#seiboldout

I'll cut siebold some slack with the fact that half options were few and far between. Apart from that though there is not much positive I've seen from his coaching. He debued a few player (often from necccessity) but there's not much else positive I can think of (maybe saguaro?)
What really concerns me is the response to the bulldogs game. The dogs showed up all our weaknesses with outside defence and poor kicking and you would think it would have been a warning heeded. Instead we trotted out the same team, same tired strategies (what little we have) and worst of all we addressed none of the problems that game exposed.
We as a club are in serious trouble. Siebold has to see out next year because anything else shows the folly of the coaching debacle for what it was: a clash of ego's with the stability of the club sacrificed. If he goes within two seasons. Others would almost certainly have to follow who appointed him.
There are some positives for the club though. The emergence of Haas and fifitta as not just regular 1st graders but potentially club greats as well as the emergence and further development of a host of good young players bodes well long term regardless of who coaches or how. Add to that some stability in the spine and it's not all doom and gloom.
However there a few things that need to be addressed if we are to see anything better than what's been dished up this year.
Kicking in general play was diabolical. We need more than milford's bombs. We need both halves (whoever they are) taking the kicking duties and controlling the attack.
Speaking of attack. A plan of attack would be good with maybe some practice of it in the off-season if it's not too much trouble, would be nice.
Finally, I'd like to see the coach recruit a veteran half. I don't care if he only plays a handful of games and is a journeyman, but we need some wisdom in game management on the field (in the coaches box too, but I'm not greedy).
If we address those, then we may see some progress on where we want to be.

On the other hand though you have fans like me who will support the club no matter what just because some of us grew up idolising the club and it’s inbuilt into our DNA.

Not having a go at your post but I have never understood how you can love a club and then easily leave them for another club. I do understand falling out of love with a club and not agreeing with what they are doing or what direction they are going but the Broncos will always be my club despite everything I just grew up living the club, I live in the city now since 2011 and I have way too much emotional attachment and time invested. Whether it’s also a geographical thing that I could never support anyone else or because I’ve grown too much of an emotional attachment to the club I don’t know.
Fair response and I recognize that there is full on fans that will stick by thick and thin, and that’s admirable. But I watch footy because I enjoy it... I used to play and I like seeing the top guys doing crazy shit. But that’s just not us. We are so boring.

Also, I want to clarify I will NEVER follow another team. I’m not just gonna switch, I just won’t put time and energy in to the Bronx until I like it again.

Fair response and I recognize that there is full on fans that will stick by thick and thin, and that’s admirable. But I watch footy because I enjoy it... I used to play and I like seeing the top guys doing crazy shit. But that’s just not us. We are so boring.

Also, I want to clarify I will NEVER follow another team. I’m not just gonna switch, I just won’t put time and energy in to the Bronx until I like it again.

Fair call and I can’t argue with that. It has been painful watching our games this year besides a select few so I can understand some fans not wanting to sit through our games this season, if you’re a fan of entertaining rugby league. Most of us only sat through it all for the love of club despite wanting to tear our eyes out.

Definitely over time as I have grown up I have gone from a supporter who would just live and die by the result of our games each week and not paying attention to what actually goes into the season week to week to actually trying to understand the game and what direction our game is heading and criticising the club when I believe it’s made the wrong decisions. Where the only agenda is what’s the best chance of the club being successful.

You’ll have a group of bandwagon fans at every club who will just jump off when the times are tough and jump on a successful team which is systematic of the current society although I don’t understand how they get any satisfaction out of it. Success is so much sweeter when you are made to work for it and have to go through some tough times to get there whereas some socialites are so insecure in their own lives they have to try and associate themselves with anything to do with a semblance of winning because they try live their lives through them.

Then you just have some supporters who believe the club can do no wrong and will blindly give every person involved in the club a free pass and bury their heads in the sand pretending everything is all rainbows and unicorns. These fans also have agendas against fans who actual try to constructively criticise the club saying that our negatively is just bringing down the club. It’s fans like these that clubs are allowed to get away with mediocrity without being called out on it for so long.

Bennett really fucked us with Boyd's deal in particular. What a smoking turd of a decision.

Resoectfully, Dariusis the only yhing shanding between us and u18's. He has taught these kids when to try and when to save energy.

No way. We need Darius to see out this contract and possibly a 2 year extension.

Resoectfully, Dariusis the only yhing shanding between us and u18's. He has taught these kids when to try and when to save energy.

No way. We need Darius to see out this contract and possibly a 2 year extension.

Quick tip, if you’re going to be an obvious troll at least try and be less obvious to hide the fact you’re a troll or at least show a semblance of creativity of wit to make the exercise worthwhile

I wouldn't take a lot of comfort out of the press conference. As always, he blamed the players, avoided any committal questions, said they aren't good enough, players have improved under his watch and now is not the time to discuss insert question here.
He literally says as head coach he has to take the blame for the loss.

We could of had Belamy if the board offered more then Storm did, we are the richest team in the comp we could of easily outspent storm, that was completely on the board.

Lol mate, you need to get over Bennett
[automerge]1568534224[/automerge]
I’m just glad I didn’t start this thread. People would be threatening to go and have a cry and leave the forum.
It was a turd of decision and I posted this at the time. He was 30 with a dodgy hamstring. Two years max and none of us here would be as wound as we are. Ah well he’s gone now ffs we would’ve said. Except in reality he’s chewing up our cap for two more years. I’d be playing him in Qld Cup or whatever it’s called. Macca can join him. Milford has to go back to 5/8th and we need to be playing a dominant half. Sack White and the board and tell Seibold he has to weed out the players who are mentally weak and don’t want to bust a lung for their pay check.

from that press conference, he has a hard on for repeating "there's alot of talent in the playing group" and hes going to look at the situation from top to bottom. I just hope he can pin point the things we all can see are wrong.

I am still giving Seibold next season to turn this around. He deserves a full preseason to see what he can do BUT if round 1 next year he trots out Turpin and Darius fucking Boyd in the halves then I am officially done.

I cannot remember who it was that said it but there was someone on here a few months ago that is usually on the money that claimed that Seibold wanted to dump Boyd but was being told he couldn't by higher ups (I assumed White et al.) I hope this was the case and Seibold's points in the presser about a full review and we have good blokes but we need winners points towards this.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • HarryAllan7
  • bert_lifts
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.