PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Got to say after that last game it might change how Billy uses him, he was the best outside back on the field, I can see him staying in that impact 17 role again but I suspect more mins will be planned after the showing in game 1, he might just be the best fender and best player at speed in the game atm.
If Holmes didnt kick like 100% he'd be at risk I reckon

If Holmes didnt kick like 100% he'd be at risk I reckon
I still don't think he is required because Walsh is a very good kicker, the main issue is after Holmes and Walsh you looking at players who barely kick ever like DCE, I think the main issue is Ponga not available though because otherwise it would be those two and Cobbo can just play centre(ponga at 17)

He is at this point the best centre of either state and he would be first choice for that if all options where available.

I'm not familiar when Cobbo was in Qcup but I believe he also did conversions though, could be wrong.

that said not liking the current gen of spine players coming through with no conversion ability.

You do have the likes of Sam Walker who is a good kicker but he is more of a post DCE option rather than a 6 option.

Got to say after that last game it might change how Billy uses him, he was the best outside back on the field, I can see him staying in that impact 17 role again but I suspect more mins will be planned after the showing in game 1, he might just be the best fender and best player at speed in the game atm.

That`s why he was wasted on the right wing IMO .
I saw him play for the Indigenous All Stars on the left and he was brushing defenders off like flies .
I got excited to hear he would replace Herbert Felix on the left side this season .

I still don't think he is required because Walsh is a very good kicker, the main issue is after Holmes and Walsh you looking at players who barely kick ever like DCE, I think the main issue is Ponga not available though because otherwise it would be those two and Cobbo can just play centre(ponga at 17)

He is at this point the best centre of either state and he would be first choice for that if all options where available.

I'm not familiar when Cobbo was in Qcup but I believe he also did conversions though, could be wrong.

that said not liking the current gen of spine players coming through with no conversion ability.

You do have the likes of Sam Walker who is a good kicker but he is more of a post DCE option rather than a 6 option.
Anytime I've been at Broncos training Cobbo is practicing place kicks and drop goals. However, he is not at the level of Walsh, Staggs or even Madden. But, I'm sure if he became a regular kicker he would be good at it.

Never kicked at Cup but 4/6 for Wynnum round one 2020 in Meninga.

Cobbos kicked 2 NRL goals in 2021 that's where you might remember him kicking from.

We need to have a serious chat about this bloke.

Everything about him, his physique, his body language, his efforts in play....It's all piss poor at the moment. He looks like he would rather be anywhere else. Seems to pick up a little niggle every game that takes him right out of it. Bloke needs a rocket or a ticket out of town.

We need to have a serious chat about this bloke.

Everything about him, his physique, his body language, his efforts in play....It's all piss poor at the moment. He looks like he would rather be anywhere else. Seems to pick up a little niggle every game that takes him right out of it. Bloke needs a rocket or a ticket out of town.

Same old Cobbo then.

To be honest from everything we have seen and heard from him the past few years, he seems like the sort of thick boofhead that would smirk and giggle his way through a Bellamy spray, nevermind Kev's limp dicked attempts at looking pissed off.

He's gotta be injured and holding back or his attitude is just way off this season, or both.

Bill saw it through origin camp 1 despite his okay game and dropped him for game 2.

It was only 2 back 5 players being out that got him back in for game 3, or he was no chance.

Sucks when you see old blokes like Jennings running around for the Chooks with more energy than a bloke we've got hundreds of thousands of dollars of cap space invested in.

He might be injured, but there is no way and injury is causing him to look disinterested. He's lazy, slow and lacks a football brain.

If Kev doesn't go, the kid needs a good coach, he's never going to be anything here under Kevin.

Difficult injury to play with......
regular show GIF

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Johnny92
  • Redfern_1980
  • pagey
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Spooky1013
  • The True King
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • RolledOates
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wolfie
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dazza 92
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.