-NEWS- Seibold is already changing the Broncos

JAHHW

NRL Player
As far as I'm concerned; who cares if its fluff, undeniable hard-fact or something in between?
It's much better than reading, day after day, about Matt Lodge's NYC rampage, the Broncos going after Bellamy, Green or every coach / player possibly available or the untenable coaching circus.
Seriously, most of that dribble was vomit inducing.

Finally, the club isn't being dragged through the mud multiple times a day - that's something to be happy about.
As fans, we support the Broncos, so as much as a lot of us don't want to admit it, every time there is a Broncos related article, most of us want to read it.
Finally, those articles are positive instead of negative - I reckon that's something to get excited about.

FTR - Bennett has been a great coach, his record suggests the best ever. But I believe he's past it. There's absolutely a strong chance he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think that was happening whilst he remained at the Broncos.
Also, rightly or wrongly, it's pretty safe to say that Bennett has been a big reason behind the media driven agenda against this club (although galvanising, inspiring and great at the time, the "You will not divide us" episode is a great example of this). Hopefully now we can rid ourselves of the massive hatred some of the media had against Bennett on a personal level and start afresh.
That's probably a bit naive, as I am sure they'll return to slamming us when the honeymoon is over, but let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm excited about seeing what the future holds with some fresh ideas, processes and tactics and am right behind the club, the coach and the fortitude they've shown to make this massive change.
Bring on 2019!

Last edited:

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Every new coach has to start from somewhere.
We were stale under WB. What I have seen from AS last season at the Bunnies and during his first week at the Broncos excites me and gives me more hope of success.
Fair enough, give him a 3 year contract then.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
When the old school coach with 500+ wins can't get you the premiership, maybe it is time to time to take a punt on the young rookie coach with a modern approach to the game
We know Bennett can win a premiership as he’s done it 7 times.

We know seibold can reach a prelim.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff

actually, we know Bennett USED to be able to win premierships ... he hasn't won one in a decade ... and he can't keep his job because of his reputation and what he used to be able to do ... we wouldn't accept that from a player, why should we accept that from our coach

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Does the media and the NRL hate Bennett enough to hand Seibold a premiership his first year at the club? Who has the most enthralling fairy tale this year? Because that’s all that matters when it comes to coaching.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
Does the media and the NRL hate Bennett enough to hand Seibold a premiership his first year at the club? Who has the most enthralling fairy tale this year? Because that’s all that matters when it comes to coaching.
Buzz hates Wayne enough to talk us up (never thought I'd see the day), so I'd say it's a real possibility.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
I thought spwn was talking about how those articles, while factual, make out that small changes like turning the radio on is some massive cultural shift. And the whistle, well the whistle just confirms it.

It's not that the changes aren't fact. It's that they're not a big deal and they're being made out to be.
And that’s where I disagree, I believe these are big deals. Using music in training is completely different to what we have been doing and has been proven to have big effects in spot. Moving the awards to a day where the whole club attends, pushing an organisational holistic approach is a big change. The fact that are reported is reporting this positively is neither here nor there and doesn’t make it fluff PR.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
At that’s where I disagree, I believe these are big deals. Using music in training is completely different to what we have been doing and has been proven to have big effects in spot. Moving the awards to a day where the whole club attends, pushing an organisational holistic approach is a big change. The fact that are reported is reporting this positively is neither here nor there and doesn’t make it fluff PR.
Agree to diagree then, I think it's all a load of fluff.

I also think whoever decided to start using the word fluff should be stoned.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Seems like being negative for the sake of being negative to me.

Why would you shoot all this down so much? I get the fake PR stuff, but these things are tangible. I agree even crap coaches get fake PR but that is usually shit like "oh yeah, toughest pre-season ever" "the lads are all buying in" etc. etc. These are tangible, cultural changes he is making, disagree as to whether they are good changes but claiming that it is fake PR just smacks of being bitter that Bennett got the arse.
I'm not cheering for Siebold or his methods. I'm not against them or down on them either. I just think time isthe judge and I'll start raving about AS after he proves his methods prove successful. Two premierships should be evidence enough.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
actually, we know Bennett USED to be able to win premierships ... he hasn't won one in a decade ... and he can't keep his job because of his reputation and what he used to be able to do ... we wouldn't accept that from a player, why should we accept that from our coach
2018-2010 =

Morepudding

NRL Player
With all the Bennett has won 7 premierships talk. Past performance isn't an indicator of future performance.

Too many people get by on their past. That goes for players and coaches.

Seibold is definitely a better option for us moving forward because we needed a change. Whether or not we will be succesesful under him or not, only time will tell. But we need to move on from Bennett. Honestly we should never have gotten him back. We made a huge mistake the first time he left using coaches with no experience etc. Who also came from our system. Change is good.

Caniffe

NRL Player
They're stable until they miss the finals again or bomb out in Week 1, and then the knives will be out.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
I'm not cheering for Siebold or his methods. I'm not against them or down on them either. I just think time isthe judge and I'll start raving about AS after he proves his methods prove successful. Two premierships should be evidence enough.
FFS no one is fucking raving about him, simply commenting on what he is currently doing.

Honestly, I give up.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane

Dexter

State of Origin Rep

I liked Wayne but I also thought it was time to move on and it made sense to me to do a straight swap which I posted in August.

WB won a GF in 2010 with a squad he inherited / tweaked. The previous GF win in 2006 was when the cap was different and our squad was practically the Qld side.

The point being since 2006 he hasn't put together a squad which has gone all the way. He doesn't seem to be able to manage the cap that well, IMO, which is bolstered by his recent commitments to Macca, Bird and Boyd and inability to sign a half.

Reactions: Gaz

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
McGuire with what looks like a little backhand directed at the club..

"It had nothing to do with me. I was out of there before everything went down. It's just great to be part of a club [at the Cowboys] that is so stable … and knows what they are working towards.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/07/north-queensland-cowboys-recruit-josh-mcguire-says-move-north-will-prolong-his-career/
Once a rat always a rat. I thought he left because he wanted the coin. I’m glad he’s gone because frankly, he’s mediocre af. I never understood the hype around him.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Once a rat always a rat. I thought he left because he wanted the coin. I’m glad he’s gone because frankly, he’s mediocre af. I never understood the hype around him.
He got made a good offer, but Seibold sanctioned the move. He would have been stupid to turn it down anyway.

Tbf to moose, he isn't wrong. We weren't stable.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter