Seibold General Discussion

took him to wet n wild and for some ice cream and now he’s having a nap. Dad of the year.
Seibold's players went for ice cream before their nap too. Maybe you and him have something in common.

Seibold's players went for ice cream before their nap too. Maybe you and him have something in common.
We’re both terrible football coaches I know we have that in common

sorry

Last edited:
We’re both terrible football coaches I know we have that in common

sorry
I guess most of us think you aren't in a position to make that judgement, all thing considered. Hey, you may be right. Haha what **** will you do if we have a successful year next year? I guess you'll just argue that it's not for some reason.

I guess most of us think you aren't in a position to make that judgement, all thing considered. Hey, you may be right. Haha what **** will you do if we have a successful year next year? I guess you'll just argue that it's not for some reason.
I hope we do

For sanity's sake, can this argument please be taken to an appropriate thread. There's surely one or eight of them.

You genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

The timing of the news wasn't convenient for anyone, and it wasn't when we were going backwards. We've been going backwards since 2015 in almost every measurable statistic that indicates good football sides. It was a ticking time bomb, not only were we regressing every year, we were an aging roster full of overpaid players. Seibold has done his absolute best to move on as many of those below average players & bad contracts as he can, whilst re-signing the future stars of the club on reasonable contracts, and also somehow keeping us in finals contention.

I think it's admirable that we even made the finals this year with the amount of players we've had to release, on top of the shocking form of our senior playing group, and the plethora of injuries & suspensions we've had to deal with.

Do I agree with everything that Seibold does? No.

Do I think that the roster would be in a considerably worse position if Bennett had stayed? Absolutely.

I think you are stretching it a lot to make it out like it was some kind of achievement to make the finals. We were more than capable if finishing in the top 8 with the side we started out with. I couldnt agree either with you saying we had to release players. We didnt, we chose to because thats the direction the coach wanted to go in. Suspensions happen to every team ( Bennett and Seibold though need taking to task for not pulling TPJ's head in for example ). The only player under Seibs i'd say had to go was Roberts. Injuries i'm not too sure if they really bothered us to that extent, but totally agree with the form of our senior guys, nowhere near good enough.

How would our roster be in worse shape under Bennett? I think he would have got more out of this group than Seibs quite honestly, and i'm fairly sure i could pick a side from our 2018 squad that would have beaten this 2019 squad.

Seibs has a clean slate for me now. This year is done, and we need to see how he goes next year. I'm just a bit concerned this year we have got our retention all wrong.

You genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

The timing of the news wasn't convenient for anyone, and it wasn't when we were going backwards. We've been going backwards since 2015 in almost every measurable statistic that indicates good football sides. It was a ticking time bomb, not only were we regressing every year, we were an aging roster full of overpaid players. Seibold has done his absolute best to move on as many of those below average players & bad contracts as he can, whilst re-signing the future stars of the club on reasonable contracts, and also somehow keeping us in finals contention.

I think it's admirable that we even made the finals this year with the amount of players we've had to release, on top of the shocking form of our senior playing group, and the plethora of injuries & suspensions we've had to deal with.

Do I agree with everything that Seibold does? No.

Do I think that the roster would be in a considerably worse position if Bennett had stayed? Absolutely.

You think we’d be worse off under Bennett and you have the audacity to say I don’t know what I’m talking about? Fmd surely this is a stitch up.

Can't we just agree that both of them suck at this point? Bennett got worse. Still passable but not good enough for the Brisbane Broncos, did a lot of great things and a lot of bad. Seibold has yet to do anything at all, taking us even further backwards than Bennett did. @broncsgoat is only trolling because the same things are being repeated in each thread, then he doubles down because he's arguing with 15 people at once.

There's nothing new being said about Bennett's time at the Broncos, so none of the hilarious jokes and insults are worth saying anymore. There is also literally no comparison between the two. Nobody cares anymore guys.

You think we’d be worse off under Bennett and you have the audacity to say I don’t know what I’m talking about? Fmd surely this is a stitch up.

I'm not sure Bennett was the answer either, but i do wonder if we wouldnt have been better keeping him and clearing the decks under his watch.

It's like Cult has been living in a monastery for 6 months and has come back all enlightened and peaceful and shit.

Can't we just agree that both of them suck at this point? Bennett got worse. Still passable but not good enough for the Brisbane Broncos, did a lot of great things and a lot of bad. Seibold has yet to do anything at all, taking us even further backwards than Bennett did. @broncsgoat is only trolling because the same things are being repeated in each thread, then he doubles down because he's arguing with 15 people at once.

There's nothing new being said about Bennett's time at the Broncos, so none of the hilarious jokes and insults are worth saying anymore. There is also literally no comparison between the two. Nobody cares anymore guys.
Antagonistic - sure
Troll - never

just because I have an opposing view to the majority doesn’t mean I’m a troll.

Antagonistic - sure
Troll - never

just because I have an opposing view to the majority doesn’t mean I’m a troll.
Intentionally antagonising people on the internet is basically trolling, man. I didn't mean it as an insult. I just think it's getting old. This argument went for over 5 pages and it's just dumb. People don't change their opinions on the internet, no matter how hard you try.

Intentionally antagonising people on the internet is basically trolling, man. I didn't mean it as an insult. I just think it's getting old. This argument went for over 5 pages and it's just dumb. People don't change their opinions on the internet, no matter how hard you try.

that’s not entirely true.
At the start of the season I was all over seibold and everyone thought he was the messiah. Slowly but surely people started to see it. But yeah, I didn’t think calling him a potato would descend into this.

I never said we'd be worse off under Bennett, I said our roster would be in a worse place. I have no doubt we wouldve won a few extra games under Bennett. However we would almost assuredly still have Nikorima, Roberts, Su'A and Kahu on the roster, which means no extensions for the likes of TPJ, Carrigan, Ofahengaue, etc.

Give me a few extra losses any day of the week over holding on to dead weight because the old boy doesn't want to admit the mistakes he made signing them to their current contracts. If Seibold somehow manages to move on any of Boyd, McCullough or Gillett this off-season it will be immediately considered a great off-season, that's how shocking those extensions by Bennett were.

I never said we'd be worse off under Bennett, I said our roster would be in a worse place. I have no doubt we wouldve won a few extra games under Bennett. However we would almost assuredly still have Nikorima, Roberts, Su'A and Kahu on the roster, which means no extensions for the likes of TPJ, Carrigan, Ofahengaue, etc.

Give me a few extra losses any day of the week over holding on to dead weight because the old boy doesn't want to admit the mistakes he made signing them to their current contracts. If Seibold somehow manages to move on any of Boyd, McCullough or Gillett this off-season it will be immediately considered a great off-season, that's how shocking those extensions by Bennett were.

Pats contract was virtually tied up while Bennett was here. I think we could have managed comfortably without Joffa and TPJ at the prices we kept them on at. TPJ despite his talent is a liability.

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.