Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
13567086_1046081658778627_8463663713651170311_n.jpg

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Radradra on his way back to Australia with Hayne.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What's the idea behind Hayne flying back with Radradra, are they going to have a press conference tomorrow to announce they've both signed lifetime deals with the club or something? Can't see why Hayne would stop training 5 weeks out from the Olympics to hold Semi's hand on a flight to Australia.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What's the idea behind Hayne flying back with Radradra, are they going to have a press conference tomorrow to announce they've both signed lifetime deals with the club or something? Can't see why Hayne would stop training 5 weeks out from the Olympics to hold Semi's hand on a flight to Australia.

It's all about Hayne's dream to fly back to Australia with Radradra, so he's retired from rugby 7s.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Kind of expecting the Fiji coach to say he can't play because he's just not good enough, and Hayne to Eels.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
A 1 year ban, a fine and forced to attend classes on domestic violence.

Then he'll be back in the NRL earning close to a million dollars a year.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Interesting. So if he plead guilty, he would have to be sacked, no?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I think the NRL are going to go really soft on the Eels for anything else this year.

Why haven't their points been removed yet?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Exactly what I was thinking. This is a ploy to get sacked by the NRL. Massive gamble, of course, as doesn't a criminal history make it excessively hard to get a visa to play in another country? But if he's desperate...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I think the NRL are going to go really soft on the Eels for anything else this year.

Why haven't their points been removed yet?

IIRC they have up to a particular date to meet certain sanctions (eg, offing the dodgy officials). They're in danger of harsher penalties (both financially and in competition points) if they don't comply. It'll be applied once that date is met.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Exactly what I was thinking. This is a ploy to get sacked by the NRL. Massive gamble, of course, as doesn't a criminal history make it excessively hard to get a visa to play in another country? But if he's desperate...

From my understanding, you cannot have any criminal convictions.

If you do, you're shit out of luck.

I know someone that tried to get a working holiday visa for France and he was rejected because he had a conviction from just over a year ago.

Last edited:
C

ccfcdownunder

U18 Player
Sep 1, 2015
There was a problem with Eastwood a couple of yrs back. Couldnt get visa to play in UK

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but there is no way he would set up a domestic violence charge and plead guilty to it just to get out of his NRL contract. He would never get a VISA to play overseas and this would follow him for the rest of his life. Unless his manager is literally a potato this is not a thing.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but there is no way he would set up a domestic violence charge and plead guilty to it just to get out of his NRL contract. He would never get a VISA to play overseas and this would follow him for the rest of his life. Unless his manager is literally a potato this is not a thing.

Unless they think they can go "nah drop the charges" once the Eels tear up his contract. His manager has so far come across as a potato.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Unless they think they can go "nah drop the charges" once the Eels tear up his contract. His manager has so far come across as a potato.

Police don't work that way. If she has presented to the police and provided enough evidence that they believe it appropriate to charge him, they will pursue it regardless whether she withdraws her statement or asks for the charges to be drop the charges. In fact, they could find themselves with additional charges.

In saying that, perhaps is manager is in fact a potato.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.