Seibold - 5 games in

Way too early.

5 games in?

Courier Mail was publicly calling for WB's sacking at the start of 92.

That was 5th Year in...

... and things ended up alright.

We've lost away to last years finalists (and the 2 best teams). We've lost a couple that could easily have gone our way.

Way, way too early to be calling out seibs.

Last edited:
Seibold already showing signs of cracking under the pressure. Getting testy at the media and pulling the mental health card about social media pressure and young players.

You coach the Broncos mate and you’re 1-4! Every loss the pressure is going to get worse!

Forming the view that this bloke is not cut of the right fabric to be a Broncos head coach.

Last edited:
I would like to clarify something, as I realise my words could be very well be interpreted in a way I don't mean.

I am not implying Wayne sabotaged the Broncos (or Dragons, or Knights) on purpose, like to make life hard for his successor or make himself look good after he left.
I am implying that his decision making and coaching is what brought us to this position, and I'm sure he actually believed it to be the right direction for the team and club.

Seibold already showing signs of cracking under the pressure. Getting testy at the media and pulling the mental health card about social media pressure and young players.

You coach the Broncos mate and you’re 1-4! Every loss the pressure is going to get worse!

Forming the view that this bloke is not cut of the right fabric to be a Broncos head coach.
That was evident before he even came here.

I agree, this whole judge him when he has his own roster is straight up bullshit. Anyone would think he's been tossed a squad resembling the western suburbs circa late 90's. Stop creating false narratives to hide behind, simply say we're playing shithouse and that's partially on Seibold. There's no need to be sycophant.

He's been given a bottom 4 spine. If the Cows had Barba or Holmes we'd probably have the second worst spine in the comp (the Titans being the worst).

I would like to clarify something, as I realise my words could be very well be interpreted in a way I don't mean.

I am not implying Wayne sabotaged the Broncos (or Dragons, or Knights) on purpose, like to make life hard for his successor or make himself look good after he left.
I am implying that his decision making and coaching is what brought us to this position, and I'm sure he actually believed it to be the right direction for the team and club.

I agree, but what the hell was he thinking running with Niko at HB with no backup plan? Most on here predicted it would be shit before they played a game together, others were delusional (myself included) because Niko had some decent games at HB and a good winning record and Hunt was stinking it up deluxe at the time. Then when it was obvious that it wasn't working he refused to go to the market for a half (Moses) after the Titans came in with such an over the top deal for Taylor that it completely ruined their club and yet Wayne still had no backup plan or wouldn't lower himself to signing a bloke like Moses (currently one of the form halves in the comp) or even Pearce. If he was here we would have had Niko until Wayne retired unless one of the young kids (presumably his plan was to wait until one of them was ready?) could come in.

It's worse than the Hoffman in the halves situation because at least that could justified as being a stop gap.

EDIT: this is before you even consider the retirement packages he handed to Gillett, Macca, and Boyd. God help us.

Last edited:
Jesus, I just had a look at the ladder. Is it mathematically possible that at the completion of this round we could actually be sitting last on the ladder? You can't be fucking serious!

Something's gotta give fellas this week surely. The thick-headed Professor has to make some critical changes to the make-up of this side. Milford is not earning his keep and Macca keeps fucking us over week after week. His passing in that woeful set of six last night was diabolical. I am honestly at a loss to explain how much I detest some of the overhyped leeches in this team. One thing though, I feel bad for laying so much shit on Nikorima, he probably gets less than half of what Milford does but puts in twice the effort most weeks compared to that overpaid muppet.

I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel with this team and coach. Not for several years at least anyway.

And this will change if we fire and win next week...

Am I happy with how we are going? No. One of our ‘big names’ should be dropped on general principle in my opinion because the rest are far too comfortable and need a reminder that they are in the team to do a job and there are ALWAYS others who can do that job. Maybe not as well and our ‘cover’ is not knocking the door down unfortunately, but they are in our squad for a reason. I’d pick McCullough personally. Move Knick to hooker and give SOS etc a chance.

But your histrionics are getting a bit over the top, IMHO. Years away?

We have a good forward pack, we have pretty good outside backs. We fix our defence and our handling errors and we are back to a reasonable competent team...

Just a run of the mill guy trying to undertake a job that is way beyond him ala Hook and Henjak. Better get used to him though. The Broncos will be taking the "Brad Arthur" approach with their star signing.

Am I happy with how we are going? No. One of our ‘big names’ should be dropped on general principle in my opinion because the rest are far too comfortable and need a reminder that they are in the team to do a job and there are ALWAYS others who can do that job. Maybe not as well and our ‘cover’ is not knocking the door down unfortunately, but they are in our squad for a reason. I’d pick McCullough personally. Move Knick to hooker and give SOS etc a chance.

We have a good forward pack, we have pretty good outside backs. We fix our defence and our handling errors and we are back to a reasonable competent team...

Agree with you, but I like having FIH around and his passion, the consistent negative posts were wearing thin with me as well. But I am going to treat him like the guy you see ranting on street corner about the end of times, when FIH is going off in a rant, I am going to ignore him.

Just a run of the mill guy trying to undertake a job that is way beyond him ala Hook and Henjak. Better get used to him though. The Broncos will be taking the "Brad Arthur" approach with their star signing.

You are correct. Paul White’s future at the club is staked with Seibold’s.

It’s possible we win the wooden spoon this season. Some on here will scoff at that but from what I have seen we are one of the worst teams in the comp at this point.

Last edited:

He's not wrong. We are years away from a comp unless one of our young halves is the real deal or we go to the market. This spine can't win games off the platform given to them by our forwards consistently enough to make the top 4 so we therefore can't win the premiership.

He's not wrong. We are years away from a comp unless one of our young halves is the real deal or we go to the market. This spine can't win games off the platform given to them by our forwards consistently enough to make the top 4 so we therefore can't win the premiership.

I disagree. There are structural problems with our team that to me stem from our hooker. We fix that and many of the problems we see in the main will be addressed.

Seibold loves to learn. There are plenty of lessons to be learnt from his current predicament.

Serious question, has anybody watched all those games or are we just going by the stats, because based on the stats their all average footballers.

Do we actually know how the team/system is built around them,

Deardan is playing the best of all those listed.
He was Man of Match on debut. He is a serious player. BUT the guys around him help - Wynnum strong 2019

PAIX next best with little support from his team. He might end up a 9 not in halves

They all were playing GIO Cup last year or year before.
Add PAAS and Fifita to that and you'll have the youngest side in NRL history if they go way and select either
Deardan at 7
Nikorima / Paix to 9
Osako to 1

McCullough & Boyd to retirement.

Wayne is trolling us now. When asked about how the Broncos are going he said:

“The CEO and the chairman and the board, I'm sure they've got it all under control and I wish them all the best."

“The CEO and the chairman and the board, I'm sure they've got it all under control and I wish them all the best."

HAHA

Should of said the CEO, Chairman and the Board have his full support.

Where did he say this? That’s fucking pure

He should say it. They deserve it. Guys, Wayne should not have left, it's that simple. I said it the day of his sacking and I'll say it now. Wayne would not have done worse than what Seibold is doing now.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • Manofoneway
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Socnorb
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • Alec
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncos4life
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.