Seibold - 5 games in

He should say it. They deserve it. Guys, Wayne should not have left, it's that simple. I said it the day of his sacking and I'll say it now. Wayne would not have done worse than what Seibold is doing now.

In 5 years time, we'd be stuck in the same place. It was time to go. What we are blowing up about in 5 rounds now, was years under Bennett.

Paul White’s future at the club is staked with Seibold’s.

that is not even the slightest bit factual ...

Paul White is one vote out of 7 who made this decision.

Paul White's future is staked to how successful this club is off the field ... not that hysterical over-reaction of "fans" like yourself.

and Paul White is doing his job superbly. this club is thriving off the field.

• we have the largest membership base in the NRL, which has been steadily increasing during Whites tenure
  • we have recently improved out facilities to make them the envy of every rugby league club and most other sporting organisations in the world
  • we make the biggest profit of any NRL club, most who only ever make losses.
  • we have the biggest crowds in the NRL, which were increasing until the NRL decided to hand us heaps of crappy Thursday night timeslots.
Paul White is going nowhere, that is of course unless he is head hunted, which is a distinct possibility.

that is not even the slightest bit factual ...

Paul White is one vote out of 7 who made this decision.

Paul White's future is staked to how successful this club is off the field ... not that hysterical over-reaction of "fans" like yourself.

and Paul White is doing his job superbly. this club is thriving off the field.

• we have the largest membership base in the NRL, which has been steadily increasing during Whites tenure
  • we have recently improved out facilities to make them the envy of every rugby league club and most other sporting organisations in the world
  • we make the biggest profit of any NRL club, most who only ever make losses.
  • we have the biggest crowds in the NRL, which were increasing until the NRL decided to hand us heaps of crappy Thursday night timeslots.
Paul White is going nowhere, that is of course unless he is head hunted, which is a distinct possibility.

Nah sorry. White was part of the decision to install Seibold as coach. So he’ll take responsibility willingly or otherwise if we absolutely suck under Seibold.

And management of the Broncos come and go. I support the club. I don’t have to blindly support the decision making of the current management to be considered a Broncos fan.

I was fine getting rid of Bennett. I always though Seibold (one year wonder) was a bad choice as successor because there was every chance he was being made to look good by a talented Souths side. In other words there was every chance he is a one year wonder.

Last edited:
In 5 years time, we'd be stuck in the same place. It was time to go. What we are blowing up about in 5 rounds now, was years under Bennett.

Mate, this season's performance so far is definitely not like it has been under Wayne since his return in 2015. We made the GF and freakishly lost at the death and every season since we made the top 6 consistently. Last season, yes we were pretty horrible and inconsistent but we haven't started a season like this year since 2010. Only in 1999 we started the season terribly with Wayne but other than that we have always been a top 4 - 6 team and consistently challenging for the premiership.

I felt we needed a change after last season but at the same time, we were sacking the greatest coach and man managers of all time. I thought it was great we signed Seibold, what he did last season was terrific, but maybe he's a 1 year wonder? Maybe he's not, but what if he is? Then what? Was it really that bad under Wayne? He made us for christ sake!

It's cause for panic mate, we are 1 win from 5 games. We look absolutely horrible. At the moment, we are the worst team in the NRL along with the Titans. We don't look like the "Broncos" and the entire team is a shambles. Last season, yeah we were bad but not like this.

Mate, this season's performance so far is definitely not like it has been under Wayne since his return in 2015. We made the GF and freakishly lost at the death and every season since we made the top 6 consistently. Last season, yes we were pretty horrible and inconsistent but we haven't started a season like this year since 2010. Only in 1999 we started the season terribly with Wayne but other than that we have always been a top 4 - 6 team and consistently challenging for the premiership.

I felt we needed a change after last season but at the same time, we were sacking the greatest coach and man managers of all time. I thought it was great we signed Seibold, what he did last season was terrific, but maybe he's a 1 year wonder? Maybe he's not, but what if he is? Then what? Was it really that bad under Wayne? He made us for christ sake!

It's cause for panic mate, we are 1 win from 5 games. We look absolutely horrible. At the moment, we are the worst team in the NRL along with the Titans. We don't look like the "Broncos" and the entire team is a shambles. Last season, yeah we were bad but not like this.

if we win our next 2 games against the Raiders and Sharks we are in exactly the same position as Bennett had us last year

What are your issues with AS, that aren't with WB? It might as well be an identical team.

if we win our next 2 games against the Raiders and Sharks we are in exactly the same position as Bennett had us last year

It's not just the position we are in on the ladder or the amount of wins, it's HOW we are playing the game. You can still play really great and lose, I'd rather that then win with the way we are playing atm and honestly, we'd be lucky to beat the Titans atm.

