NEWS Seibold tells Boyd he will play centre next season

Yup, people are worried it being a 'PR disaster' if Lodge is made captain. That should be the least of peoples' concerns. I would have thought being flogged 58-0 in a final, and 13 years without any premiership success would be more of a worry to sponsors (both existing and potential).

In the world of professional and cut-throat sport, nice guys tend to finish last more often than not. It has certainly been the case for us over recent times.
Just on the point concerning our last premiership we are no where near as bad as some! The Warriors and Gold Coast have never won one, 25 and 31 years respectively!
Following on is the Tigpies 14, Dogs 15, Panthers 16, Knights 18, Raiders 25 and the busted arse Eels 33 fucking years! Scratch that 34 years ha ha.

Financially we'll survive methinks. We do need another one though, next two years maybe.

I'll believe this when I see it.

Boyd is playing for the Dolphins imo until I see his name on a Broncos team sheet in Round 1.

I'll believe this when I see it.

Boyd is playing for the Dolphins imo until I see his name on a Broncos team sheet in Round 1.

Yeah the off season hasn’t even technically started yet, and Boyd has lost the captaincy, been dropped, been moved on, been told he’ll be 5/8th going forward, told he’ll play centre, and been made captain for one more season. Really these media flops know that just mentioning his name will set social media on fire.

Yeah the off season hasn’t even technically started yet, and Boyd has lost the captaincy, been dropped, been moved on, been told he’ll be 5/8th going forward, told he’ll play centre, and been made captain for one more season. Really these media flops know that just mentioning his name will set social media on fire.
I believe he will remain as captain as long as he's being selected and most likely he'll be in the centres or as a winger. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lodge named as vice captain who steps up if and when Boyd flops. If Boyd stays in the team it will mean we are winning and holding a top four position. Should he fail or not be meeting whatever notional standards Seibold has in place then I believe it's likely we won't see him again.

Although I don't know Boyd I'm guessing he'll give it everything he's got to prove the world wrong. I want him to do that too as it will benefit the team, inspire others to believe in themselves and finally, a real life underdog success.

Contrary to popular opinion I think this could be the masterstroke, the circuit beeaker we are looking for to get back to the elitw teams.

At least Seibs is prepared to take a risk, to make a decision to improve things unlike the Monday morning coaches on here..

Get behind it fellow Broncos!!

I believe he will remain as captain as long as he's being selected and most likely he'll be in the centres or as a winger. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lodge named as vice captain who steps up if and when Boyd flops. If Boyd stays in the team it will mean we are winning and holding a top four position. Should he fail or not be meeting whatever notional standards Seibold has in place then I believe it's likely we won't see him again.

Although I don't know Boyd I'm guessing he'll give it everything he's got to prove the world wrong. I want him to do that too as it will benefit the team, inspire others to believe in themselves and finally, a real life underdog success.

Unfortunately I fear you are right with your first sentence. Of course I want Boyd to kill it at centre and be a great leader and prove me wrong. I don’t hate Boyd, I don’t know him. I want my team to win and my teams players to perform well. This season he has been incompatible with those wants. So I won’t chastise the man if he turns it around. However, based on his form of the last 2 years I expect to see very poor effort at important times during games. Whether the effort is still poor despite his best intentions is irrelevant to me. Jogging, taking a knee, turning his back on bombs, getting run over, putting his hands up instead of defending. I’m sick of seeing it.

Last edited:
Yep wait for the reports of Boyd and Macca training the house down and looking in their best shape ever. Absolute professionals those two
Far out, I bet this is spot on. It’s enough to make ya sick isn’t it.

Unfortunately I fear you are right with your first sentence. Of course I want Boyd to kill it at centre and be a great leader and prove me wrong. I don’t hate Boyd, I don’t know him. I want my team to win and my teams players to perform well. This season he has been incompatible with those wants. So I won’t chastise the man if he turns it around. However, based on his form of the last 2 years I expect to see very poor effort at important times during games. Whether the effort is still poor despite his best intentions is irrelevant to me. Jogging, taking a knee, turning his back on bombs, getting run over, putting his hands up instead of defending. I’m sick of seeing it.
Just on that turning his back on the bomb I'm certain he did that to allow the other Bronco going for the ball to field it on the full. It looked to me that he saw him coming from the other direction and believed he himself didn't have a handle on the trajectory but that t hgat the ot hger guy did and was going for it. I'm also certain that had he known the flight path he would have tried to contest it himself. I think he was just trying to give the other guy a clean shot at it. It doesn't matter though, it's history and only next years performance counts.

Just on that turning his back on the bomb I'm certain he did that to allow the other Bronco going for the ball to field it on the full. It looked to me that he saw him coming from the other direction and believed he himself didn't have a handle on the trajectory but that t hgat the ot hger guy did and was going for it. I'm also certain that had he known the flight path he would have tried to contest it himself. I think he was just trying to give the other guy a clean shot at it. It doesn't matter though, it's history and only next years performance counts.

Yeah you might be right. It didn’t feel that way live but I haven’t revisited it. Im not irrational enough to think none of his actions can’t be explained away.

I disagree with your last sentence though. Where we differ is don’t believe he should get a “next years performance”.

Because he is the best leader and everyone makes mistakes and he has well and truly paid for them. Move on.

Nobody knows if he has truly paid for it. The club will have you believe he has but they never tell us whole truths, only what they want you to know. Without seeing if the people he harassed are still being affected, how on earth could you, I or Matt Lodge even know if he has paid his dues? I don't want the grub anywhere near the captaincy of our club!

Nobody knows if he has truly paid for it. The club will have you believe he has but they never tell us whole truths, only what they want you to know. Without seeing if the people he harassed are still being affected, how on earth could you, I or Matt Lodge even know if he has paid his dues? I don't want the grub anywhere near the captaincy of our club!

Whether not the people involved are still affected has absolutely no bearing on whether he has paid his price or redeemed himself. Honestly people lose there minds over emotion sometimes.

Your argument is ludicrous. So essentially what you are saying if you have wronged someone that as long as they are affected by that you can never move on or be a better person?

Did you watch the footage of his "rampage"? Nobody was hurt and the family in question got a nice, juicy payout. I'm sure they're fine.

Whether not the people involved are still affected has absolutely no bearing on whether he has paid his price or redeemed himself. Honestly people lose there minds over emotion sometimes.

Your argument is ludicrous. So essentially what you are saying if you have wronged someone that as long as they are affected by that you can never move on or be a better person?

Well I think it does matter. I'm not saying he shouldn't be able to move on I'm simply saying that I don't want a bloke with his history, captaining our side. A lot of people look up to professional athletes, the Captain of the Brisbane Broncos will garner even more admiration. I know I wouldn't want my kids looking up to a bloke who is capable of what he has shown.
[automerge]1569142121[/automerge]
Did you watch the footage of his "rampage"? Nobody was hurt and the family in question got a nice, juicy payout. I'm sure they're fine.

I did and it didn't appear to show everything that was mentioned. They might be fine.....I wouldn't know. Still don't want him as Captain.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Spoon
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.