Sexual assault allegation

Received 3.30pm today.

Statement

This is a further update of the proceedings with regard to the recent allegations involving
three Broncos players.
I advise the Broncos have continued their investigations and in co-operation with the
Queensland Police helped arrange for all witnesses known to the Broncos to present
themselves to police for interview and the taking of statements.
That process was completed last night.
This morning the Brisbane Broncos Limited Board held a special board meeting to discuss
the issue and update directors on proceedings to date.
The Board endorsed management’s handling of the internal investigation and in particular
the work they have being (sic) doing to assist Queensland Police, and the decision not to act or
pass comment until the investigation is complete and all the facts are known.
This afternoon I held a meeting with members of the internal team and the solicitor
representing the players involved to bring management up to speed on where the process is
at.
The NRL, club sponsors, corporate supporters and members are being updated on the
progress being made.
Once again, I thank you for your patience in this matter.
Bruno Cullen
Chief Executive
Brisbane Broncos Limited

I think one thing is definite about this incident. The girl was well drilled.

Argh dear good old coxy [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Russo said:
Hammo you are taking things too far, you now are saying that the rest of us that don't agree are irrationale and that what was done is not immoral.

I have said before and will say again let each to their own have a view and let it be.

Immoral depends on the persons own morals so it is immoral to some and not to others.

Move on mate or you will as they say "be sitting down for a while"

Not only am I disappointed, I'm offended.

Firstly; Did you even read this thread or have you been skim reading? My post was directed at subsligh, hence why I quoted him/her. Him/her was the one who posted the "irrational" branding, I simply changed the wording to reflect the viewpoint of another section of the Broncos community.

Secondly;
Russo said:
I have said before and will say again let each to their own have a view and let it be.
This is very good advice...where have I heard it? Oh that's right...from me. It's what I have been posting since my first post in this thread. I have only responded to people that are posting their viewpoints (which are similar to your own Russo). I also, was responding to people, who were responding to me!!! pot.kettle.black.

Finally; to threaten me with a ban because of my posts in this thread is laughable Russo. Like my last point alluded to, if you ban me, ban the 20 other posters that have continued to respond to myself and others, with their differing viewpoint. What's good for one, is good for all.

Not only that Russo, but I have been very respectful and far from insulting in all my posts on this subject, despite sitting by and being personally slandered by other posters; whilst you and other admins didn't so much as warn the offending posters. Show me a single post of mine, where an individual could be offended by what I have said. I could show you posts made by other posters, that are offensive to myself and others.

Cheer up Hammo. The players got named in the team, you win.

Let's let the footy do the talking and hopefully wash over us all.

Going to be an interesting reception when the lineups are called at the game (i.e. Boos or cheers).

I would hope Broncos fans who are disappointed in the player behaviour and who attend would simply sit quietly while the names are announced. The Storm fans will do enough booing for them.

Also, what a shit way to end the season if we get beaten on Saturday night - and do you know who is going to cop the blame for that.

There's always the conundrum about why noone called the Broncos' media or PR people if the boys were behaving like thugs earlier in the day, a la Greg Bird in the Mall during Origin. :x

The more information that comes out the more it looks as if the Boys are innocent. I doubt any of the 3 players named need to rape or sexually assault a woman anyway. Girls chuck themselves at them they could easily get a chick to play dead and play rape her anyway.

Stay silent while the names are announced? I don't think it would be too hard to clap them at least, they will be there to try win the game.

Beads6 said:
The more information that comes out the more it looks as if the Boys are innocent. I doubt any of the 3 players named need to rape or sexually assault a woman anyway. Girls chuck themselves at them they could easily get a chick to play dead and play rape her anyway.
[icon_ee WTF you on man

subsbligh said:
Beads6 said:
[icon_ee WTF you on man

Some people have these kind of fantasies!!

lockyer47 said:
Stay silent while the names are announced? I don't think it would be too hard to clap them at least, they will be there to try win the game.

Yeah, anyone who refuses to applaud the players in question when their names come up shouldn't go to the game. The club does not need pathetic fans such as these.

Beads6 said:

That is fkn hilarious.

Some fans may want the 3 players to get a ticket tape parade.

Think Locky will give the team a motivational speech before saturdays game?
maybe something along the lines of "St George won 11 premierships with one Raper, imagine how many <<insert team here>> are going to win"... Last time he used it, the team he spoke of went on to win the comp.

All seriousness though... I am extremely disappointed in the boys for their actions... and im not talking about any allegations which have been made by this chick, im disappointed in them for being out on the piss a week before an elimination final. It was only 4 weeks ago that Lockyer had a chat to the team about his growing concern of the drinking culture and warned against this sort of crap leading in to the business end of the season.

As for these allegaions, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? god the media annoy me with their reporting of a so called "vicious rape"...

That said... the team has my full support for the season and in to the future... and so do the players involved unless they are ever proven guilty (which is looking less likely by the hour)

GO THE BRONCS

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Cavalo
  • maddo
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.