PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Like many have said itt, he finished the night with good stats and tried hard all evening outside of that one brain snap. He also would’ve scored one of the all time great winger tries if it it wasn’t for that freak try saving rake.

I just wish he had Walsh’s drive. Perhaps Darius can help him get there mentally.

Edit: put it this way, he’s already on a different planet quality wise to Coates, who I assume would be playing in the spot if he didn’t dog the club, and has room for improvement.

There was a moment late in the game where Walsh was looking buggered Payne took a run and Cobbo was hanging around incase of a offload, sometimes he would return the kick then take another run in that set, he could just sit back on his wing and do nothing but he doesn't.

I remember Denan Kemp saying in a podcast that when your used to playing at a certain weight then you put on a bit of size/muscle it takes abit to find your groove again. Selwyn looks to have added some size to him, Kotoni was the same and it looks like he's found his groove again.

Give the kid a break, letting the ball bounce was bad and he's going to make mistakes like majority of young players. He'll learn from that.

his resilience has been questionable as ****, he honestly needs to harden up and do the tough plays whether they work or not.

I don’t care about his stats, I don’t want him at this club. I didn’t want him hear the second that shit about the podcast came out. The little shit couldn’t even do a sincere apology.

People are acting like I am over reacting over one game but I don’t want him here and don’t think he deserves to be in the team so he is coming from a really low base with me.

How do you know what he said to Kev?

He owes you nothing by the way, not a single thing. He didn't rag on you. How about you start apologizing for some of the shit you've said.

I predict in 12 months this thread is going to age like milk.

He's a KID. People expecting a 20 year old to be carving up every game.

He's had some great plays this year and some brain dead ones. Comes with a kid learning the game. His debut season is over - he thinks he know what's what now. He'll get a reality check soon enough and start to improve again.

It's like you guys started watching footy 5 years ago, fucking clueless.
Ah yes the old ‘you don’t agree with my opinion so you know nothing about footy’. Brilliant.

Plenty of 20 year olds in and out of the game that don’t do the stupid shit he does.

How do you know what he said to Kev?

He owes you nothing by the way, not a single thing. He didn't rag on you. How about you start apologizing for some of the shit you've said.
I’m not sorry for anything I have said. What he did in my book is unacceptable. That’s my opinion and I’m not going to change to fit in with what everyone else likes. I’m not getting up you to stop accepting a player ragging on their coach in a public forum.

Yeah I don’t agree that he had a good game because of his metres made stat. What he did on that catch was unforgivable and Doesn’t show up on stats. On that drop over the line he should have passed inside anyway. He was trying to be cute, smiling before diving over too.

Plus again, he has a poor attitude that won’t allow for the growth that everyone is expecting. This is the final product.

If you can’t see there’s something wrong with him then I put it to you that you don’t have a clue about this sport. That you were the one who started watching this sport five years ago and barely understand the sport.

Ask yourself, if Darius Boyd played like Cobbo has this year would you have been cool with it? He’s getting leeway because he’s somewhat likeable and that’s it.

How many of them do the good shit he does?
Did. Metres made? Pretty much all of them make metres from their own half when we are attacking from our own half. How many of them stand under a ball and pull out instead of attempting to catch it? I’ll tell you how many. Zero

Did. Metres made? Pretty much all of them make metres from their own half when we are attacking from our own half. How many of them stand under a ball and pull out instead of attempting to catch it? I’ll tell you how many. Zero
Not only is he not the only player to do it, he’s not the only one to do it this weekend, and he won’t be the last. It’s poor form but almost every back will do it once or twice a season.

Yeah I don’t agree that he had a good game because of his metres made stat. What he did on that catch was unforgivable and Doesn’t show up on stats. On that drop over the line he should have passed inside anyway. He was trying to be cute, smiling before diving over too.

Plus again, he has a poor attitude that won’t allow for the growth that everyone is expecting. This is the final product.

If you can’t see there’s something wrong with him then I put it to you that you don’t have a clue about this sport. That you were the one who started watching this sport five years ago and barely understand the sport.

Ask yourself, if Darius Boyd played like Cobbo has this year would you have been cool with it? He’s getting leeway because he’s somewhat likeable and that’s it.

Oh ok. So should we expect you to start a sack Walsh thread because he dropped it cold late in the game and was nowhere to be seen on the Hammer try?

Oh ok. So should we expect you to start a sack Walsh thread because he dropped it cold late in the game and was nowhere to be seen on the Hammer try?
What? No. You guys are struggling with this one. I’m telling you, people at the club have said he’s uncoachable and doesn’t care. He’s been showing that on the field this year. It’s all attached but you guys are trying to claim that I’m only saying this because he pulled out of catching a ball. It’s indicative of where his head is at as a professional footballer.

What? No. You guys are struggling with this one. I’m telling you, people at the club have said he’s uncoachable and doesn’t care. He’s been showing that on the field this year. It’s all attached but you guys are trying to claim that I’m only saying this because he pulled out of catching a ball. It’s indicative of where his head is at as a professional footballer.
Who said this?

Who said this?

At a guess, the lady that runs the chook raffle.

I kid, I kid. @Cult without naming names, who are you talking about here? One of the inner circle coaching staff?

At a guess, the lady that runs the chook raffle.

I kid, I kid. @Cult without naming names, who are you talking about here? One of the inner circle coaching staff?
The same person that’s given me information that’s been correct in the past. Signing, retirements, coaching stuff. I obviously can’t go any deeper than that.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • Organix
  • RodF
  • barker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Scorchie
  • vertigo
  • Fitzy
  • ezpz
  • Lozza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • jd87
  • Santa
  • Fatboy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.