PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Got to say after that last game it might change how Billy uses him, he was the best outside back on the field, I can see him staying in that impact 17 role again but I suspect more mins will be planned after the showing in game 1, he might just be the best fender and best player at speed in the game atm.
If Holmes didnt kick like 100% he'd be at risk I reckon

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
If Holmes didnt kick like 100% he'd be at risk I reckon
I still don't think he is required because Walsh is a very good kicker, the main issue is after Holmes and Walsh you looking at players who barely kick ever like DCE, I think the main issue is Ponga not available though because otherwise it would be those two and Cobbo can just play centre(ponga at 17)

He is at this point the best centre of either state and he would be first choice for that if all options where available.

I'm not familiar when Cobbo was in Qcup but I believe he also did conversions though, could be wrong.

that said not liking the current gen of spine players coming through with no conversion ability.

You do have the likes of Sam Walker who is a good kicker but he is more of a post DCE option rather than a 6 option.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Got to say after that last game it might change how Billy uses him, he was the best outside back on the field, I can see him staying in that impact 17 role again but I suspect more mins will be planned after the showing in game 1, he might just be the best fender and best player at speed in the game atm.

That`s why he was wasted on the right wing IMO .
I saw him play for the Indigenous All Stars on the left and he was brushing defenders off like flies .
I got excited to hear he would replace Herbert Felix on the left side this season .

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I still don't think he is required because Walsh is a very good kicker, the main issue is after Holmes and Walsh you looking at players who barely kick ever like DCE, I think the main issue is Ponga not available though because otherwise it would be those two and Cobbo can just play centre(ponga at 17)

He is at this point the best centre of either state and he would be first choice for that if all options where available.

I'm not familiar when Cobbo was in Qcup but I believe he also did conversions though, could be wrong.

that said not liking the current gen of spine players coming through with no conversion ability.

You do have the likes of Sam Walker who is a good kicker but he is more of a post DCE option rather than a 6 option.
Anytime I've been at Broncos training Cobbo is practicing place kicks and drop goals. However, he is not at the level of Walsh, Staggs or even Madden. But, I'm sure if he became a regular kicker he would be good at it.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Never kicked at Cup but 4/6 for Wynnum round one 2020 in Meninga.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

Cobbos kicked 2 NRL goals in 2021 that's where you might remember him kicking from.

Active Now

• Dash
  • davidp
  • jd87
  • Canga
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • PeterBarne
  • Swordfish
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.