Seibold General Discussion

He ran for 55m on Thursday. He’s run under 100 in the majority of the games that he’s been back there. It’s not good enough for a modern day fullback.
Yep , would like to see isaako have a crack at 1 under seibold.

Exactly, this current injury toll doesn't even compare to what the Broncos had to face in years like 2010, 2007 and 2001. Even when the side was close to full strength, they rarely delivered on the field. The only win worth crowing about was against the Roosters, but maybe it shouldn't count becuase they were missing Jake Friend, Boyd Cordner, Daniel Tupou, Brett Morris and lost Taukeiaho in the second half.

There's deeper issues at the club and no, Seibold isn't entirely to blame for the make-up of the roster.
Why shouldn’t the roosters win count?
It’s not like injuries have any impact on how a team performs.. Geez..

You got any clue what those deeper issues might be, just from a speculatory place?

I wasn't referring to any conspiracies or anything too cryptic, just the state of the roster.

Obviously the way Seibold's appointment was handled wasn't ideal and has helped shaped how this season is going, but I wasn't alluding to that.

Why shouldn’t the roosters win count?
It’s not like injuries have any impact on how a team performs.. Geez..

Of course it counts, I was just making light of how silly it is to place so much blame on injuries, especially when there are more pressing matters.

This place at times is very strange. Nikorema couldn't organise a chook raffle. This place wanted him moved to super sub position and thats exactly what Siebs attempted to do.

The call for Milf to fullback was constant now it's get him back to 5/8.

We wanted somebody to apply heat to Macca, well we have 2 players doing just that.

Its not just the injuries in our halfs that has us playing ugly its that our spine is essentially broken with Boyd in it offering nothing and to a smaller degree Macca.

Milf can't go back to 5/8 as with Boyd at the back Milf is just an easier target. As he does not get involved there either.

Seibs isn't going anywhere anytime in the next 3 years so stop pulling yourselfs. Seibs can't and wont be judged off one or even two years. He has to secure talent for the next three + years and change/develop their footy minds over the next two years.

Anyone with any football brains without an agenda didn't think we were top four team. The media hyped the team to sink the boot in.

The reality was and is that the Broncos are three years away and if anyone doubts that the Board didn't know that when they hired Seibs they are kidding. Its exactly why they hired him and moved Wayne on. They believed Wayne didn't have the time left in the game to get this team right.

The mediocrity at the Broncos has been ongoing for more than a decade. The Hook era was pathetic. The new Wayne era apart from 15 was nothing. We got boring and predictable. Our young players got 10 minute stints at the end of games and our defencive intensity never improved because we lacked fitness. Fat bird fat milf lazy Roberts. That for sure has changed.

This team if it can stay together for three years has the potential to win a GF it was never this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BroncosHQ mobile app

This place at times is very strange. Nikorema couldn't organise a chook raffle. This place wanted him moved to super sub position and thats exactly what Siebs attempted to do.

The call for Milf to fullback was constant now it's get him back to 5/8.

We wanted somebody to apply heat to Macca, well we have 2 players doing just that.

Its not just the injuries in our halfs that has us playing ugly its that our spine is essentially broken with Boyd in it offering nothing and to a smaller degree Macca.

Milf can't go back to 5/8 as with Boyd at the back Milf is just an easier target. As he does not get involved there either.

Seibs isn't going anywhere anytime in the next 3 years so stop pulling yourselfs. Seibs can't and wont be judged off one or even two years. He has to secure talent for the next three + years and change/develop their footy minds over the next two years.

Anyone with any football brains without an agenda didn't think we were top four team. The media hyped the team to sink the boot in.

The reality was and is that the Broncos are three years away and if anyone doubts that the Board didn't know that when they hired Seibs they are kidding. Its exactly why they hired him and moved Wayne on. They believed Wayne didn't have the time left in the game to get this team right.

The mediocrity at the Broncos has been ongoing for more than a decade. The Hook era was pathetic. The new Wayne era apart from 15 was nothing. We got boring and predictable. Our young players got 10 minute stints at the end of games and our defencive intensity never improved because we lacked fitness. Fat bird fat milf lazy Roberts. That for sure has changed.

This team if it can stay together for three years has the potential to win a GF it was never this year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BroncosHQ mobile app

The sooner Boyd is moved on the sooner things get better.

They only count when it matches what I'm saying***
Yeah, and ignoring the young and inexperienced team part also comes in pretty handy, especially when comparing with teams that had injuries to key players, but were still able to put very experienced teams on the park.

