NEWS Seibold slams Broncos' attitude

Seibold is an utter dimwit.

Nonsensical team selections. Bullshit jargon. Never takes responsibility for anything. I don't see him having any success at this club.

Nonsense.
If the coach only does one thing, it's fire up the team. So when he's saying the team has the wrong "attitude" he's literally saying he wasn't able to fire them up. In other words, he's saying they're not listening to him.

Surely not! And even if for some stupid reason it is true , it's not hard to put boyd in the centers, turpin on the bench and sos at 7.
Boyd should not be anywhere other than reserve grade.

Part of me thinks the unrelenting media hype about our young guns was to have this effect.

We are susceptible to believing our own hype, happened last year and happened this year.

Doesn’t explain why turpin is picked for half back every week.

If the coach only does one thing, it's fire up the team. So when he's saying the team has the wrong "attitude" he's literally saying he wasn't able to fire them up. In other words, he's saying they're not listening to him.
He's saying they weren't up for the game. They were up for the game last week, and the week before, and so on. You don't say a coach has lost the dressing room because they couldn't get their team fired up for one game. It's just silliness.

Now if you want to complain about how dreadful our attack is, even when the boys are fired up, or about who currently occupies the 1, 6, 7 and 9 in our team, then you're being reasonable.

He's saying they weren't up for the game. They were up for the game last week, and the week before, and so on. You don't say a coach has lost the dressing room because they couldn't get their team fired up for one game. It's just silliness.

Now if you want to complain about how dreadful our attack is, even when the boys are fired up, or about who currently occupies the 1, 6, 7 and 9 in our team, then you're being reasonable.
I would agree if he'd only said it once, but he's used it as an excuse a few times. Most notably during the rep period. If attitude is an ongoing problem, it's the coach's fault.

Besides which, it's a bullshit excuse.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself. Wasn't my fault.
I beg to differ, clearly your expectations were set too high and because our team didn’t reach them you are looking for someone else to blame. Myself, I never thought for a moment we would reach the finals this year. That said, I am hurting along with everyone else but we are certainly not a finals oriented team yet, that comes with experience and that takes time.

I beg to differ, clearly your expectations were set too high and because our team didn’t reach them you are looking for someone else to blame. Myself, I never thought for a moment we would reach the finals this year. That said, I am hurting along with everyone else but we are certainly not a finals oriented team yet, that comes with experience and that takes time.
My expectations are being met so far. I've only commented on Seibold's excuse (attitude) being a bit whiny. That said, it's easier medicine than admitting our spine doesn't have the skillset.

Last edited:
Utterly abhorrent. Either Boyd and Macca are protected by the powers that be or Seibold is a complete fuckwit and deserves to go, which is something I can't accept ... yet
To be fair they're not the ONLY two options.

My expectations are being met so far. I've only commented on Seibold's excuse (attitude) being a bit whiny. That said, it's easier medicine than admitting our spine doesn't have the skillset.

That is the part which is really baffling. It seems like everyone but Seibold can see the bleeding obvious

This must be the fifth time I’ve read that Seibold has given the team a spray about their attitudes, but it’s just words. Do they need to pick up their game? Absolutely. Have half of them had the crappiest seasons I’ve seen them play in awhile? For sure. Boyd, Macca, Issako, Shibasaki, and Oates have been extremely ordinary this season, to name a few.

But maybe that’s not the only problem. Maybe they need a coach who will actually bench the idiots who are underperforming like Boyd and Macca. Maybe we need a coach who doesn’t insist on playing a hooker at half, and maybe we need an actual game plan that includes the players passing the goddamn ball, halves who have an actual kicking game, and players who know how (and when) to tackle.

We’re going to get crushed next week if we field the same team we used this week. But at least the pain of watching this team sleepwalk through every other bloody game will be over.

That is the part which is really baffling. It seems like everyone but Seibold can see the bleeding obvious
The hardest pill isn't Boyd and Macca, but Milford. He's not in the bad category, by any means, but he's still not quite as good as he needs to be, and he seems to have peaked.

The hardest pill isn't Boyd and Macca, but Milford. He's not in the bad category, by any means, but he's still not quite as good as he needs to be, and he seems to have peaked.

He needs to be at 5/8 which is his best position. His move to FB was because Boyd was screwing up. Dumb. In fact, because of the obsession with keeping Boyd and Macca, the entire team structure is fucked

Last edited:
He needs to be at 5/8 which is his best position. His move to FB was because Boyd was screwing up. Dumb. In fact, because of the obsession with keeping Boyd and Macca, the entire team structure is fucked

Was also to make sure Milford wasn’t getting destroyed defending in the front line too because he is a serial arm grabber

Was also to make sure Milford wasn’t getting destroyed defending in the front line too because he is a serial arm grabber

That is a coaching issue for mine. Shape up or take a pay cut for failing to perform (applies to both Milf and Seibold)

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.