Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is Bennett still doing in England?! Should he not be back here going over preparations for the pre-season/2019 like Seibs is doing with Souths? Maybe he is gallavanting around Europe on a romantic escapade with that new, younger Mrs.

None of my business of course and good luck to him. But I would hope his mind is on the job and that would be making sure everything is as it should be with our players/prep/signings etc.

He would normally only be at sessions sometimes at the moment. He comes to Wests watches a bit and goes back to his office.

Croll is back too from the Cowboys signed to a three year deal by Bennett, interesting to see what happens there.

WTF is Bennett doing signing staff for us for 3 years?!

Last edited:
That’s bullshit he’s the coach and it’s still training. Of course he should be there to show he’s team he’s just as dedicated as him when full preseason training begins.

It's not 1972 one guy doesn't do everything anymore.

He would normally only be at sessions sometimes at the moment. He comes to Wests watches a bit and goes back to his office.

Fair enough I spose, I just thought with the situation as it is, he would have wanted to be here to show who's boss/ his committment to the cause.

What shit. I just don't know what all the fuss is about. Fucking makes us look weak. I would be perfectly happy if WB left at the end of his contract. I haven't heard of any reason why this situation is 'untenable'.

Does it make the Broncs look weak? I don’t really see how.

The media says it is untenable, we all feel it is untenable and Souths are the ones clearly needing he swap to happen according to said media, thus the cycle of gossip.

The Broncs have said they are happy to keep Bennett, Bennett has said he is happy to stay, the players have said they want Bennett to stay.

Regardless of player movements, why do the Broncs need to make a statement for every report that pretty much comes out every other day, especially one like this without one single quote from anybody?

I dont trust Bennett to coach us next year. He already has one eye on Souths. He needs to go.

Its pretty simple why its untenable, both coaches have a potential interest in the other team they are moving to. Both clubs stand to lose a lot if it goes sour during the year, both player roster management wise and also success wise. A bitter year can burn a club for 3-4 years.

Sure all parties are saying they will meet their contracts etc, but this is for professionalism and business respect. Behind closed doors all parties will be talking to make it happen. Its just business.

Not sure what to think about Seibold signing Ben Cross onto the staff for 2020. I don't remember him as a player so I had to Google him. Apparently he runs (or ran) his own rugby league players academy
http://bencross.com.au/rugby-programs.
I'm just not sure why we need to hire ex NSW state of origin players to the coaching staff. Do the Broncos need a complete fresh start and go outside the club (and Qld) to find staff or should Seibold recruit from within Queensland?

Last edited:
Not sure what to think about Seibold signing Ben Cross onto the staff for 2020. I don't remember him as a player so I had to Google him. Apparently he runs (or ran) his own rugby league players academy
http://bencross.com.au/rugby-programs.
I'm just not sure why we need to hire ex NSW state of origin players to the coaching staff. Do the Broncos need a complete fresh start and go outside the club (and Qld) to find staff or should Seibold recruit from within Queensland?

I think it's shit , I understand they want to start fresh but ben cross ???

Geography is unimportant. The best man for the job is all I care about.

This is true but hasn't he been coaching the NSW women's team ? Nothing against the woman's comp but origin and nrl completely different.

Geography is unimportant. The best man for the job is all I care about.
I don't necessarily disagree but is change for change's sake a good thing? I care about the Broncos culture. Bennett always wanted to embrace the old boys and the old culture and as a fan I didn't see too much wrong with the team culture this year that a bit of tweaking wouldn't fix.
With all the upheaval that's happening (and potentially very quickly) I would rather see Seibold play it cautiously for his first year, draw on the staff and resources that are left when Bennett leaves and make changes in his second year.
I just hope Demitriou stays on for 2019 if the coach swap is done next week.

NEWCASTLE RL | South Newcastle coach Ben Cross to be Anthony Seibold's assistant at either South Sydney or Brisbane.

Cross told the Newcastle Herald he is definitely making the move to the NRL but admits he is not 100 percent sure yet where it will be.
“I’ll definitely be at the Broncos in 2020 but whether it’s South Sydney or Brisbane next season, I’m not too sure yet,” Cross said.

“It all hinges on whether the two clubs do a [coaching] swap. If Seibold is coaching Souths, I’ll be at Souths and if he is coaching Brisbane, I’ll be up there. “So it’s either going to be Redfern or Red Hill.”

While he is yet to sign a contract, Cross said there is no chance the deal will fall over. “I’ve got a commitment and agreement with Seibold and he’s got one from me so it’s a matter of waiting to see where we are going to start, whether it be at Souths or at Brisbane,” he said.

“I think both clubs start back on the 12th [November] so there is not a lot of time to get it sorted if there is to be a swap but I’ll be ready either way.

Last edited:
WTF is Bennett still doing in England?! Should he not be back here going over preparations for the pre-season/2019 like Seibs is doing with Souths? Maybe he is gallavanting around Europe on a romantic escapade with that new, younger Mrs.

None of my business of course and good luck to him. But I would hope his mind is on the job and that would be making sure everything is as it should be with our players/prep/signings etc.

Little head needs stimulating before big head can think straight.

Interesting how Cross refers to his future boss as 'Seibold'. Why not say Anthony? Seems a bit disrespectful doesn't it? No contract signed the report says so wonder if it will still happen. Dunno how close the 2 of them are but assume they know each other from their Storm days.

I don't necessarily disagree but is change for change's sake a good thing? I care about the Broncos culture. Bennett always wanted to embrace the old boys and the old culture and as a fan I didn't see too much wrong with the team culture this year that a bit of tweaking wouldn't fix.
With all the upheaval that's happening (and potentially very quickly) I would rather see Seibold play it cautiously for his first year, draw on the staff and resources that are left when Bennett leaves and make changes in his second year.
I just hope Demitriou stays on for 2019 if the coach swap is done next week.

I think JD is as good as gone unfortunately. He will see his best chance of a head coaching job as succeeding Bennett as Souths, surely.

I think JD is as good as gone unfortunately. He will see his best chance of a head coaching job as succeeding Bennett as Souths, surely.

He moved from the Dragons where you could argue Mary was more chance to move on before Bennett.

His contract ends 2019. He is a career coach so he is going to be coaching somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • Griffo
  • broncs30
  • mrtij
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Fozz
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • dirtyharry
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.