PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

He literally sold them out

Your source / s are selling out the club when they spread rumours through you .
Should they be punished and sacked too ?
No, my source was Selwyn saying he left the game early when he wasn't supposed to because we were losing. He said that himself.

No, my source was Selwyn saying he left the game early when he wasn't supposed to because we were losing. He said that himself.

OK ,I will type slowly so you can understand .

Regards the rumours that you are now going to with hold because I called you out on being a leaker / dobber / snitch ?

When your insiders whisper them to you . They are not selling out the club ?

Loose lips sink ships . LOL .

I agree .
Can jump high , but can`t hold on to the ball . Folks here told me coaches in AFL land would fix that in a jiffy . Nanai has that skill from his debut . Xavier doesn`t and never will have that level of eye - hand coordination .

Who is your alternative . Hamiso ?
Hamiso has been great this season. Doesn’t mean it will translate to the wing but QLD never had any issues with playing fullbacks in the outside backs before.

I think Hammer would do a good job

Hamiso has been great this season. Doesn’t mean it will translate to the wing but QLD never had any issues with playing fullbacks in the outside backs before.

Hamiso > Xavier ?
Qld selectors are generally loyal . Coates would have to be playing badly to be replaced IMO .

Hamiso > Xavier ?
Qld selectors are generally loyal . Coates would have to be playing badly to be replaced IMO .
Personally yeah I don’t really rate Coates that much. He’s like Cobbo but with higher lows and lower highs

Selwyn had a smile on his face. He should have passed left or taken it a bit more seriously instead of trying to be cute with it.
Come on man. When was the last time you saw someone on the ground reach up and knock a ball out like that. It was a freak event. 9/10 times it's a try and would've been an absolute highlight reel one at that.
You're a fkn hard marker.

Come on man. When was the last time you saw someone on the ground reach up and knock a ball out like that. It was a freak event. 9/10 times it's a try and would've been an absolute highlight reel one at that.
You're a fkn hard marker.

+1 .
999 times out of 1000 he scores . Some folks can`t give credit where it`s due .

Selwyn had a smile on his face.
Maybe if he scowled that would make the difference ? LOL .

I think the Qld selectors will like the big body tall athletic wingers in Coates and Cobbo, with one of them coming up against To'o.

Although they will have Turbo and Latrell in the centres this year... Val and Gagai will need to be on guard.

Don't understand the hype for Cobbo, but don't understand the hate either.

At the moment he's a young kid learning to play the game. I personally haven't seen anything from him that suggests to me that he will be a superstar but he also hasn't been diabolically bad and worthy of the kind of hate some here have for him.

I think he's currently a fringe first grader who is being hyped beyond all belief way ahead of time. He's a project and it's worth the investment at the moment, but he has alot of work to do. I think the unreasonable expectation on him to be a superstar magnify some of his (admittedly very stupid) mistakes, and I also think that his easy-going nature can easily be misinterpreted to make it seem like he doesn't care or pay attention or have the drive to improve.

I have the exact same opinion on Suaali (who has never impressed me at all) and Coates who I think has stagnated and failed to improve as a player even in the strong Storm system.
Hmmm, so the truth is in fact a balanced view somewhere in the middle of the 2 extremes?

Settle down now @HarryAllan7 we'll have none of that here

I wonder how Xavier is feeling about his move to The Storm......He's been pretty underwhelming since moving to there.

The Storm this year are looking decidedly sketchy....I think more troubled game time ahead for them. Whilst conversely The Broncos seem to be going from strength to strength.

Has Xavier backed the wrong horse......
I hope he hates it. I hope he reaches back out to see if he can come back and we tell him we would hate to deny him the chance to be coached by Bellamy and grow his game.

We dodged a massive bullet with him.

Loose lips sink ships . LOL .
life ugh GIF

I hope he hates it. I hope he reaches back out to see if he can come back and we tell him we would hate to deny him the chance to be coached by Bellamy and grow his game.

We dodged a massive bullet with him.

He does seem to have reached a limited ceiling which is a shame, he has some fantastic natural attributes with his speed and jump but that seems to be all he has. I actually think he has a good physique for a second rower but doesn't seem to have the mindset for it. To think if we didn't lose him we might have lost either Oates or Cobbo makes me think we definitely got the better end of that situation.

Hmmm, so the truth is in fact a balanced view somewhere in the middle of the 2 extremes?

Settle down now @HarryAllan7 we'll have none of that here

How is calling him a fringe first grader balanced?

That friends is the face of uncoachableness front and centre
He only looks about 12 years old and a cheeky young fella in that photo, even got the little caterpillar on his top lip

Tbf, they have also picked Corey Allen, Shibasaki, Jake Clifford and Enari Tuala as well.

Well they didn`t want to flog the Kumuls too hard .
Gotta get put of Moresby in one piece . LOL .

Saw a bit of Jake Clifford in Super League the other night . He was going alright .

I wonder how Xavier is feeling about his move to The Storm......He's been pretty underwhelming since moving to there.
Pretty good, I'd say.

He started 2022 as the leading try scorer across the competition (IIRC), which saw him selected for QLD. Although he rolled his ankle in that game, and ended up missing nearly two months in 2022, he ended the season as the Storm's top try scorer with 16 tries from 17 games (Cobbo 15 tries from 18 games).

He made 19 handling errors in 17 games. (Cobbo 33 in 18, Oates 30 in 22, Walsh 35 in 22, Staggs 27 in 23).

While the Storm had a disappointing season, Coates got to play in his first NRL final where he scored 3 of the Storm's 4 tries in their loss to the Raiders. He did not play in the Broncos 58-0 finals loss to the Eels in 2019.

His 4 try haul against the Warriors was the second most tries scored by a player in a single match in the Storm's history.

He also extended his contract until 2026:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • kman
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.