NEWS Seibold tells Boyd he will play centre next season

Remember lads to boo Boyds his name gets called out at every home game.
People have been doing that for 2 years.
[automerge]1569194377[/automerge]
With the Boyd to centre stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if Seibold starts him in Qcup to get familiar with the role, and to ensure he doesn't hit the 15 game marker to be renewed for 2021. The only way I see Boyd playing the 15 games is if he announces his retirement at the end of 2020.

Last edited:
Not sure why so many of you are getting so arced up about an article published six months before the season begins, with no supporting quotes from Seibold at all.

Not to mention, it's written by Badel.

There's no way Seibold has already made a decision on where Boyd will be playing in 2020.

Not sure why so many of you are getting so arced up about an article published six months before the season begins, with no supporting quotes from Seibold at all.

Not to mention, it's written by Badel.

There's no way Seibold has already made a decision on where Boyd will be playing in 2020.

He hasn't even decided the top 30 players yet, let alone where they are playing.

There is a certain decision that should have been made quite a while ago.

I honestly feel like giving up on this club and its fucking management. Its hard for me as someone who gets overly emotional and passionate about the broncos to see them constantly makes horrible decisions.

For someone with anxiety I feel like I just need to take a break.
Hang in there. We all feel that too. The cub is more than the Management. Their are players and fans that are worth sticking with

Last edited:
Hang in there. We all feel that too. The cub is more than the Management. Their are players and fans that are worth sticking with
Sorry worst autocorrect ever.

Hang in there. We all feel that too. The club is more than the Management. There are players and fans that are worth sticking with.

They ( the board ) chose to go with a long term coach and it’s reasonable to assume they also want the same with the club captain.

Glen, my choice, is at the end of his career and Gillett unfortunately is only a game to game proposition as he showed towards the end of the season.

Lodge, although still a bit rough around the edges is the players choice and that in my humble opinion holds a lot of water. As far as a PR disaster goes most of us accepted and got over it when he joined and we'll get over it again when he's made captain.

There is really no one else and once again highlights the lack of forward planning. It appears to me the board and sponsors have accepted mediocrity for far too long while getting 30k at Lang Park and prime time television. But it’s all caught up with them with the 58 blot thrashing that has changed everything. One can only hope so.

Gee this is a great post, excellent stuff Gaz.
[automerge]1569220857[/automerge]
He hasn't even decided the top 30 players yet, let alone where they are playing.

Look, I think many of us, myself included, are all just a little paranoid after what went on this season with team selections etc. Deep down, some of us are concerned, and expect, Seibold will continue with the status quo and nothing will change next year.

Hopefully we are worried about nothing and things are different in 2020.

Last edited:
If we’re stuck with Boyd at centre he can be captain when Lodge is off. Otherwise Gillett or Glenn will probably be on during the time Lodge is off.

Plenty of Captains haven’t been 80 minute players.
Sure there have been, even a benchie one (Kidley). I just don't agree with a non 80 minute captain. Besides, it still doesn't solve the mental acuity problem...

Can NRL360 or 100% Footy 9 invite the captain and coach in for their live shows?
Put them on the spot so that all this innuendo and anxiety can be quelled going into the off season.

Can NRL360 or 100% Footy 9 invite the captain and coach in for their live shows?
Put them on the spot so that all this innuendo and anxiety can be quelled going into the off season.

As annoying as it is, I prefer for it be handled in house rather than played out in the media.
I just hope they’re making the right decisions.

You do realise that the second the club clear up one rumour... the media will just come up with another one... and then there will be calls for the club to come out and clear the next one up.

This exact scenario happened last year with the coaching swap

Last edited:
whattheblk15.jpg

The only journo that matters.

You do realise that the second the club clear up one rumour... the media will just come up with another one... and then there will be calls for the club to come out and clear the next one up.

This exact scenario happened last year with the coaching swap
Which most of the rumours were all true

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.