Also love the vaguely mythical "more pressing matters" Seibold needs to address.
I wonder whether we're using the wrong washing powder or liquid for the players jerseys, or maybe the socks are made of the wrong material...? Pressing matters indeed.

Yeah, and ignoring the young and inexperienced team part also comes in pretty handy, especially when comparing with teams that had injuries to key players, but were still able to put very experienced teams on the park.

Also love the vaguely mythical "more pressing matters" Seibold needs to address.
I wonder whether we're using the wrong washing powder or liquid for the players jerseys, or maybe the socks are made of the wrong material...? Pressing matters indeed.

I didn't ignore anything, all I've said is that there are bigger issues facing this side than injuries. When I say there are deeper issues or there's more pressing matters, I'm covering a lot of ground and a lot of them have been addressed in this thread.

Seibs has inherited a roster that Wayne was able to do nothing with, in all honesty.
We won't do anything this year, but what Seibs has done is exactly what he was hired to do - come in and make changes.
Niko was no 6.
Milf is no half.
Darius is no 1.
Macca is done as a 9.
Notice anything? That is our entire spine.

Wayne chose not to change anything with the spine (from an outsider looking in,) and made it pretty clear (when the halves were continually not firing,) that nothing was going to change in the key positions. Don't forget Boyd and Macca were also rubbish last year.
The club wanted change, and that is exactly what Seibs was hired to do
That is exactly what Seibs is doing.
Change takes time, we haven't had success since 2006. With the inherited squad that Seibs has, it is/was always going to take time to remove the players he did not think were working in those positions.
Take all that into account, and also the salary cap. We have massive dollar$ wrapped up in Milf, Boyd and Bird. None of these players currently deserve what they're reportably being paid.
Don't get me wrong, Wayne did some good things in signing Haas, bringing TPJ & Lodge into this squad, but things with our key players needed to change.
Seibs has had to blood a lot of young blokes this year, also factor in Dearden being injured for the last couple of months, Bird's injury and Gillo's injury + suspensions to Haas, Lodge, TPJ and Fleggs. There has been no consistent 17 week at all this year.
We have a Hooker and a grandpa in the halves, because choices 1 & 2 are both injured.
I believe we are heading in the right direction. I don't think any coach, including Bellamy would have been able to do anything with this squad this year.

We are building for the future, It is as simple as that for mine.

Seibs has inherited a roster that Wayne was able to do nothing with, in all honesty.
We won't do anything this year, but what Seibs has done is exactly what he was hired to do - come in and make changes.
Niko was no 6.
Milf is no half.
Darius is no 1.
Macca is done as a 9.
Notice anything? That is our entire spine.

Wayne chose not to change anything with the spine (from an outsider looking in,) and made it pretty clear (when the halves were continually not firing,) that nothing was going to change in the key positions. Don't forget Boyd and Macca were also rubbish last year.
The club wanted change, and that is exactly what Seibs was hired to do
That is exactly what Seibs is doing.
Change takes time, we haven't had success since 2006. With the inherited squad that Seibs has, it is/was always going to take time to remove the players he did not think were working in those positions.
Take all that into account, and also the salary cap. We have massive dollar$ wrapped up in Milf, Boyd and Bird. None of these players currently deserve what they're reportably being paid.
Don't get me wrong, Wayne did some good things in signing Haas, bringing TPJ & Lodge into this squad, but things with our key players needed to change.
Seibs has had to blood a lot of young blokes this year, also factor in Dearden being injured for the last couple of months, Bird's injury and Gillo's injury + suspensions to Haas, Lodge, TPJ and Fleggs. There has been no consistent 17 week at all this year.
We have a Hooker and a grandpa in the halves, because choices 1 & 2 are both injured.
I believe we are heading in the right direction. I don't think any coach, including Bellamy would have been able to do anything with this squad this year.

We are building for the future, It is as simple as that for mine.
Plenty of flaws there mate. Most clubs would take being in the finals and a GF some sort of success. Niko is a 6 , maybe not the best but is a 6 with the warriors none the less. You're kinda right about Darius he won fullback of the year in 2010 , but form wise is definitely struggling. So the question to that is if he isn't a 1 why the **** put him at 6??
I'm over this bullshit about seibold dealing with the team Wayne put together, seibold has put some peices to his side by letting people go and bringing some in. He's also chosen to keep certain players in certain positions, so he needs to accept the results he is getting. And I guarantee Bellamy would've done better.

