PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Mocking slanderous accusations "He’s fat, dumb and lazy" - nah, we're just standing up for a kid who's doing well and copping shit from ignorant and hateful people.
I was angry in the initial post because he was being dumb and lazy in that game, by not bothering to attempt to catch a ball that was well within his right to catch. I have since added that it was over the top and explained why it was said, but you and a few others simply cannot read and can't stand a bit of honesty about an adult who has plenty of things he needs to improve on.

Stand up for him all you want but at least try and discuss the topic properly. Does he make dumb mistakes? Absolutely. Does he get a bit lazy? Of course. Argue the point or just simply **** off to another thread that is more equal to your reading level. I recommend the 'Awesome Videos and More' thread, where you won't have to read anything at all.

Let's be honest, old mate came down hard on him once that podcast came out and can't find it within himself to forgive a young man who made an obvious mistake.

Let's be honest, old mate came down hard on him once that podcast came out and can't find it within himself to forgive a young man who made an obvious mistake.
Tbf that was me, I had and still have a major issue with the podcast. Cult’s issue is information he has heard about his attitude and application to training.

Selwyn is playing well but for me personally he has a long way to go for me to forgive him but that is my issue which is why I don’t talk about it anymore.

Except I’ve said my initial post was over the top. Everything else has been based on what someone at the club has told me.

The podcast was dumb and I’m yet to move on from it until I hear that he has turned it around at training.

Trigger warning

ScreenFxfnyw aIAIerux

Except I’ve said my initial post was over the top. Everything else has been based on what someone at the club has told me.

The podcast was dumb and I’m yet to move on from it until I hear that he has turned it around at training.

It just doesn't add up, he's clearly playing very well, he was great last night in an elite game. Are you suggesting he trains like shit and still is able to perform as well as he did last night?

If so, wow. What a player!

It just doesn't add up, he's clearly playing very well, he was great last night in an elite game. Are you suggesting he trains like shit and still is able to perform as well as he did last night?

If so, wow. What a player!
Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying. Milford, Dave Taylor, Andrew Walker, Mark Geyer, Wally Lewis, Steve Renoir and even Arthur Beetson were poor trainers who killed it on field. The latter few were luckily able to sustain it over a long period of time. Not everyone can.

My issue is that he has faults and I hope he plans on working on them because he’s not Wally Lewis, he can’t just show up and be good forever.

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying. Milford, Dave Taylor, Andrew Walker, Mark Geyer, Wally Lewis, Steve Renoir and even Arthur Beetson were poor trainers who killed it on field. The latter few were luckily able to sustain it over a long period of time. Not everyone can.

My issue is that he has faults and I hope he plans on working on them because he’s not Wally Lewis, he can’t just show up and be good forever.
Of course he has faults. He’s 20 years old. Even if he doesn’t improve at all he’s already one of the best wingers in the world.

Sure he could get fat like Dave or Milf but he’s a winger. Just let him go and replace him with a guy like Arthars, it won’t cripple the club like your million dollar half becoming fat

Of course he has faults. He’s 20 years old.

This is the thing people need to remember.

Every now and then you will get that absolute freak of nature that hits the ground running and never looks back, but for the most part the young guys like Cobbo coming up in the NRL will have quite a few faults that take time to fix. Cobbo is only 20, he's still got quite a bit of maturing to do and when he does, those faults will no longer be an issue.

This is the thing people need to remember.

Every now and then you will get that absolute freak of nature that hits the ground running and never looks back, but for the most part the young guys like Cobbo coming up in the NRL will have quite a few faults that take time to fix. Cobbo is only 20, he's still got quite a bit of maturing to do and when he does, those faults will no longer be an issue.
Which would be perfectly fine if he was the kind of person who applied himself at training to become a better player. But from what I have heard from someone at the club, that isn’t the case. Hence my worries and the entire point of the conversation.

Which would be perfectly fine if he was the kind of person who applied himself at training to become a better player. But from what I have heard from someone at the club, that isn’t the case. Hence my worries and the entire point of the conversation.
stop the rot...kid goes good. he is a kid
i have spoke to his teachers and not prick your balloon the kid just kives a moment not pre empted good bad or othetwise sometimes just a kid

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kiwibronco
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • johnny plath
  • Santa
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.