PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

But for me it wasn’t about this. Would he had good games elsewhere? Absolutely. But the club had to stand for something. You have to put a line in the sand sometimes that says no matter who you are or your talent this is unacceptable. When you don’t standards start to slip and are hard to enforce and for me that is exactly what we are seeing here.

When you are winning and confidence is high like last year it doesn’t matter. But when you have a year like this and the coach is trying to hold people accountable even if it only subconsciously they are thinking “what do you know” or “why should I care, you let him publicly bag you and he’s still sitting here”.

I don’t think our players are smart enough to even think about this subconsciously.

I don’t think our players are smart enough to even think about this subconsciously.
We will have to agree to disagree then. I mean I have said many times I think our players are dumb but no-one is that dumb.

Ok. So many of you have short memories. Heading in to origin, he was breaking tackles at will and looked like he was about to take the next step. Then something changed. Apparently he got injured and hasn’t been the same since. He’s so young and immature but until origin, he was looking great.

So something has changed there and now we are calling for letting him go on the back of a couple of poor performances and you know what, he isn’t alone there is he. So much about what has gone wrong is pointing at the coaching staff, why throw out our superstars with the stinky coachfu?

I'm sorry but I just don't agree with this. Cobbo is a perfect example of BroncosHQ blinders being fastened.

He can play multiple shit games, do some of the dumbest things you will ever see on a football field, likely run the fucking ball out and not be on his wing, yet in his next game, he will do two good things while lazily running around someone, and BHQ compeltely forgets that more often than not, we are in here ripping shit on him for being a weak player who makes dumb calls.

This isn't new. This has been Cobbo for his ENTIRE career.

It's exactly the same as the mental cases in the Kev thread talking about absolute useless ***** like Barrent and Madge being coaches here.

A lot of fans whinge when about fans ripping into their own team, but they'll back a useless player until retirement. It's insane.

Ok. So many of you have short memories. Heading in to origin, he was breaking tackles at will and looked like he was about to take the next step. Then something changed. Apparently he got injured and hasn’t been the same since. He’s so young and immature but until origin, he was looking great.

I was commenting oh his super aggressive "G.I fend" that seemed to be getting used more.......yep, it looked like he was about to take a step up

**** knows whats happened....

NRL is a tough game, you have to accept the contact and want to be out there.
Cobbo doesn't want it.
I'd select a cactus ahead of him next week after his latest effort.

NRL is a tough game, you have to accept the contact and want to be out there.
Cobbo doesn't want it.
I'd select a cactus ahead of him next week after his latest effort.
Selwyn has other things on his mind besides rugby league at the moment…

I think have few have bought into the media spin about him being a superstar that the broncos need to throw stupid money at in order to keep.

His whole career to date has been hyperbole. Always on time for an error coming out of yardage and continues to buys the honey trap with the sideline.

In a team with such a leadership vacuum he’s a liability we can’t afford. Would take a reliable serviceable winger who can just do the absolute basics right.

He’s one of the most talented players we’ve got but his mind and body might not be cut out for this. He’s very clearly injured with something at the moment. That could be a mental injury we don’t know. He looks sore and battered. Put him on the pine for the remainder of the season.

He’s one of the most talented players we’ve got but his mind and body might not be cut out for this. He’s very clearly injured with something at the moment. That could be a mental injury we don’t know. He looks sore and battered. Put him on the pine for the remainder of the season.

Is he actually though? And if the answer to that is yes then alarm bells are ringing Willie.

Is he actually though? And if the answer to that is yes then alarm bells are ringing Willie.
I remember watching him run onto the field in the Sharks game and thinking wow he looks stuffed. It has been publicized that he's getting needled which is obviously not helping him.

Keeping Cobbo instead of Herbie was a massive error.
Definitely agree. Have a watch of the 2023 tries. For me there are two major differences in the attack from last year and this year. The confidence of Walsh (and Walsh not getting jammed) and also the involvement of Herbie. Just don't see the same from Cobbo.

Kev should have benched him over the weekend because he was clearly not up to it.
Send a message that this isn't up to our standards.
No point having Oates on the bench if he doesn't use him in a situation like this.

Unread

Active Now

• mieko
  • scobie
  • Morkel
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.