It goes deeper than wins or losses mate, it's the structure of the team, it's the players attitudes and confidence, it's the use of the interchange bench, it's the entire teams performance as a collective. We are a laughing stock at the moment. Great young forward pack which Seibold should be taking to the next level. The coach can clearly see we are weak in the 6, 7 and 9 but does nothing about it. Wayne at least last year tried Bird at 6.

FMD, I would hate to be in an emergency scenario with some of you guys.

What are your issues with AS, that aren't with WB? It might as well be an identical team.

Honestly, I have no issues with AS what so ever. I was happy he signed with us even though I didn't want to lose WB. That's how I felt then and I still feel like that. What has AS proven with us? Nothing, yet. Judging by how we are going atm, something has to change. Something. It's not working, the way we are playing, our tactics or lack of, everything isn't working. Is AS trying to change things? Not yet. Will he? I fucking hope so but he and the team are under pressure now. 1 from 4 isn't good enough, we aren't Parramatta and as fans, we trust AS is the guy to make us greater, not make us worse which we currently are.

Last edited:
What concerns me about Seibold is how irritated he seems to be about the criticism and negative hype about a 1-4 start.

This is the Broncos. We win games. Like how can he be surprised that criticism will fly thick and fast with such a poor start.

Guy is out of his depth and delusional.

Last edited:
What concerns me about Seibold is how irritated he seems to be about the criticism and negative hype about a 1-4 start.

This is the Broncos. We win games. Like how can he be surprised that criticism will fly thick and fast with such a poor start.

Guy is out of his depth and delusional.

how is that different to when Bennett got snappy with the media and reverted to his typical one word answers

It's not just the position we are in on the ladder or the amount of wins, it's HOW we are playing the game. You can still play really great and lose, I'd rather that then win with the way we are playing atm and honestly, we'd be lucky to beat the Titans atm.

It goes deeper than wins or losses mate, it's the structure of the team, it's the players attitudes and confidence, it's the use of the interchange bench, it's the entire teams performance as a collective. We are a laughing stock at the moment. Great young forward pack which Seibold should be taking to the next level. The coach can clearly see we are weak in the 6, 7 and 9 but does nothing about it. Wayne at least last year tried Bird at 6.

WB also dropped Ben Hunt to reserve grade for a period there. I wanted Bennett gone, I'm not gonna lie about that. I am damn sure though if he was still here the team wouldn't be playing as diabolically as they are under Seibold.

What's to say he isn't just a one season wonder who managed to inherit a talented, well drilled souths team thanks to Michael Maguire? If we were going to replace WB, it is a proven premiership winning coach we should have chosen, not another fucking rookie coach! We had that chance and let it slip and his team fucking embarrassed us last night.

This thread is not necessary. This is not Seibolds fault currently.

This guy has a roster, set up by Bennett. There currently isn't sufficient depth to replace some positions that are critical. Not even a grand chess master can swap enough players around to fix the problems currently. Add to that, the squad is young, the cap is loaded, long expensive contracts exist and we are still negotiating with a few potential players.

There is no easy solution but to make best do with current squad, which will mean results like this. While we are paying 700 to players like Boyd, 1.0m to milf, 700 Bird, 800k? to Haas and potentially negotiating with TPJ - we are literally stuck. Knock all of them down 100K and you then have a game manager Half in the squad.

The discussion could go on about what players get what, but the contracts are done and there's bugger all room to do much purchasing wise.

Bennett did better with this squad, how do you explain that?

He had 6 or 7 premierships to back it up.

so when he get's snappy with the media he is not cracking under the pressure ... but when Seibold gets snappy with the media he is cracking under the pressure ...

that right there is the definition of double standards

WB also dropped Ben Hunt to reserve grade for a period there. I wanted Bennett gone, I'm not gonna lie about that. I am damn sure though if he was still here the team wouldn't be playing as diabolically as they are under Seibold.

What's to say he isn't just a one season wonder who managed to inherit a talented, well drilled souths team thanks to Michael Maguire? If we were going to replace WB, it is a proven premiership winning coach we should have chosen, not another fucking rookie coach! We had that chance and let it slip and his team fucking embarrassed us last night.

Exactly. Wayne dropped Hunt to reserve grade, put Bird in the halves, he at least tried to mix it up and give the team something. Maybe it wasn't the right choice or wrong players, whatever, but the point is he tried. All this talk about us regressing with Wayne at the helm is nonsense, total rubbish.

Attachments

• 721C0D13-8643-492E-891E-5A1F985C7C98.png
    721C0D13-8643-492E-891E-5A1F985C7C98.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 122

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.