Sexual assault allegation

Steve said:
The footage was grainy and it was hard to tell if it was Lockyer. It certainly seems out of character but as has been mentioned - most of us only know them on the footy field. I'm hopeful it's not true.

Where did you hear that the footage was grainy?

kymbo said:
I can't believe more crap stories about the broncos have come out this afternoon. Everyone just needs to leave us the hell alone. It's funny how we beat the roosters last friday nite after being belted around , our odds drop to be second favourite to win the premiership the next morning and then to cap it off melbourne get beaten by the warriors and we're up against them at a packed suncorp. I'm starting to think that's it's all a big gee up to stop us from winning another premiership. Surely a club that has kept a relatively low profile for years can't have this much happen in one week!!!

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Kept a relativley low profile as in kept everything in house and hush hush for years. However this is no doubt the same at every club, same with every sport.

Athletes generally are a very cocky, some say arrogant bunch. They think they are 10 foot tall and bulletproof and will do some pretty nuts things that you wouldn't expect of sportspeople that could get them in heaps deep shite.

LOL- ABC News;

"Darren Lockyer "allegedly" tackled a bouncer"

The footage shows a guy (could be anyone) play tackle a person. The person laughs and then walks off. LOL. Then a person, that appears to be Boyd, walks outside witha drink behind his back, bouncer looks as though he asks him to return inside with drink. Person does.

How does someone "allegedly" tackle someone? Like, surely you do it or you don't? So, the manager, can't say whether he did or didn't??? LOL

Anyone who wants their club on TV (uber/Casablance) come on down...the iron is hot! Strike quick however, the publicity will go cold the next time something happens,to anyone, in Aus!

Hammo said:
LOL- ABC News;

"Darren Lockyer "allegedly" tackled a bouncer"

The footage shows a guy (could be anyone) play tackle a person. The person laughs and then walks off. LOL. Then a person, that appears to be Boyd, walks outside witha drink behind his back, bouncer looks as though he asks him to return inside with drink. Person does.

How does someone "allegedly" tackle someone? Like, surely you do it or you don't? So, the manager, can't say whether he did or didn't??? LOL

Anyone who wants their club on TV (uber/Casablance) come on down...the iron is hot! Strike quick however, the publicity will go cold the next time something happens,to anyone, in Aus!

i don't understand. have u seen the footage?

Hammo said:
It was on ABC news tonight

darn i didn't see it. do u know if it's online?

edit - nm i found it on the abc website. you can't see crap, but to me it looks like a muck around play tackle.

Je$ter said:
Kept a relativley low profile as in kept everything in house and hush hush for years. However this is no doubt the same at every club, same with every sport.

Our players are angels.

The Broncos would never hush anything up. [icon_evillaugh

Buys Broncos a new broom to sweep things under the carpet. [icon_razz1

Hammo said:
King_Lockyer said:
but to me it looks like a muck around play tackle.
exacatly like a play tackle.

yeah the guy looked like he was scared too. after the tackle he stood there with his hands behind his back. FFS i knew this would start everyone coming out with shit trying to make money!

Lockyer tackled him? I smell BS. If he can't do it when he's working, why could he do it when he's drinking!

"They were quite drunk and they could have easily hit me so I made it as a joke to soften their reaction," club owner Terry Degunten said.

nice edit on the ABC website

Lockyer battled his way through an eight-minute pre-training press conference today, repeatedly refusing to comment on questions about his three teammates currently under police investigation.

Asked if he'd spoken to the trio, he replied: "No".

He gave the same answer when asked if he thought the club should have stood the players down from Saturday night's game.

"It's not my call, I'm not going to comment on that," he said.

Gave the "same" answer WTF it's nothing like the same answer. . .

EDIT: sorry, the second quote came from the courier mail website

HAHAHA I just watched the video online.... ABC, that is PISSWEAK! "Let's jump on the bandwagon with a bullshit story to get some viewers!" You couldn't even SEE the bloke who was doing the tackling.
And as for Casablanca's, this looks like a cheap way of advertising their club to me. I have drank there once or twice, they won't be getting my business anymore. One person probably won't make a difference, but **** it they aren't getting my cash.

Good point by Kaz by the way, the players were obviously intoxicated, why were they served? That's against the law I believe.

Just e-mailed this on the Casablanca's website.

I am quite disappointed after seeing your irresponsible story in regards to Darren Lockyer 'tackling' one of your staff members. As a club/cafe that has made significant profit with your proximity to Suncorp Stadium (and by extension, the Brisbane Broncos games), I find it deplorable that Casablanca are cashing in on the off-field woes of the Brisbane Broncos.

If the patrons were obviously intoxicated, it begs the question why they were continued to be served alcohol in the first place? Surely, in accordance with liquor licensing laws & regulations and RSA policies, this is not allowed? Why was this alleged assault not reported to the police, and instead aired on national television?

Before Saturday's game, I was planning on having dinner and drinks at Casablanca's. Instead, I will take my dollars elsewhere and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Unfortunately, if this incident did in fact occur, it's legitimacy has been tarnished as it just looks like a cheap grap for publicity on the part of your club.

Is Casablanca directly across from Hotel LA?

If so this has to be the lamest place in Caxton Street. From what I have seen the only reason the Broncos would have been there is because they could get drinks quicker, there is never anyone there before the games and afterwards a few drunks might drop in to belt out some karaoke (could it be the Stable when they are in town?)

hmm just saw the video. while it's not too bad, it's also not great if it was lockyer behaving like that. gotta wonder about the agenda of the club releasing it while we're down though.

Anyone watch NRL on Fox tonight?
Gordie did some good explaining on what would be going on between the boys as a team and what would be said.
He, as did ABC radio yesterday afternoon said this could go in our favour as it has taken away the focus of totally footy away from the team and if they can get through that and vent it on the field it will be to their benefit.

Also he said as someone on the forum said that there is nobody like a Webcke or Lazo that is at the club now who could get into the boys about off field drinking etc. Said he would never have been game to look up at one of the big forwards in his day and not do as they told him to. Now we have all kids who are only in their early 20.s.

Love Gordie. Really pushed it to Smith as did Sattler.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.