NEWS Seibold: leave Darius alone

I don't agree at all you have to be underhanded about it. Just tell the bloke. It's not his fault he has another year plus an option in his favour. You can't go around shitting on players under contract or nobody will want to play for you. The majority of players respect honesty even if it costs them sometimes.
Assuming he has been told, and refuses to move? Start an internal civil war - hell no. You let others do it for you.

Lets see how he turns up tonight!

Assuming he has been told, and refuses to move? Start an internal civil war - hell no. You let others do it for you.

Lets see how he turns up tonight!

There would be more of a civil war if they shit on him. It will become obvious if it's done via the media who is pulling the strings. He is very popular with the other guys, and it will impact the playing group a lot.

I don't get why you think anyone with a legally binding contract has to agree to move anywhere. Why should he give up his money? I certainly wouldn't and I think anyone on here who says they would sacrifice a lucrative contract would be a liar. Still doesn't mean we can't drop him though.

On the face of it, it's just a coach relieving pressure on a player that's under the pump. Nothing wrong with that. I guess because we all want Seibold to come out and say he's been shit (which we all know), when he comes out with this stuff it's like a moving flag to a bull (even though we all know you can't publicly hang players out).
He didn't relieve any pressure on Boyd: he reminded everyone how shit his stats were last weekend.

I don't get why you think anyone with a legally binding contract has to agree to move anywhere. Why should he give up his money? I certainly wouldn't and I think anyone on here who says they would sacrifice a lucrative contract would be a liar. Still doesn't mean we can't drop him though.

There in lies the issue. Hes not playing up to spec, appears cooked and is taking up 700k.

We will go in circles about this all day i think.

I don't get why you think anyone with a legally binding contract has to agree to move anywhere. Why should he give up his money? I certainly wouldn't and I think anyone on here who says they would sacrifice a lucrative contract would be a liar.
Absolute crap mate. He can either see what everyone else sees and do the right thing by the club and fans he supposedly respects or he can continue to shit all over them......

I can already see what you just said being his next argument though.

There in lies the issue. Hes not playing up to spec, appears cooked and is taking up 700k.

We will go in circles about this all day i think.

Nothing to go in circles about. I think it's really simple. If he performs, pick him, if he doesn't, drop him.

His contract has no relevance on his performance. If he doesn't perform, the coach should be strong enough to drop him. We can't change that he has a lucrative contract now, so we just have to live with it.

So that bulldust about the board tying the coaches hand in regards to certain
team selections was all a big lie.

Seibold's assistant coach is Darius Boyd, thats the truth from all this nonesense.
He's probably keeping Darius around to pick his thoughts on what 'Wayne' would have done. If that's the case, we just hired the biggest fraud for the next 5 years.
This wins the internet for the moronic post of the year. Well done, big effort that one.

Absolute crap mate. He can either see what everyone else sees and do the right thing by the club and fans he supposedly respects or he can continue to shit all over them......

I can already see what you just said being his next argument though.

It's not crap, would you sacrifice 700k a year that you could help out your family with? I really don't believe anyone would and I wouldn't blame them. Family comes first. For your argument to stand up he would have to be deliberately playing sub standard and I don't think he is, he just isn't as good as he used to be. As fans, I think we can get a bit too emotional about it and take it more personally than it actually should be.

All the Broncos can do is drop him if his form isn't what the coach is looking for and take it from there really.

The problem with Darius is not Darius it’s whoever ok’d the contract, that’s the real issue here. He should have been offered two years max, not fucking four!

You can't seriously think trying to undermine him and pressure him through the media would be acceptable. That would be a dirty, underhanded thing to do and very distasteful. I firmly believe you deal with things in an up front manner so everyone know's where they stand. No need to conduct yourself any other way.

If there have been conversations behind closed doors about Boyd behind closed doors and he is digging his heels in as you say, then the coach drops him. If he doesn't, that's 100% on Seibs. I doubt Boyd has the power to keep himself in the team if the coach thinks otherwise.

As I have said before, I know Seibs sets markers for every player and that determines where they sit on his depth chart. If Boyd wasn't meeting them, he would get dropped. That's probably why he doesn't think he is as out of form as he is, because the coach and others I'd guess are telling him otherwise.

Doesn't Wayne Bennett in fact have a history of doing exactly this?

It's not crap, would you sacrifice 700k a year that you could help out your family with? I really don't believe anyone would and I wouldn't blame them. Family comes first. For your argument to stand up he would have to be deliberately playing sub standard and I don't think he is, he just isn't as good as he used to be. As fans, I think we can get a bit too emotional about it and take it more personally than it actually should be.

All the Broncos can do is drop him if his form isn't what the coach is looking for and take it from there really.
Yeah well I would blame him, considering the circumstances of his employment. Either put in or fuckoff, anything else is disrespectful.

Doesn't Wayne Bennett in fact have a history of doing exactly this?

I don't think he does. He manipulates the press but if you are on the outer with him the player generally knows it.
[automerge]1565949409[/automerge]
Yeah well I would blame him, considering the circumstances of his employment. Either put in or fuckoff, anything else is disrespectful.

I don't blame him at all. There is no way on earth you would give up a 700k a year contract even if you werent playing up to scratch, especially if the coach kept picking you.

Like I've said all year, I don't think he isn't trying, I think he is finished as a fullback, and I don't think he is a 5/8th, and his performances have pretty much shown it. His Body has probably let him down now. While the coach keeps picking him though, he probably still thinks he has something to offer, so I believe if we want him to call it a day, Seibs will have to drop him.

Last edited:
This will never be put to bed until he either puts in or ***** off. I’m not sure if he is capable anymore of the former.

I think when the Dollars are in your hands, it's a different story 😁
He's already vastly wealthy from a great career. To carry on is both greedy and detrimental to his legacy.

He's already vastly wealthy from a great career. To carry on is both greedy and detrimental to his legacy.

Being wealthy isn't a crime. It's not greedy at all. Its setting up his kids for the future. Only his form is detrimental to his legacy.

Being wealthy isn't a crime. It's not greedy at all. Its setting up his kids for the future. Only his form is detrimental to his legacy.
Mate at some point it's greedy. Good luck to his kids.
[automerge]1565954223[/automerge]
Only his form is detrimental to his legacy.
Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.