Sexual assault allegation

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008
subsbligh said:
Also, what a shit way to end the season if we get beaten on Saturday night - and do you know who is going to cop the blame for that.

we are going to get smashed on saturday. an incident with this amount of press intensity will do nothing but take away focus from actually playing footy.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
badav said:
we are going to get smashed on saturday. an incident with this amount of press intensity will do nothing but take away focus from actually playing footy.

We were probably going to get smashed anyway.

If we do, we can blame Hunt, Thaiday & Boyd.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kaz said:
badav said:

We were probably going to get smashed anyway.

If we do, we can blame Hunt, Thaiday & Boyd.

I don't think you can write us off yet. We may play poorly or we may come out breathing fire and destroy Melbourne. IMO we are better than a 50% chance.

J

Jeff86

Sep 14, 2008
We were going to win...we still are going to win..and when Thaiday makes a crushing takle which makes a storm player cough up the ball in their own half which leads to a well executed play from Darren the God Lockyer and Prince Hunt with Boyd finishing it off in the corner you will all be on your chair cheering them...so give them a break..GO BRONCOS!

S

Smithdom

BRL Player
Mar 18, 2008
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

BRONCOS skipper Darren Lockyer has been accused of man-handling a hotel manager during a drinking session with teammates at a Brisbane nightclub.
ABC online reports it has obtained security footage showing several Broncos players at Brisbane's Casablanca Cella Bar two weeks ago.

Casablanca's manager, Sarosh Mehta, is quoted as saying the players were loud, demanding and drunk.

He told the ABC the situation deteriorated when when one of the players illegally took alcohol out of the club.

Security footage shows captain Darren Lockyer tackling a manager when challenged about the alcohol.

"The manager obviously doing the right thing as per out liquor act and licence conditions went over there and asked for them to be returned and he was just pushed aside," Mr Mehta is quoted as saying.

B

broncos85

BRL Player
May 1, 2008
God dammit I said this would happen!

Every man and his dog will have a story about the Broncos poor behaviour.

Why cant people just keep their mouths shut

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well I can't see any Broncos Players venturing out on the town in Brisbane ever again the way all the bars and clubs are turning there back on them. No mention of the everyday people that do a lot worse every day! FFS this whole incident has been made into to something much bigger than he it is.

D

Dominic

BRL Player
Mar 15, 2008
So Lockyer goes and gets hammered a couple of weeks after telling the boys to ease off the drink.LOL.

Wonderful example.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Beads6 said:
Well I can't see any Broncos Players venturing out on the town in Brisbane ever again the way all the bars and clubs are turning there back on them. No mention of the everyday people that do a lot worse every day! FFS this whole incident has been made into to something much bigger than he it is.
I think they'll continue to venture out on the town, however they're probably going to be a lot more conscious about their behaviour and image while in public (probably like I do when I'm in a public area).

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Craig Wing made an interesting point today re player / public interaction in the future ... would be a shame if it had to go to that extreme, but it's probably on the cards ...

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Casablanca's manager, Sarosh Mehta is protecting the licence.

If the players were drunk they shouldn't have been served. Casablanca's have broken the law.

The manager has put his foot in it.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Smithdom said:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24361143-952,00.html

BRONCOS skipper Darren Lockyer has been accused of man-handling a hotel manager during a drinking session with teammates at a Brisbane nightclub.
ABC online reports it has obtained security footage showing several Broncos players at Brisbane's Casablanca Cella Bar two weeks ago.

Casablanca's manager, Sarosh Mehta, is quoted as saying the players were loud, demanding and drunk.

He told the ABC the situation deteriorated when when one of the players illegally took alcohol out of the club.

Security footage shows captain Darren Lockyer tackling a manager when challenged about the alcohol.

"The manager obviously doing the right thing as per out liquor act and licence conditions went over there and asked for them to be returned and he was just pushed aside," Mr Mehta is quoted as saying.

What a ridiculous article. First Lockyer man-handled him, then he tackled him, then he pushed him aside. Well, which one is it? Because they're all very different IMO.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Dominic said:
So Lockyer goes and gets hammered a couple of weeks after telling the boys to ease off the drink.

The drinking ban was defeated.

ummm

Does Darren's brother look like him, maybe Matt was the one that did it. [icon_evillaugh

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
ABC radio hates the Broncos, well the commentators do.

K

kymbo

Sep 10, 2008
I can't believe more crap stories about the broncos have come out this afternoon. Everyone just needs to leave us the hell alone. It's funny how we beat the roosters last friday nite after being belted around , our odds drop to be second favourite to win the premiership the next morning and then to cap it off melbourne get beaten by the warriors and we're up against them at a packed suncorp. I'm starting to think that's it's all a big gee up to stop us from winning another premiership. Surely a club that has kept a relatively low profile for years can't have this much happen in one week!!!

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
This is the snowball effect starting, it was always going to happen. The media have got their audience interested and will drag it out as long as possible.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The footage was grainy and it was hard to tell if it was Lockyer. It certainly seems out of character but as has been mentioned - most of us only know them on the footy field. I'm hopeful it's not true.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.