PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

One thing in particular I noticed last night about Cobbo was his incredible upper body strength.

Of course there was the try - but also on a number of kick returns, the defence just couldn't get him to the ground. The flow on effect is obviously a quick play-the-ball and the benefits that can bring.

I'm sure I read somewhere on here one or two people call him 'fat', but I just don't see it at all.

Also, how good was it late on when he returned that kick in full on kamikaze style? I reckon that motivated a few of the boys, as on the next carry Staggs ran with some real gusto as well, and so on.

I actually think Staggs has gotten better this season.

More carries, better defence, and he actually appears to come looking for the ball in attack.
Yes....Staggs was very involved last night compared to earlier games in the season.

I can see Cobbo winning back the fans who were left disgruntled after his off-season comments, the same way Payne Haas has won them back.
I wasn't happy with his comments but I really couldn't care less now. Young guy does stupid things, stop the press. He tries his guts out on the field, that's all I want of any player who wears the jersey.

He gave it his all yesterday, every run he went into the line full pelt. Can't ask for more commitment than that.

I wasn't happy with his comments but I really couldn't care less now. Young guy does stupid things, stop the press. He tries his guts out on the field, that's all I want of any player who wears the jersey.

He gave it his all yesterday, every run he went into the line full pelt. Can't ask for more commitment than that.

It's like Kevvie said, you just have to look at the way he is playing to know that he obviously wants to play for Kev and the club.

Cobbo is one of my favourite players and tonight's game just proved something to me. Cobbo needs to be moved to centre asap and Staggs either wing or Qcup. Cobbo beat 4 defenders while staying in from touch was amazing. We need the ball in his hands more, he runs over players and works hard. Where as Staggs is getting worse and hates to do the hard yards. I want us to let him go the end of the year and definitely move Cobbo in, but before then is even better.

How many beers did you have while watching?

Warriors played well there.

Another favourite of mine is when it was the Dragons I think, they just got a penalty in front and were going to take the 2, Blocker chimes in "they're going to keep the pressure on and take the 2".

Leave blocker roach alone, I like him. He’s a walking,talking advertisement for why cte is such a big issue these days.

Uncoachable - fire him yesterday. Aside from freakish tries, tough carries, tackle breaking at will, intercept tries, last ditch efforts and that cute smile, doesn't offer anything.
A lot of those things aren’t coached by the way.. Also didn’t say we should fire him, again. You said that last time.

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Bronx48
  • westy316
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.