u

Taking nothing away from the kid on debut, he had a stormer, but IMO took the wrong option a couple of times with the out the back play. He might convert say 6/10 scoring opportunities but someone like Hunt has a much larger executable skill set and would convert say 8/10 - something that IMO left him peerless in this competition.

It took Hunt years to get to that level. In the same amount of time Norman will be twice the player that Hunt was.

draggx said:
It took Hunt years to get to that level. In the same amount of time Norman will be twice the player that Hunt was.

Based on what? One game?

Norman was excellent in his debut, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and put unneeded pressure on the fella.

No based on my opinion and my hopes for the kid. he does not come on here so its no added pressure.

Lets not even try and compare Norman to Hunt it is just ridiculous. They are nothing like each other IMO.

Hunt wasn't perfect at it either I recall many occasions where he would run a mile sideways and completely cramp the centre and the winger and basically kill the play. He was very good at it generally speaking though and Norman looks much the same, with time I am sure he can make it just as effective.

norman can tackle tho so thats always good in a fulback

Norman was pretty good for it only being his first game. Made a few mistakes in attack not knowing which line to run and knowing when to pass the ball. Showed good signs for the future.

Totally satisfied with our performance. The Cows were always going to come good at some point, they're hard to peg back when they get momentum. But following Thurston's try we definitely played the better football and held our nerve whereas North Queensland choked badly in the final 8 minutes.

I think we should all look forward to seeing Norman and Gillett go round this year. They both had very good games.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • maddo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.