PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

There was a LOT more to the post than that 1 sentence, like this;

"I personally haven't seen anything from him that suggests to me that he will be a superstar but he also hasn't been diabolically bad and worthy of the kind of hate some here have for him."

Very balanced

Hmm even using that description though is whack. Fringe first grader.

Not seeing any signs Cobbo is a superstar? Specsavers mate.

Cobbo definitely a lot quieter, but if we can see consistency and he says out of trouble, he's going to develop onto a absolute athlete.

Kev had the chance to give a measured response here re: Cobbo - instead he sang his praises.

This is going to age so well @Cult
This bloke sucks. He’s fat, dumb and lazy. He will be up there with the Dave Taylor’s, TPJ’s and Anthony Milford’s as the biggest waste of talent this sport has seen. So disappointed in him.

The problem with Cobbo is that he doesn’t want to learn. I’ve spoken to people in the know who say that he’s already done everything he wants to do

As I said, I don’t believe he wants to improve based on what people involved with the club have told me. He thinks he’s there already, he thinks the blokes coaching him can’t coach and he’s reached the only goal he’s ever had.

Kev had the chance to give a measured response here re: Cobbo - instead he sang his praises.

This is going to age so well @Cult
Because he's not going to call him out for not trying to catch a bomb when the game is in the balance or tell the real story as to why he skipped out on us when we needed him in the last round last year. Cobbo is being looked after by the club because he's a good player and there's no way Walters was going to give Badel a scoop.

As I keep saying, I hope this thread doesn't age well. I hope Cobbo loses the belly, I hope he switches on and wants to be a better player, I hope he doesn't walk out on the team when they're losing, I hope he doesn't talk shit on a podcast ever again and most of all I hope he doesn't just run back to Cherbourg when we need him because he is bored.

I'm sorry if you guys don't like to hear it but being honest with yourselves, there's some fucking issues here and I hope he gets past them because I want him to be great. I am worried he doesn't have it in him.

I'm sorry if you guys don't like to hear it but being honest with yourselves, there's some fucking issues here and I hope he gets past them because I want him to be great. I am worried he doesn't have it in him.
I completely agree.
My views on Cobbo have nothing to do with the podcast comments about Kevs coaching. While I think it was stupid, he's a young bloke and young blokes say silly things.

I agree that he presents himself as lazy and willing to coast along. He came back overweight to pre-season training. He has all the potential in the world to be one of the greats, but also has the potential to be a Chris Sandow or Dave Taylor and never reach his full potential.

I completely agree.
My views on Cobbo have nothing to do with the podcast comments about Kevs coaching. While I think it was stupid, he's a young bloke and young blokes say silly things.

I agree that he presents himself as lazy and willing to coast along. He came back overweight to pre-season training. He has all the potential in the world to be one of the greats, but also has the potential to be a Chris Sandow or Dave Taylor and never reach his full potential.
Sandow was also from Cherbourg. But so was Steve Renouf.

Time is the only thing that will tell with young Cobbo, he has the NRL world at his feet if he has the temperament to take advantage of it.

Does anyone remember that moment against the tigers where Cobbo caught a kick that was going over the sideline and flicked it back infield before touching the ground? I think we scored shortly after.

It looked spectacular in the moment but they never showed a replay.

Does anyone remember that moment against the tigers where Cobbo caught a kick that was going over the sideline and flicked it back infield before touching the ground? I think we scored shortly after.

It looked spectacular in the moment but they never showed a replay.

Yeah that was really good work from him.

Just for balance sake, does anyone know where he was standing when the Tigers put in a kick to the winger and he was nowhere to be seen?

Just for balance sake, does anyone know where he was standing when the Tigers put in a kick to the winger and he was nowhere to be seen?
I assume you are talking about the play with around 14mins to go.

The play before the Tigers put in a little kick down the right touch line and we failed to clean it up. Cobbo was tracking across field to help defend any pass back towards the posts he ends up half way between the posts and the right hand touch line. Once doueihi was tackled on our try line he runs back towards a gap in the line under the posts. Which is where they kicked from.

I wasn’t even trying to pump him up. I was just hoping someone would tell me when it occurred so I could go back and watch it

Cult has gone full a g e n d a

He wasn't defending at centre.

He was defending in between the play the ball and the left post. You can see it on the Flying Fox footage on Kayo. There was a massive hole there, he plugged it.
Yeah centre of the field that's what I meant😋

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.