International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Seibold slams Broncos' attitude

Alicia Newton
NRL.com
Sat 7 Sep 2019, 08:59 PM

spray

Anthony Seibold has delivered a hefty spray to his Broncos side following their 30-14 loss to Canterbury and warned Parramatta will "beat us completely" in next week's sudden-death final if Brisbane produce a similar performance – assuming they even get there.

fuming

Seibold was fuming at the players' attitude after they conceded five tries, including three from kicks, to the gutsy Bulldogs who again proved giant killers in the final quarter of their 2019 campaign. The loss will leave the Broncos in eighth place with a visit to the fifth-placed Eels looming, although Brisbane would drop out of the top eight altogether if the Wests Tigers and Cronulla play out a draw in Sunday's sold-out clash at Leichhardt Oval. Seibold's men will board a plane back to Brisbane while that match is taking place.

disappointed

"I'm very disappointed in our group," Seibold said. "That's an attitude thing, it looked like the Bulldogs were playing for a place in the finals, not us. "I thought we were well past it, to be fair.

soft

They've turned up looking for a soft performance or just dipping the toe in. "The first set summed it up, we had two offloads against us and two missed tackles. That's an attitude. Now we've got to hope tomorrow night doesn't go to a golden point draw."

frustrated

Seibold remained frustrated at the prospect of the side not having any control over their own destiny before reflecting on the past three months of results for the club. The Broncos slumped as low as 14th on the Telstra Premiership ladder before recording six wins and a draw in the final 10 rounds to scrape into the top eight. "I'm quite negative at the moment because I'm frustrated with what we dished up tonight," Seibold said.

annoyed

"If I look at the second part of the year we've made some really big strides but I'm annoyed because now we hope tomorrow doesn't go to a golden point draw. And that's not a good strategy.

proud

"But I'm proud of how we've turned out season. I'm proud of how our members have stuck by us.

hurting
"They'll be hurting tonight, I'm hurting and our team is hurting."

Last edited:
Bellamy is also a veteran, seasoned coach with the best #9 ever in the history of the game as a 2nd coach on the field, along with a sprinkling of experienced players and youngsters. Seibs is only in his 2nd season as head coach, at a new club, with the youngest team in the comp. I think comparisons are unfair.

"Attitude" is code for respecting the coach. Seibold is saying he doesn't have the dressing room.

Bellamy is also a veteran, seasoned coach with the best #9 ever in the history of the game as a 2nd coach on the field, along with a sprinkling of experienced players and youngsters. Seibs is only in his 2nd season as head coach, at a new club, with the youngest team in the comp. I think comparisons are unfair.
Coaches can't really afford to have rookie periods in the NRL, when you don't even know if they'll actually come good in a few years time. Especially not at a club like the Broncos.

It’s unforgivable really. Makes no sense at all. He’s totally lost me and I guarantee you he’ll pick the same team next week.

I reckon Seibold doesn't have a choice. I reckon the club has decided that Boyd and Macca are protected species : "Endangered Hacks" and that's why they get picked, that's why Turpin is at 7 and that's why our game plan is what is has to be. We don't have any play makers.

What a **** up. This is the Broncos FFS

I reckon Seibold doesn't have a choice. I reckon the club has decided that Boyd and Macca are protected species : "Endangered Hacks" and that's why they get picked, that's why Turpin is at 7 and that's why our game plan is what is has to be. We don't have any play makers.

It’s the only logical reason for it to be happening, if it isn’t and it’s because the coach thinks it’s the best choice then he’ll be gone halfway through next season surely. Even the dumbest of football fans can see it’s not right.

If the Broncos heirarchy, sponsors, or agents or anyone other than the coach are stipulating who to pick then **** the Broncos I am done. I hope to god this is not the case. If it is and I was Seibold I would tell the Broncos to get fucked and go public. The suggestion that this could be happening is abhorrent.

If the Broncos heirarchy, sponsors, or agents or anyone other than the coach are stipulating who to pick then **** the Broncos I am done. I hope to god this is not the case. If it is and I was Seibold I would tell the Broncos to get fucked and go public. The suggestion that this could be happening is abhorrent.

Its not happening. So many conspiracy theories on here its laughable, and if it was going on it doesnt show much integrity from the coach for a start.

I've noticed Seibs rarely ever takes any responsibility for our poor performances. Some of it is down to him as much as the players.

...um...I think beating Brisbane no longer qualifies as a "Giant" killing thanks coach....please come up with yet another excuses except this thanks...

Surely not! And even if for some stupid reason it is true , it's not hard to put boyd in the centers, turpin on the bench and sos at 7.

There was a sense of cockiness by the young broncs that needed addressing. The coaches job is to ensure that each player has their mind on the game. The old days come big games, players were completely focussed on one thing....their own game and how that will benefit the team as a collective! Piss off individual hero type stuff and embrace team! Staggs went overboard and should have his arse grilled. Isako should clicked up the back of the head for leaving his opponent out on sideline by himself! Lodge should be abused for not securing the ball at all costs especially early in a game!

Utterly abhorrent. Either Boyd and Macca are protected by the powers that be or Seibold is a complete fuckwit and deserves to go, which is something I can't accept ... yet

Part of me thinks the unrelenting media hype about our young guns was to have this effect.

We are susceptible to believing our own hype, happened last year and happened this year.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maddy
  • Jedhead
  • Footy Fanatic
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Santa
  • sooticus
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.