PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

What's that got to do with him as a 20 year old?

The conversation is regarding what can potentially happen if you don't become better.

Hayne is a good example of what you’re saying- Hayne beating four guys and scoring a try shouldn’t cancel out the fact he was late again and eating Hungry Jacks when he did wander in.

Eventually it all caught up with him and the effort to coach him and have him at your club didn’t equal his ability anymore.

I’m sure at the early stages someone said it’s Hayney all good mate grab a massage and give us a chip.

Eventually it catches up with you and in Hayne's case even the club that created his poor attitude and effort towards the team didn't want him.

@Cult has repeatedly said if he doesn't sort it out. Hayne couldn't sort it out.

The conversation is regarding what can potentially happen if you don't become better.

Eventually it catches up with you and in Hayne's case even the club that created his poor attitude and effort towards the team didn't want him.

@Cult has repeatedly said if he doesn't sort it out. Hayne couldn't sort it out.

Hayne went on to become the best player in league arguably before he went to the NFL. He was destined for greatness until he changed codes. He went there and had to change his body shape by adding weight and then came back to a team he didn't care about and didn't have a good culture and allowed him to slack off. Pre-NFL, as I said, he was arguably the best player in the world. Hard to see how 'it caught up with him in the end' given the NFL stint and Titans are MASSIVE interfering factors.

Hayne went on to become the best player in league arguably before he went to the NFL. He was destined for greatness until he changed codes. He went there and had to change his body shape by adding weight and then came back to a team he didn't care about and didn't have a good culture and allowed him to slack off. Pre-NFL, as I said, he was arguably the best player in the world. Hard to see how 'it caught up with him in the end' given the NFL stint and Titans are MASSIVE interfering factors.

His poor attitude caught up with him because coaching staff and clubs weren't willing to cop it anymore and sacked him. He had to re-join the Eels on half his pay and then they sacked him too.

The example I gave was his lateness and poor diet was all funny the first time at the Eels but Henry didn't find it funny and then Arthur didn't find it funny.

Not just Hayne then. Andrew Walker, Anthony Milford, Brett Seymour. There’s so many who haven’t hit the heights they could because they didn’t have the drive to improve

How did it catch up with Hayne? Not factoring in off field stuff here or post-NFL because there could be any number of reasons he bombed, one of them very much being at the Titans.

Pre-NFL, Hayne was easily one of the best players in the league.
How long was he the at the peak though? Less than 2 years?

Not just Hayne then. Andrew Walker, Anthony Milford, Brett Seymour. There’s so many who haven’t hit the heights they could because they didn’t have the drive to improve

Again, the way Cobbo is playing and the improvement he is making just doesn't equate to someone with no drive.

As mentioned previously, apparently Hodges had this apparent kind of attitude, he is an all time great of the game. Had Hayne not gone to the NFL, and of course post-career idiocy, it is almost certain he would have gone down as an all time great as well.

These are by far the best content on BHQ at the moment. Appreciate the hard work.

Pretty decent game by ol’ Corncob
Absolutely agree, I have no idea how much time & effort goes into producing something like this. An hour? More? No idea.

I hope you enjoy making it Freaky, coz I love watching this stuff.

Much appreciated.

Freaky = legend
@Super Freak

Absolutely agree, I have no idea how much time & effort goes into producing something like this. An hour? More? No idea.

I hope you enjoy making it Freaky, coz I love watching this stuff.

Much appreciated.

Freaky = legend
@Super Freak
More than an hour surely. Rewatching the game alone would take an hour.

You are probably correct in that some didn't have the drive to improve further, it may also simply be a case of these players being satisfied with what they had achieved and really don't care what posters like us on forums think they should be doing.

In Milfords case, you could say they showed him the big money and he was satisfied with just that.

I think you may be a bit harsh on Andrew Walker but, he played around 150 games in the NRL, played for the Kangaroos and the Wallabies, and, in his final contract in rugby league, he played for the Goodna Eagles which at the time was the biggest signing in Ipswich Rugby League history

He’s making Xavier Coates look good at catching tonight. That last one being a knock back from Coates notwithstanding. Doesn’t negate the other poor attempts

He’s making Xavier Coates look good at catching tonight. That last one being a knock back from Coates notwithstanding. Doesn’t negate the other poor attempts
Absolutely awful tonight.

@Foordy are you disputing what I’ve said with your eye roll? Feel free to discuss it

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.