Badel Warning Seibold: leave Darius alone

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
You can't seriously think trying to undermine him and pressure him through the media would be acceptable. That would be a dirty, underhanded thing to do and very distasteful. I firmly believe you deal with things in an up front manner so everyone know's where they stand. No need to conduct yourself any other way.

If there have been conversations behind closed doors about Boyd behind closed doors and he is digging his heels in as you say, then the coach drops him. If he doesn't, that's 100% on Seibs. I doubt Boyd has the power to keep himself in the team if the coach thinks otherwise.

As I have said before, I know Seibs sets markers for every player and that determines where they sit on his depth chart. If Boyd wasn't meeting them, he would get dropped. That's probably why he doesn't think he is as out of form as he is, because the coach and others I'd guess are telling him otherwise.
Doesn't Wayne Bennett in fact have a history of doing exactly this?

Tom

State of Origin Rep
It's not crap, would you sacrifice 700k a year that you could help out your family with? I really don't believe anyone would and I wouldn't blame them. Family comes first. For your argument to stand up he would have to be deliberately playing sub standard and I don't think he is, he just isn't as good as he used to be. As fans, I think we can get a bit too emotional about it and take it more personally than it actually should be.

All the Broncos can do is drop him if his form isn't what the coach is looking for and take it from there really.
Yeah well I would blame him, considering the circumstances of his employment. Either put in or fuckoff, anything else is disrespectful.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Doesn't Wayne Bennett in fact have a history of doing exactly this?
I don't think he does. He manipulates the press but if you are on the outer with him the player generally knows it.
- Merged

Yeah well I would blame him, considering the circumstances of his employment. Either put in or fuckoff, anything else is disrespectful.
I don't blame him at all. There is no way on earth you would give up a 700k a year contract even if you werent playing up to scratch, especially if the coach kept picking you.

Like I've said all year, I don't think he isn't trying, I think he is finished as a fullback, and I don't think he is a 5/8th, and his performances have pretty much shown it. His Body has probably let him down now. While the coach keeps picking him though, he probably still thinks he has something to offer, so I believe if we want him to call it a day, Seibs will have to drop him.

Last edited:

Gaz

NRL Player
This will never be put to bed until he either puts in or fucks off. I’m not sure if he is capable anymore of the former.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
He's already vastly wealthy from a great career. To carry on is both greedy and detrimental to his legacy.
Being wealthy isn't a crime. It's not greedy at all. Its setting up his kids for the future. Only his form is detrimental to his legacy.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Being wealthy isn't a crime. It's not greedy at all. Its setting up his kids for the future. Only his form is detrimental to his legacy.
Mate at some point it's greedy. Good luck to his kids.
- Merged

Only his form is detrimental to his legacy.
Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Morepudding

NRL Player
Thank god for Isaako and Milford. Can Boyd please **** off forever.7
- Merged

No surprise they score from a huge fucking lapse by SHibasaki. **** is mud and is only in the team so theres someone as bad as boyd.

Last edited:

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
It's funny that people are making such a huge deal about something Seibold probably doesn't even remember saying. He deflected criticism of Boyd and turned it into an attack on the media. I doubt he thinks Keary is a worse player than Boyd and I'm sure he has more important things to focus on than just Boyd's stats from last week.
Are you surprised? When you consider the absolutely irrational responses on here to Darius Boyd's comment concerning mental health and fan abuse it's par for the course for some. I don't understand why so many people think they have a special gift. This gift allows them to peer inside someones brain and 'know with absolute clarity' what everyone else truly thinks and intended. It's only a game.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Are you surprised? When you consider the absolutely irrational responses on here to Darius Boyd's comment concerning mental health and fan abuse it's par for the course for some. I don't understand why so many people think they have a special gift. This gift allows them to peer inside someones brain and 'know with absolute clarity' what everyone else truly thinks and intended. It's only a game.
Famous people Quotes: DARIUS BOYD - IT'S ONLY A GAME (2019).

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I'd be more inclined to blame the coach and or the club. If he aint up to scratch, then he should be dropped. It shouldn't be Boyd's responsibility to decide when he's had/got enough money or first grade time.

If Bennett can do it to Wally Lewis.......surely Seibold can do it to Darius Boyd.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
In what world has Boyd been a good servant? The only person at the club who has ever liked him is Bennett, and even he doesn't want to be near him anymore. I think the bigger issue is that Boyd, unlike other players, doesn't use any social media or read any news... This is probably why he is so oblivious to how bad he is. Other players have a bad game, read about it and come fired up the next week. He is so uninformed about anything going on in the world, I don't think he knows what is expected of a starting 6...
That's a pretty big claim to make about someone you don't actually know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter