Seibold General Discussion

I agree we have lost experience, but even taking that into consideration we still aren't a side who should be 2 from 6. We still have plenty of experience here as well tbf.
We should be 4 and 4 basically. If Isaako doesn't drop the ball over the line we beat the Dragons and if our team knew how to set up for a field goal when you have a 6 tackle set starting from the half way line, we beat the Tigers.

It wouldn't change the fact that we are outclassed by the likes of Melbourne, Sydney and Souths, but it would certainly relieve some of the pressure on Seibs.

I agree we have lost experience, but even taking that into consideration we still aren't a side who should be 2 from 6. We still have plenty of experience here as well tbf.
Perhaps that experience might have got us over the line in a couple of those games that we lost by a couple of point's ?

We'd be sitting a lot better on the ladder now if a couple of better decisions were made in those games.

Perhaps that experience might have got us over the line in a couple of those games that we lost by a couple of point's ?

We'd be sitting a lot better on the ladder now if a couple of better decisions were made in those games.

I don't think it would tbh, especially in the tigers game. Experienced players stuffed that one up. In fact, the younger guys are the least of our issues really.

ok, so thinking on this a bit more, what we are seeing is definitely the transition from the 'Bennett' style ad lib, individual brilliance, low structure type gameplan that we have known since 1988 to the 'Bellamy/Maguire' highly structure and technical style of play.

This is a massive change of structure for the club and the players, the short answer is......................this is going to take time for the roster and players to evolve and adapt too, in fact if Souths are an indicator it could take up to five seasons to really produce results, we are moving away from the only style of football that we've ever known.

Souths (and Wayne) are now seeing the benefits of what Maguire started and what Seibs contributed to, Wayne has done very little at Souths, they are still playing to the structures they've built upon since Maguire.

Strap yourselves in boys, this is going to be rough year, we are transitioning everything, our recruitment, roster and style of play.

We are starting from scratch with a fresh young squad in the hope we can mold them into a team from which we can reap the benefits in 3 to 5 years.

How is it? We went from the grand final to 2nd week of the finals to destroyed in the first round of the finals. Without even looking at the performances and other factors (something that you routinely also do not do) that is clearly going backwards.

I dunno mate I just feel the rhetoric around us going backwards is greatly exaggerated. Sure up and down, we were the second best team in 17, and put in a shocker v the dragons last year, but that one game is being used to define Bennetts tenure at the club. It's bullshit.

ok, so thinking on this a bit more, what we are seeing is definitely the transition from the 'Bennett' style ad lib, individual brilliance, low structure type gameplan that we have known since 1988 to the 'Bellamy/Maguire' highly structure and technical style of play.

This is a massive change of structure for the club and the players, the short answer is......................this is going to take time for the roster and players to evolve and adapt too, in fact if Souths are an indicator it could take up to five seasons to really produce results, we are moving away from the only style of football that we've ever known.

Souths (and Wayne) are now seeing the benefits of what Maguire started and what Seibs contributed to, Wayne has done very little at Souths, they are still playing to the structures they've built upon since Maguire.

Strap yourselves in boys, this is going to be rough year, we are transitioning everything, our recruitment, roster and style of play.

We are starting from scratch with a fresh young squad in the hope we can mold them into a team from which we can reap the benefits in 3 to 5 years.

This is exactly right.

Personally I am happy to wait for success knowing that it will be actual sustainable improvement. Added bonus is that this next year or so will suit out the real fans of the team from the fans of winning, which is exciting.

At this point in time, Siebs has not impressed, there is no getting around that. His bench use in particular has been absolutely appalling.

That said, he is starting to show he isn’t afraid to make some big decisions and that I like. I’m willing to give him two years before writing him off.

He is also hamstring by some of the head scratching retention and recruitment decisions that were made prior to him coming and that really isn’t his fault, he has to try and work as best he can around that and he looks like he is at least starting to.

59051860_839882349678788_4934957254630703104_n.jpg

Just a couple of concerns for now

1/ Ive struggled to understand his logic behind in-game rotations. Carrigan and Fifita as an example made their first appearance with 27ish minutes left in the game

2/ Whilst I appreciate it’s a completely new system, in hindsight he probably should have introduced it slower rather than all at once.

Other than that, he’s been prepared to make at least one big call.

This is exactly right.

Personally I am happy to wait for success knowing that it will be actual sustainable improvement. Added bonus is that this next year or so will suit out the real fans of the team from the fans of winning, which is exciting.
What guarantees do we have that success will actually come in the future?

The thing is, this squad scraped into the 8 last season and people will deem the season to be a success because thats the so called minimum for this club. What it doesn’t show is that the attitude has been terrible for a long time and was trending downwards. For me it all finally self destructed when the dragons flogged us in the finals last year. The squad hasn’t changed much at all and those mental scars are now on full show. If Bennett was here it’d be the same results. Some of these players are cooked and seibold really walked into a shit show at the worst possible time.

They were having a crack last year for wayne and it showed. A lot of the players at the moment are giving up mid game which is the biggest worry. I can accept just not being good enough but when they just plain give up mid game, that’s not acceptable regardless of any circumstance. This is the third time now we have been flogged convincingly albeit by the top teams but we beat these guys twice last year as well as the roosters. Oh and we can get rid of as many players as we want but who the **** is on the market currently worth throwing decent money to get here. It shits me to tears that when we see a weakness we don’t go to the market and buy the best player like the roosters do to fill the gap. We would rather pay overs for overhyped juniors who won’t do anything of real substance in the nrl until their next contract is up

To compare with Bellamy in his formative years with arguably a lesser squad than ours, they finished 5th in his first year (2003), 6th in his 2nd and 3rd. So it didn't take him too long to put his stamp on the squad.

Seibold has had 6 months with the squad already, I'm sick of seeing the same rhetoric about how long it's going to take to undo old methods. How long is enough to implement his methods? 12 months? 24 months? it smacks of 5 year bullshit and an acceptance of mediocrity. Have we become the new Parra?

To compare with Bellamy in his formative years with arguably a lesser squad than ours, they finished 5th in his first year (2003), 6th in his 2nd and 3rd. So it didn't take him too long to put his stamp on the squad.

Seibold has had 6 months with the squad already, I'm sick of seeing the same rhetoric about how long it's going to take to undo old methods. How long is enough to implement his methods? 12 months? 24 months? it smacks of 5 year bullshit and an acceptance of mediocrity. Have we become the new Parra?

This soo much. It seems that seibold will be given a free pass for the first 2 years like Nathan Brown when reality is, you are based on results when coaching in first grade not it’s all good we will get them in three years time shit

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • DrGee
  • broncs30
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.