Plenty of flaws there mate. Most clubs would take being in the finals and a GF some sort of success. Niko is a 6 , maybe not the best but is a 6 with the warriors none the less. You're kinda right about Darius he won fullback of the year in 2010 , but form wise is definitely struggling. So the question to that is if he isn't a 1 why the **** put him at 6??
I'm over this bullshit about seibold dealing with the team Wayne put together, seibold has put some peices to his side by letting people go and bringing some in. He's also chosen to keep certain players in certain positions, so he needs to accept the results he is getting. And I guarantee Bellamy would've done better.
'15 was a long time ago. We were getting shitter every year under him. He even admitted he didn't teach us any attack in '15. He told us the aim was for a premiership in '17, he was dead wrong. He had his chance, moving on from him was the right choice.

I think Darius is in this side purely because there are no older heads other then himself, macca and Glenn, chuck into the factor that he is the captain.
I never said Bellamy wouldn’t have done any better, he would have, no doubt, but I still don’t believe that we would have competed with the likes of the top teams this year.
It’s not a dig at Wayne, it’s more about taking a broader more complete look, of what is actually going on.
As for niko not being a half, that’s my opinion. Look at the warriors without him on Friday. I think he is a 14 or possibly a 9.
I don’t agree with all seibs’ selections, but in some instances I think his hands are kind of tied.
If macca and Boyd were both dropped from this squad, I think there would be large blacklash from the playing group. There is no doubt that Boyd and Macca are well loved and respected by their team mates. I think to some degree, seibs probably feels as though the large changes to the key positions, the players that he has agreed to release and all the young blood he has had to blood are probably about as much as any squad could handle in one season.
I do recall reading something that as soon as the swap happened - between the two coaches, the hierarchy at Brisbane knew that this would be a rebuild year. From memory they didn’t seem too worried about not going deep into the finals purely because seibs was building for the future.
I think next year we will find truely how this squad is going to perform. With a bit of luck Darius and the club will work out a position for him outside of the 17

And I guarantee Bellamy would've done better.
This is really interesting and I would have loved to see how this would have panned out. Not sure how Bellamy would have handled things if he was in a similar position but would love to see how he would handle the whole Boyd/Macca issues.

'15 was a long time ago. We were getting shitter every year under him. He even admitted he didn't teach us any attack in '15. He told us the aim was for a premiership in '17, he was dead wrong. He had his chance, moving on from him was the right choice.
Never said it wasn't, like I said we need to move on from the Bennett v seibold. It's all seibold now , so let's concentrate on that.

I think Darius is in this side purely because there are no older heads other then himself, macca and Glenn, chuck into the factor that he is the captain.
I never said Bellamy wouldn’t have done any better, he would have, no doubt, but I still don’t believe that we would have competed with the likes of the top teams this year.
It’s not a dig at Wayne, it’s more about taking a broader more complete look, of what is actually going on.
As for niko not being a half, that’s my opinion. Look at the warriors without him on Friday. I think he is a 14 or possibly a 9.
I don’t agree with all seibs’ selections, but in some instances I think his hands are kind of tied.
If macca and Boyd were both dropped from this squad, I think there would be large blacklash from the playing group. There is no doubt that Boyd and Macca are well loved and respected by their team mates. I think to some degree, seibs probably feels as though the large changes to the key positions, the players that he has agreed to release and all the young blood he has had to blood are probably about as much as any squad could handle in one season.
I do recall reading something that as soon as the swap happened - between the two coaches, the hierarchy at Brisbane knew that this would be a rebuild year. From memory they didn’t seem too worried about not going deep into the finals purely because seibs was building for the future.
I think next year we will find truely how this squad is going to perform. With a bit of luck Darius and the club will work out a position for him outside of the 17

What’s the point of having darius’ old head around? 1 run for 1 metre. What a great example he’s showing the youngsters. He’s a has been that will not improve in the slightest from here on. Let the poor guy go. He’s in agony and dragging the whole club down with him.

I still think he can do better, macca is a way better option in the halves.
I've mentioned multiple times that this is a rebuild year, but after round 21 we still look like we haven't a clue. I've also mentioned that I am happy to give him the following season, but if we fail we I have major problems.

This part of your post is fucking hilarious. Pretty much everyone on this board had us finishing top 4

And to say the media did it out of spite just to stick it to us is laughable.

Ive said it ad nauseum but we won 60% of games, beat 3 of the top 4 twice and finished one win from the minor premiers. seibs was meant to improve us which is what caused the optimism on here and in the media. Instead, we went backwards and it is being spun into a rebuild being necessary which is just fucking ridiculous.

FWIW that ‘17 prediction was at the start of 15’. How was he to know we’d go so close that same year and our half back would develop a mental issue due to bottling the premiership in that year?

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncoFan94
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.