Semi Finals Discussion

Re: Finals Week Two Discussion

This feel Origin 3 like. And I reckon the decisive common factor isn't Matt Scott or Thurston. It's Michael Ennis's limp defence at marker.

Welp, suddenly much prouder of our boys for beating this mob last week. The Cows have been relentless

I'll eat my words in hot steaming spoonfuls

The Cowboys have been relentless and are completely dominating , Cronulla will need nothing short of a miracle to come back from here

You didn't think the Roosters V Storm game was worth watching? or the Dogs V Dragons game that went to golden point or the first half of yesterday's game?

Sad

Despite the closeness of the scorelines, I think most of the games have been surprisingly poor quality, tbh. The Roosters-Storm game you mentioned had a lot of drop ball, poor kicks etc. I shake my head at how Cronk got man of the match. His radar was way off - probably the worst game I've seen him play but they got home.

Full credit to the Cowboys crowd. They are relentless in their support. It's how people in Brisbane need to be next week who are planning on going to the game. Despite a massive crowd last week, I reckon you'd hear more cheer in a graveyard. Don't go there to fucking 'hang out' or to 'see a good game.' Bag the opposition team mercilessly. The Roosters will be determined not to come home empty handed and the crowd need to make their job difficult.

Where we were (middle tier, beside the screen) I thought there was heaps of noise for the Broncos. What I did notice though was what seats were empty - the bloody corporate boxes. I know it makes the club lots of money but I hate the thought of people holding those boxes just to grease up customers, but not actually giving a shit about the Broncos. Could be Stadium members as opposed to Broncos ones though...

Cowboys all over them. Can't imagine the Sharks will replicate their comeback from earlier in the season.

Got to say, I'm a little surprised the Sharks haven't even been competitive thus far. They've been pretty effective at drawing teams into their kind of fight all year. Poor completion and a red hot start from NQ has pretty much sealed their fate.

Not to count the proverbial chickens, but I'll be interested to see how NQ handle the Storm next week. Think they'll find it tough to impose their will against Melbourne's suffocating style.

Despite the closeness of the scorelines, I think most of the games have been surprisingly poor quality, tbh. The Roosters-Storm game you mentioned had a lot of drop ball, poor kicks etc. I shake my head at how Cronk got man of the match. His radar was way off - probably the worst game I've seen him play but they got home.

Smith is still boycotting 9 so he was never in the discussion, if he was there is no doubt in the world he would've got it.

Smith is still boycotting 9 so he was never in the discussion, if he was there is no doubt in the world he would've got it.

Good point - forgot about the Smith boycott lol.

Sharks have a chance if Cowboys have their usual fade out. They have a knack for starting the second half slow.

A near perfect performance is needed, though. They need to control the tempo and make Cowboys play their style

Last edited:

**** me, the Cowboys really aren't going to take no for an answer this year. If we don't make it past the refs next week I can see the Cowboys winning the grand final.

The radio commentary is gold. Calling Ennis a grub, whinging about soft square up penalties lol

Sharks will miss Gallen's work rate but you have to wonder if they may be more adventurous in attack without him.

Irrespective, I don't see them troubling NQ too much, but I'd like to see the Sharks at least mount some kind of challenge.

Too much arm grabbing from the Sharks...

Lol @ Sharks.

Come on Mr Dally M 2012 the Sharks need your expertise.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • bb_gun
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.